Options

euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,263
    hello all...did u book flights,hotels etc?

Not yet, only really had a quick glance at hotels for Berlin, not looked at all for Stockholm. For Berlin I like the idea of staying near Alexanderplatz again, if only because the television tower makes for an excellent homing beacon after you've had a couple too many steins!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    ilockyer wrote:

Not yet, only really had a quick glance at hotels for Berlin, not looked at all for Stockholm. For Berlin I like the idea of staying near Alexanderplatz again, if only because the television tower makes for an excellent homing beacon after you've had a couple too many steins!

Likewise! I've booked Manchester hotel, and have the tickets...nothing else! I've not even looked tbh other than a few half hearted google searches, my head has been elsewhere.
    I'm sure Dimitris will put us all to shame, have everything organised and a gaggle of people with him :lol: I therefore admit that I am officially rubbish ;):D
    I looked at the Berlin to Malmo train earlier, looks interesting.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,076
    dottles wrote:
    I would LOVE to take a train Berlin to Stockholm (with the stop inbetween) up there if there was a group doing it....

I think, depending on how it works out with the cost of the trains, it'd be saving $$ on a night in a hotel too! :D

Of course you'll be included - tut tut for even thinking otherwise missus!

Oh I never thought I wouldnt be--- Im just saying I would do it if there was a crowd doing it together. I had planned to fly but this sounds like a blast!
    I just have no experience traveling overseas, so i need someone to tell me where and what to book if everyone is taking the train together ;)
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

Likewise! I've booked Manchester hotel, and have the tickets...nothing else! I've not even looked tbh other than a few half hearted google searches, my head has been elsewhere.
    I'm sure Dimitris will put us all to shame, have everything organised and a gaggle of people with him :lol: I therefore admit that I am officially rubbish ;):D

Dimitris is bound to be super organised. Someone has to be, so it may as well be him!

Me, I enjoy the whole plotting and planning thing almost as much as the travelling itself. I really should be a travel agent, but I wouldn't take the £8k pay drop to become one!

That train journey does look excellent. I say it has to be done, although a cow-orker I spoke to today who's done it the other way reckons we'd be mental to undertake such an epic journey when we could spend more time in one of the cities... I just wish Oslo and Copenhagen were 2 days apart, I'd take the boat then and do Cph... 16.5 hour ferry trip apparently.
    Oh I never thought I wouldnt be--- Im just saying I would do it if there was a crowd doing it together. I had planned to fly but this sounds like a blast!
    I just have no experience traveling overseas, so i need someone to tell me where and what to book if everyone is taking the train together ;)

Flying is quick, but nowhere near as fun. Rest assured you'll be kept informed of plans being made, and asked for input, so best spend some time googling!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/se/comfort ... rrency=EUR
    i book here in stockholm..me bas will be there too...its the cheapest in that area and is the center of all
    and not all Leanne yet..that maybe second berlin show delays all....and not only that show...ehehhehehehheh
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i book here in stockholm..me bas will be there too...its the cheapest in that area and is the center of all
    and not all Leanne yet..that maybe second berlin show delays all....and not only that show...ehehhehehehheh

I saw that one a while back, Bas sent me the link, but it looks a little cheaper now than what I could find at the time. Room reserved as it's free to cancel!

Do you reckon there's still a chance of a second Berlin show? Given they've put other second shows on sale the public sale day, and Berlin tickets are still available, I don't see it. I hope to be very wrong though!
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

I saw that one a while back, Bas sent me the link, but it looks a little cheaper now than what I could find at the time. Room reserved as it's free to cancel!

Do you reckon there's still a chance of a second Berlin show? Given they've put other second shows on sale the public sale day, and Berlin tickets are still available, I don't see it. I hope to be very wrong though!
    we wait..the funny is there are less than 500 tix available all at the back of 4th section..i believe there are chances..the show is in 6 months and some days from now..lets hope....and dont forget..

1-3 rd july is open for a show..everywhere in europe..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Flights between Berlin and Stockholm are easy Kelly, but us lot like to make life difficult and a but more fun (remind me of that when I am extraordinarliy grumpy after the night train!)
    The time in the cities theory does make sense, and my friend did say "I understand the theory but if you take the overnight train you're not gonna see anything anyway you'll be asleep" :lol::lol:
    I like the plotting and planning too. Oh well we shall see!

I saw Italian press are mentioning EV solo in Rome in July today...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    its been out from 20th december :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Yeah, I saw, just been occupied with non PJ related stuff :lol:
    This hotel in Stockholm, are we booking singles/doubles/twins what?
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Yeah, I saw, just been occupied with non PJ related stuff :lol:

I would be surprised if you were booking yourself anything less than a suite fit for a princess :D:lol::D
    dottles wrote:
    Flights between Berlin and Stockholm are easy Kelly, but us lot like to make life difficult and a bit more fun (remind me of that when I am extraordinarliy grumpy after the night train!)
    The time in the cities theory does make sense, and my friend did say "I understand the theory but if you take the overnight train you're not gonna see anything anyway you'll be asleep" :lol::lol:
    I like the plotting and planning too. Oh well we shall see!

