euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• And so the job hunt continues....

I wonder if PJ HQ have any jobs I can do from home... :idea: :?: :!:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    And so the job hunt continues....

Fight ya for it! :D:lol:
    What sorta thing are you erring towards?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269

If the amount of bitching on this forum is anything to go by, I'm sure they could send you some emails to answer!

Good luck with the applications!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • dottles wrote:

Fight ya for it! :D:lol:
    What sorta thing are you erring towards?

ANYTHING!!! :lol: I've applied for 5 tonight... Scary times... :?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• ilockyer wrote:

If the amount of bitching on this forum is anything to go by, I'm sure they could send you some emails to answer!

Well, looks like you hit the nail on the head... I'd be great at dealing with complaints... it's win-win! :mrgreen:

• That would really be a great job! I'm job hunting too right now and it's terrible here...... Either you get out of college and become instantly a consultant on a multinational company or your career is ruined forever (speaking as an Electrotechnical and Computer Engineer)... It's driving me nuts!
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
    ilockyer wrote:

Well, looks like you hit the nail on the head... I'd be great at dealing with complaints... it's win-win! :mrgreen:

Dealing with complaints is fun, it's amazing just how mental the general public can be! Not so good when you get them on the phone in tears though, as happened twice today with me :cry: :evil: Shouting, effing and blinding I can cope with, tears I cannot.

It looks as though they've found something for me to do in the short term while they investigate their failings regarding our new computer system and it's lack of DDA compatibility. They also confirmed the redundancy terms if it doesn't work out...
  • ilockyer wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

Dealing with complaints is fun, it's amazing just how mental the general public can be! Not so good when you get them on the phone in tears though, as happened twice today with me :cry: :evil: Shouting, effing and blinding I can cope with, tears I cannot.

It looks as though they've found something for me to do in the short term while they investigate their failings regarding our new computer system and it's lack of DDA compatibility. They also confirmed the redundancy terms if it doesn't work out...

Ohhh noice. Is it as good as you said on the phone yesterday? :D

I've found a couple of jobs i'm quite excited about... I find it a bit mental that I'm considering taking on recruitment jobs :?

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Good luck with the job hunting you two. I'm desperate for the extra hours I'm doing to become permanent, everything is costing so damn much these days.

Oh bugger Ian I hate the 'R' word, hope it doesn't come to that.

I've found a couple of jobs i'm quite excited about... I find it a bit mental that I'm considering taking on recruitment jobs :?

It *could* be a little better, the manager of our department is giving the project managers absolute hell over their incompetence on this. They're taking a one solution fits all approach which doesn't work for 4 of us... he's getting some disability charities in to assess the system, possible solutions etc but he thinks the same as I do, that there is no solution. Which would mean either redeployment into another role but retaining my pay grade or me seeking another job!
    Claireack wrote:
    Good luck with the job hunting you two. I'm desperate for the extra hours I'm doing to become permanent, everything is costing so damn much these days.

Me too, while the instant cash gratification would be nice, I do actually enjoy my job because the people I work with are (mostly) awesome. I managed to dodge it when I worked for Lloyds, confirmed a new job a week before they made our whole department redundant (though I still kept staff terms on my account 8-) ) so it'll happen one day somewhere I'm sure.
  • ilockyer wrote:

It *could* be a little better, the manager of our department is giving the project managers absolute hell over their incompetence on this. They're taking a one solution fits all approach which doesn't work for 4 of us... he's getting some disability charities in to assess the system, possible solutions etc but he thinks the same as I do, that there is no solution. Which would mean either redeployment into another role but retaining my pay grade or me seeking another job!
    Claireack wrote:

Me too, while the instant cash gratification would be nice, I do actually enjoy my job because the people I work with are (mostly) awesome. I managed to dodge it when I worked for Lloyds, confirmed a new job a week before they made our whole department redundant (though I still kept staff terms on my account 8-) ) so it'll happen one day somewhere I'm sure.

