euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,137
    nice to see u Claire.. :D

I concur, it is lovely to see you here Claire :D:D:D
    and Manchester will be ace sweetie!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    em jot wrote:
    IS IT JUNE YET :?: :?: :?:

8-)

The spreadsheet I'm putting together to cost this motherfucker out is saying it can't be June for quite some time... but I'm making matters worse for myself by considering adding things on after Copenhagen...
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    ilockyer wrote:
    em jot wrote:

8-)

The spreadsheet I'm putting together to cost this motherfucker out is saying it can't be June for quite some time... but I'm making matters worse for myself by considering adding things on after Copenhagen...

You're terrible! :lol::lol: defo worse than me!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:
    em jot wrote:

8-)

You're terrible! :lol::lol: defo worse than me!

In that I have a spreadsheet (I have always had them for budgeting purposes) or that I'm considering adding further travels? Prague and Vienna for back to back E Street Band shows, and then back to London and Hyde Park? I dread to think what'll happen when DBT come over here next... it better not be this year!
    Not the spreadsheet, I probably beat you hands down for that!
    dottles wrote:

LOL! Sian gave me some great advice, cost this trip out, then black out the cells so I can't see how much, and just do it anyway :D
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

LOL! Sian gave me some great advice, cost this trip out, then black out the cells so I can't see how much, and just do it anyway :D
    :lol::lol::lol: gawddamn I love that woman!
    I best book trains to see you folks thinking about it...
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: gawddamn I love that woman!
    I best book trains to see you folks thinking about it...

Might be a good idea... I should consider going to bed as I'm due at castle greyskull at 8:30am.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Damn you all and your mere train-booking! It'll be a long 6 months till I see ye all again!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Damn you all and your mere train-booking! It'll be a long 6 months till I see ye all again!
    :lol::lol: It'll be more expensive and take longer to get to them from me than from you Jen :lol:

I think everyone should come party in Cornwall!
  • in 6 months..8 shows...heaven..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Ian - after your last post I now have visions of you in little shorts holding aloft a sword shouting 'I have the power!'.

Gosh ages since I wtched that.
    Howdy peeps,
    How are we all today?
    I've had a CD box collapse on me this morning :?
    Anyway, think I've found a hotel in Berlin so that's coolio.
    Hope you're all having a good day xx
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I've been for my walkabout, nothing like the impending downfall of very cold rain to get ye moving a bit faster :lol:

Also, Leanne, dunnae worry about the Stockholm hotel - I've still not got a ticket because I'm holding out for a standing one, so it'll be a last minute thing more than anything else!

Happy weekend :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    I've been for my walkabout, nothing like the impending downfall of very cold rain to get ye moving a bit faster :lol:

Also, Leanne, dunnae worry about the Stockholm hotel - I've still not got a ticket because I'm holding out for a standing one, so it'll be a last minute thing more than anything else!

Happy weekend :D

Jen, I never knew you were looking too!! I just got my friend Chris a standing ticket (hence the spare bed being reserved), I had three offers of standing tix for Stockholm in the last week :(
    I shall keep my ears open for you!
    One of the guys who offered me his spare I don't think has offered it to anyone else, he posted on my comment in the tour fb group.
  • freaks
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    freaks
    Takes one to know one!
  • dottles wrote:
    freaks
    Takes one to know one!
    :D
  • I've got airfare to/from Chicago booked and all hotels for Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen done....

Any updates on the train from Berlin to Malmo; then on to Stockholm? I'm going to probably book my smaller Inbetween country flights today....but I think we have to wait until its within 6 months to book train fare? Is that right?

Ohhhh I'm so excited! :)
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • dottles wrote:
    freaks
    Takes one to know one!

:lol:
    Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    dottles wrote:
    freaks
    Takes one to know one!
    :D

You know I luffs you really Dimitris! :D
    I've got airfare to/from Chicago booked and all hotels for Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen done....

Any updates on the train from Berlin to Malmo; then on to Stockholm? I'm going to probably book my smaller Inbetween country flights today....but I think we have to wait until its within 6 months to book train fare? Is that right?

It's time to kick out the sqweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    dottles wrote:
    I've got airfare to/from Chicago booked and all hotels for Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen done....