You won't see much between Berlin and Malmo probably, but you'll get to see a lot between Malmo and Stockholm. Probably lots of hills without any snow on them :(

As for you being grumpy with overnight/early trains, you were probably more with it than I was for the Ottawa-Hamilton journey!

And making life difficult, that'd be Dave and the Phil's with that tent that went on a long trip to die in a French field! :D
  • Options
    I just booked this hotel as well :D

what the hell is a wall bed? one that flips down from the wall? :lol:

I guess I need to start paying attention around here again...been in a holiday rush/end-of-year-at work/new boy high and I havent poked my face in too much in the past couple of weeks.

YAY I can't wait :D
    Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    :wave:
  • Options
    I just booked this hotel as well :D

what the hell is a wall bed? one that flips down from the wall? :lol:

I guess I need to start paying attention around here again...been in a holiday rush/end-of-year-at work/new boy high and I havent poked my face in too much in the past couple of weeks.

YAY I can't wait :D

Hurrah!! :D
    It is indeed, a bizarre sturdy hammock :lol::lol:
    Planning will step up a gear from the New Year :D (well in my case at least, some of the others are planned and booked as you can see :D )
    New boy you say????? details lady details!!! :mrgreen:

Rita :wave: :wave: :wave:
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Hurrah!! :D
    It is indeed, a bizarre sturdy hammock :lol::lol:
    Planning will step up a gear from the New Year :D (well in my case at least, some of the others are planned and booked as you can see :D )
    New boy you say????? details lady details!!! :mrgreen:

Rita :wave: :wave: :wave:

you won't catch me sleepin in anything that hangs off of a wall! I would surely fall off in the middle of the night :lol:
    I need to step up the planning too...this is all i have done besides all of the show tickets. no rooms for the other like 9 nights I will be there...and no flights....trains....
    ha ha ha!

new boy....too new for details....
    but: :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Makes much more sense...

• Options
    redrock wrote:
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dottles wrote:

If you need a roomie for Stockholm or Oslo (not sure if you're going to Oslo!) let me know ;)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    dottles wrote:

If you need a roomie for Stockholm or Oslo (not sure if you're going to Oslo!) let me know ;)

I wish I was going to Oslo but alas I am not :(
    I shall let you know if Stockholm bed is available :D someone may have dibs on it but we shall see.
    It is a wall hangy one :lol::lol: :? :?

Well I was meant to be going shopping today but my friend just called and we're off to the beach instead :lol: It's stormy as hell out, so should be insteresting!
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Berlin is booked from the 3 - 7

http://www.citystay.de/
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    are we having good holidays out there? :D
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Incase i don't get the chance later, have a merry new year, and have fun wether your out partying or staying at home, and all the best for 2012... whatever you may have planned for next year :D
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    happy new year to all!!!enjoy :D
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Happy New Year to all my wonderful Euro friends and hope to see most of you next year!!!!

xxxx
  • Options
    Happy New Year everyone! It's been a nice chilled out evening here, good tunes, too much pizza (and plenty left for breakfast), and no hangover as I was chain drinking tea all night. :D
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Happy New Year to all 2010 crew and of course to the 2012 folks who I may or may not meet this year!! It's less than half a year until Manchester now and I can't wait to get back to what I missed this year! 2012 will be an awesome year musically and personally for me and I know a lot of folks have exciting times ahead. Best of luck to titchinello and family with their new arrival, Sian and Dave for their first year together not "in sin" :lol: and to everyone else of course. There are some 10c members who are pretty absent from here lately but wherever you all are I wish you all a great year too and hopefully you all have a show or two to attend!! Best wishes, the Veddertown's!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    veddertown wrote:
    Happy New Year to all 2010 crew and of course to the 2012 folks who I may or may not meet this year!! It's less than half a year until Manchester now and I can't wait to get back to what I missed this year! 2012 will be an awesome year musically and personally for me and I know a lot of folks have exciting times ahead. Best of luck to titchinello and family with their new arrival, Sian and Dave for their first year together not "in sin" :lol: and to everyone else of course. There are some 10c members who are pretty absent from here lately but wherever you all are I wish you all a great year too and hopefully you all have a show or two to attend!! Best wishes, the Veddertown's!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    Happy New Year Peeps!

I hope you all had a fab festive time, and that the New Years weekend was a blast.
    I spent my weekend in the Midlands, second New Years in a row with friends from here and as you all know that means lots of tea drinking, sober conversations, nothing naughty and all in bed by 10pm.

Here's to 2012, and whatever that brings, I truly hope happiness, health, love and luck...oooh, and a bit of some band called Pearl Jam :D xxxxxx
  • Options
    hi Leanne..hope u enjoy holidays :)
  • Options
    Hope everyone had a great new year.

Anyone back at work tomorrow?
  • Options
    Hope everyone had a great new year.

Anyone back at work tomorrow?

Yes, although I was also in Wednesday to Friday last week, so not like I've had much time off. Major win though, I would normally be due to do a 6 day week this week as it's my Saturday to work, but the bank holiday shortens it!