Options

euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Good evening everyone!!!

Hey Sian, I wish you the best luck! I went on an application rampage like that last week and so far, not even a phone call -.-

Thanks! I'm finishing my current job on 25th October so I need to find a job quickly... I've had about 3 phone calls/interview offers in the last 2 days but one thing or another has stopped it from happening...

I'm staying positive though, hopefully something will come through soon :thumbup:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,265
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Gawddamn I miss you lot so much ... (yes one bottle of cider down ;):lol: )

That means you have more cider, so you're doing better than me. I am on the last one, and Morriscums didn't have any Thatchers left when I went earlier.

We all miss you too!

Cornwall Food and Drink festival this weekend, so popped in the marquee on the way to M&S for my dinner, and picked up three bottles for a fiver.
    http://www.cornishorchards.co.uk/products.php?cID=1

Bargain! I bought some of their stuff at a farmers market up here back along, wasn't bad for cider made outside of the home county! Can't beat Wilkins' Dry... might have to drop into The Apple when I'm in Bristol on Tuesday for a couple before the Revival Tour gig!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I got asked about Christmas and New Year leave today...how the feck do I know what I will be doing in three months time.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Good evening everyone!!!

Hey Sian, I wish you the best luck! I went on an application rampage like that last week and so far, not even a phone call -.-

Thanks! I'm finishing my current job on 25th October so I need to find a job quickly... I've had about 3 phone calls/interview offers in the last 2 days but one thing or another has stopped it from happening...

I'm staying positive though, hopefully something will come through soon :thumbup:

If you're getting phone calls that's a very positive thing.

Damn, this album (Horrible Crowes) is feckin' awesome...
  • Options
    Good evening everyone!!!

AH! That's a good sign! If in only 2 days you had so much feedback I'm sure that something WILL come through before your "deadline"!! :D
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • Options
    Anyone know of any good ipod speaker docks?
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    I got asked about Christmas and New Year leave today...how the feck do I know what I will be doing in three months time.

Just ask for all of the time between off, can always cancel it!
  • Options

in what price range?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options

Some of the ones Richer Sounds do are meant to be good, and quite well priced too:

http://www.richersounds.com/products/hi ... ccessories
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

in what price range?

Dunno just a semi decent one
  • Options
    Also thinking of getting an amplifier and some speakers to plug my tv/blu ray into but i only have space for 2 speakers so there is no point in getting a complete system
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    dottles wrote:

I've had to book mine already :roll:
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Me too... By law, the entire year has to be decided before April... :roll:
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Me too... By law, the entire year has to be decided before April... :roll:

By law????????
  • Options
    Also thinking of getting an amplifier and some speakers to plug my tv/blu ray into but i only have space for 2 speakers so there is no point in getting a complete system

5.1 is over-rated IMO. Something like this would be good:

Wharfedale Diamond 9.0 speakers £60 (I have the Diamond 8.1's in my hifi and they're excellent).

http://www.richersounds.com/product/boo ... ar-9.0-blk

Sony STRDH520 Receiver (£180)

Does Dolby Digital and DTS sound, plentiful inputs... you won't get a decent receiver for much less.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av- ... ifications

Or you can use a bog standard hifi amplifier and forgo DTS/DD sound...

Cambridge Audio ID10 Ipod Dock at £20.00

http://www.richersounds.com/product/ipo ... -ipod-dock

You could save money, particularly on the receiver/amplifier, by going down the second hand market.
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:
    dottles wrote:

I have 8 days holiday left between December and March plus flexi leave.
    We weren't allowed to book ours, then they took the ban off whilst I was away, so it looks like I actually don't have much choice as everyone is suddenly going away or having huge family parties for which they need time off for! ;):lol::lol:

You never know, people might decide they want to visit me, it's happened before ...
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

Wharfedale Diamond 9.0 speakers £60 (I have the Diamond 8.1's in my hifi and they're excellent).

Does Dolby Digital and DTS sound, plentiful inputs... you won't get a decent receiver for much less.

You could save money, particularly on the receiver/amplifier, by going down the second hand market.

forgive my ignorance but how would I connect my blu ray to this? red/white audio thingies? Same question for my ipod
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    dottles wrote:

I have 8 days holiday left between December and March plus flexi leave.
    We weren't allowed to book ours, then they took the ban off whilst I was away, so it looks like I actually don't have much choice as everyone is suddenly going away or having huge family parties for which they need time off for! ;):lol::lol:

You never know, people might decide they want to visit me, it's happened before ...