It's time to kick out the sqweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

D'you mind, those kind of frequencies are likely to set the tinnitus off! :D:lol::D

92 days in advance is when we can book the trains (according to bahn.de). I've just been on another part of tinternet and I think this is probably what we're looking for...

Berlin Hbf Fr, 06.07.12 dep 00:32 CNL40456 City Night Line
    Sleeper and couchette train, Subject to compulsory reservation, snacks and beverages available from sleeping-car/couchette-car attenda, City Night Line
    Koebenhavn H Fr, 06.07.12 arr 10:07
    Transfer time 45 min.
    Koebenhavn H Fr, 06.07.12 dep 10:52 R 1040 Oeresundzug
    space for wheelchairs, Oeresundzug
    Malmö Central Fr, 06.07.12 arr 11:26
    Transfer time 47 min.
    Malmö Central Fr, 06.07.12 dep 12:13 X2 536 X2000
    Subject to compulsory reservation, Bordrestaurant, space for wheelchairs
    Stockholm Central Fr, 06.07.12 arr 16:50

I had a look at the prices for 23 March, as it's the same day of the week we'd be travelling, and that indicates we'd be looking around 99euro for 1st class travel in what they call a couchette car.

http://www.citynightline.de/citynightli ... t_en.shtml

Seemingly the price is the same if you request standard too...
  • thanks Ian!!
    I call a bottom bunk!!

:lol:

92 days....so, we can book starting early April. Loads of time to think about details.

Leanne I think that's the one I looked at too. It seems to be mucosa expensive?

I'll do whatever you freaks do :)
    Makes much more sense...

dottles wrote:

Oddly I can't find any reliable info for that... other than the timetable which seems to suggest 5 changes and 12 hours 49 mins journeytime... and it links to an Austrian site to try and buy tickets... bizarre!
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    ilockyer wrote:

D'you mind, those kind of frequencies are likely to set the tinnitus off! :D:lol::D

92 days in advance is when we can book the trains (according to bahn.de). I've just been on another part of tinternet and I think this is probably what we're looking for...

Berlin Hbf Fr, 06.07.12 dep 00:32 CNL40456 City Night Line
    Sleeper and couchette train, Subject to compulsory reservation, snacks and beverages available from sleeping-car/couchette-car attenda, City Night Line
    Koebenhavn H Fr, 06.07.12 arr 10:07
    Transfer time 45 min.
    Koebenhavn H Fr, 06.07.12 dep 10:52 R 1040 Oeresundzug
    space for wheelchairs, Oeresundzug
    Malmö Central Fr, 06.07.12 arr 11:26
    Transfer time 47 min.
    Malmö Central Fr, 06.07.12 dep 12:13 X2 536 X2000
    Subject to compulsory reservation, Bordrestaurant, space for wheelchairs
    Stockholm Central Fr, 06.07.12 arr 16:50

I had a look at the prices for 23 March, as it's the same day of the week we'd be travelling, and that indicates we'd be looking around 99euro for 1st class travel in what they call a couchette car.

http://www.citynightline.de/citynightli ... t_en.shtml

Seemingly the price is the same if you request standard too...

Ian, do you really want to leave on that Friday morning, uhm, almost still Thursday night at 00.32?? If yes, you wouldn't need that Hostel room for that night (Thu->Fri)
    I think I am going to book either the All Seasons or the new Mercure in Berlin, both are near Alexanderplatz.
    71step28 wrote:
    Ian, do you really want to leave on that Friday morning, uhm, almost still Thursday night at 00.32?? If yes, you wouldn't need that Hostel room for that night (Thu->Fri)

Yvi, the overnight train thing is just one idea we're kicking around, as it'd be a bit more fun than sitting on a plane for 90 minues, but leaving at that time would probably ensure we'd all be tired enough to get some shuteye before daylight and a chance to see something of Sweden as we travel through it.

Flight would make more sense... but when has common sense entered into it?
  • ilockyer wrote:
    71step28 wrote:

Yvi, the overnight train thing is just one idea we're kicking around, as it'd be a bit more fun than sitting on a plane for 90 minues, but leaving at that time would probably ensure we'd all be tired enough to get some shuteye before daylight and a chance to see something of Sweden as we travel through it.

Flight would make more sense... but when has common sense entered into it?

Is the overnight train direct? I.E. will we be able to sleep on it without having to make changes?