Instant cash gratification ain't all that. I took voluntary redundancy and my work aren't exactly being helpful... But hey, I'll find summat :)

Instant cash gratification ain't all that. I took voluntary redundancy and my work aren't exactly being helpful... But hey, I'll find summat :)

Of course you will! And it'll be more rewarding than where you are now with any luck :)
    ...and I am here to help :)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • ilockyer wrote:

Of course you will! And it'll be more rewarding than where you are now with any luck :)

Meh, hopefully... my ideal is a job for more money than I'm on now, good 9-5 hours, in Birmingham and people I can work with on a professional level where i'm trusted and challenged... And pigs might fly :(
    dottles wrote:

You are :D I have Little Dave on speed dial... but I think he's getting sick of me... so you're my next choice... :twisted:

• You are :D I have Little Dave on speed dial... but I think he's getting sick of me... so you're my next choice... :twisted:

Never :D
    Meh, hopefully... my ideal is a job for more money than I'm on now, good 9-5 hours, in Birmingham and people I can work with on a professional level where i'm trusted and challenged... And pigs might fly :(

It's a matter of time... even if you don't find it immediately you can always get something as a stop gap and continue to look.
  • You are :D I have Little Dave on speed dial... but I think he's getting sick of me... so you're my next choice... :twisted:

Never :D

Careful, I may interpret that as a challenge ;)
    ilockyer wrote:

It's a matter of time... even if you don't find it immediately you can always get something as a stop gap and continue to look.
    Well that's the idea mate but hopefully something will fall in my lap soon and I can start just before or after the wedding :)

I'll reply to your email tomorrow by the way. It was a bit of a missionand I have all that info to look at so I'll have to gear myself up for it :p

I'll reply to your email tomorrow by the way. It was a bit of a missionand I have all that info to look at so I'll have to gear myself up for it :p

Nae bother! Hopefully the info made sense, and you can get yourself a few quid back from the greedy bankers! :D
    Well the offer is always there, and I am alright at formal stuff...
    Little Dave on speed dial! He never wants to speak to me lol
    So glad it's Friday! Looking forward to a lie-in tomorrow, first in 2 weeks :D

It's cold here this morning. I guess summer is well and truly gone for another year :(
  • ilockyer wrote:

It's cold here this morning. I guess summer is well and truly gone for another year :(

It's cold here too but i'm looking forward to the Winter :D

Soooooooooo glad it's Friday :mrgreen:

ilockyer wrote:

It's cold here too but i'm looking forward to the Winter :D

Soooooooooo glad it's Friday :mrgreen:

You have a lot to look forward to in winter. Wedding etc and of course DBT homecoming in winter 2013.

I don't mind the cold provided I am somewhere warm. Our house is anything but warm.Snow days are good and the wet office think it will snow next month!

Anyway, I best get on phone as I am the only one 'til 9 and we have calls queuing!
  • AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    Hello everyone! Sunny day today after four days of clouds! :D
    I am mine!
  • Good morning everyone!!! Still pretty hot and sunny here... And above all... FRIDAY!!!! :D
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • AELARA wrote:
    Hello everyone! Sunny day today after four days of clouds! :D
    Good morning everyone!!! Still pretty hot and sunny here... And above all... FRIDAY!!!! :D
    Hello to Greece and hello to other side of our land,Portugal :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    ayeeeeeee hows it goin :D
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Pke wrote:
    hi buddy :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    :sick: no more weeknight drinking! How are you dude? :|
    Pke wrote:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dottles wrote:

You are :D I have Little Dave on speed dial... but I think he's getting sick of me... so you're my next choice... :twisted:

I've reviewed a few CVs in my time so am happy to help if needed
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:
    dottles wrote:

I've reviewed a few CVs in my time so am happy to help if needed
    Thanks lovely :D

I had a phone call this morning fro a great job I really would've liked to do but turns out I needed a driving licence... back to the drawing board :(

I have 6 to apply for this afternoon :D