I KNEW there was somkething I was supposed to do!!!

*scurries off to facebook to do NYE things*
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    dottles wrote:

in what price range?

Dunno just a semi decent one

My friends have various ones, Bose, Klipsch, Bower & Wilkins, the Bose one always sounds good. I nearly bought the Klipsch one.
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

forgive my ignorance but how would I connect my blu ray to this? red/white audio thingies? Same question for my ipod

Yep, standard interconnects for the blu-ray, and a 3.5mm to phono adaptor for the iPod dock.

If you decided you wanted to do this, I'd be more than happy to take a trip to the northern wastelands and help you out with setup etc.
    dottles wrote:
    My friends have various ones, Bose, Klipsch, Bower & Wilkins, the Bose one always sounds good. I nearly bought the Klipsch one.

B & W and Klipsch are the best of those. If you're still considering it, just do it!
  • Options
    This means nothing to meeeeeeeee......

Ohhhhhh Vienna!!!

• Options

Ohhhhhh Vienna!!!

Ugh... 80's horrors...
  • Options

Ohhhhhh Vienna!!!
    is that on the wedding playlist :lol::lol:
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

Yep, standard interconnects for the blu-ray, and a 3.5mm to phono adaptor for the iPod dock.

If you decided you wanted to do this, I'd be more than happy to take a trip to the northern wastelands and help you out with setup etc.

I think this is something I need to do. Nearest Richer Sounds is in Liverpool, I don't drive so I don't fancy carrying all that on the train. Might just have to order online. You're confident this is worth the money?
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

I think this is something I need to do. Nearest Richer Sounds is in Liverpool, I don't drive so I don't fancy carrying all that on the train. Might just have to order online. You're confident this is worth the money?

If I were you, I'd phone Richers, see if they've got a demo room, and if so ask if you can do a demonstration of the kit, find out if it's going to do what you want. They are very good about letting people demo kit. I wouldn't buy anything like that without trying first.
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

If I were you, I'd phone Richers, see if they've got a demo room, and if so ask if you can do a demonstration of the kit, find out if it's going to do what you want. They are very good about letting people demo kit. I wouldn't buy anything like that without trying first.

MIght pop in tomorrow...
  • Options
    MIght pop in tomorrow...

It's worth it. Different combinations of kit can produce very different sounding results. What sounds good to one person can be unlistenable to another. I did the seperates thing completely the wrong way, just bought random bits that, based upon reviews, should work together and have been very lucky that they sound great. I'm one for upgrading electronics and I haven't thought about a hifi upgrade, largely because the next upgrade would cost about the same as a 2 week European PJ tour :o :shock:
  • Options
    PkePke Ayrshire ,Scotland Posts: 846
    Watchin heat on tv great film
    Susan crashed and burnt on couch
    Beer in hand and off work tomorrow although am headin fur aberdeen
    All good
    Dave listen to the wise man ian i got my hifi seperates years ago an 1 crap bit of the setup can make the rest of the good bits sound rubish
    Best to go to hifi shop with budget in mind an a rough idea of what you want then ask them to connect together an let you hear what it sounds like then you might end up changing one bit to something different than you originally thought
    Better to be happy with what you got before you spend rather than wishing you got something different after your home
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Options
    Pke wrote:
    Watchin heat on tv great film
    Susan crashed and burnt on couch
    Beer in hand and off work tomorrow although am headin fur aberdeen
    All good
    Dave listen to the wise man ian i got my hifi seperates years ago an 1 crap bit of the setup can make the rest of the good bits sound rubish
    Best to go to hifi shop with budget in mind an a rough idea of what you want then ask them to connect together an let you hear what it sounds like then you might end up changing one bit to something different than you originally thought
    Better to be happy with what you got before you spend rather than wishing you got something different after your home

Heat is an awesome film, I haven't seen that in years.

Definitely agree regarding the being happy before buying, having seen a friend spend thousands on hifi kit over the last few years in an attempt to get the perfect match. He did achieve it in the end, but has probably spent upwards of £30K in the process. That said, he doesn't drink or take off around the world to see rock bands!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,520
    morning peeps..have a good day :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”