Options

euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Morning all :wave:

Have y'all seen the 90 second taster for Lou Reed & Metallica??? It's terrible... Like an old man in a working men's club doing Metallica karaoke :?

I also watched PJ cover It Happened Today... Sad... Sian is Sad :cry:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,265
    Morning all :wave:

Have y'all seen the 90 second taster for Lou Reed & Metallica??? It's terrible... Like an old man in a working men's club doing Metallica karaoke :?

I also watched PJ cover It Happened Today... Sad... Sian is Sad :cry:

Lou Reed should have done this ten years ago, sadly he just cannot cut it any more. The Raven was a great, if slightly bizarre, record but it's time to go gracefully. Otherwise he'll end up like Iggy Pop, selling insurance and miming live.

The It Happened Today cover is awesome. Really like it. But yeah, the loss of REM is sad. The only positive is it now means DBT have to step up and assume the mantle of number one band representing Athens, GA. I think they're up to it. Cooley could do it in his sleep.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    Good morning everyone! Have a great Saturday :D
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hello my lovely euro peeps - been neglecting you lately...

Aaaahhhhhhhh Lou Reed... love him. Seen him so many times at his height (though some gigs were quite weird/rubbish as he was so high). But, alas, yes... one needs to quit while still ahead (even if barely...).
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

Aaaahhhhhhhh Lou Reed... love him. Seen him so many times at his height (though some gigs were quite weird/rubbish as he was so high). But, alas, yes... one needs to quit while still ahead (even if barely...).

Weird is better than normal any time! At least that makes it memorable!

Just looked at last nights setlist from Edmonton, not only do they get one of the best posters of the tour, but that setlist was immense. I can see me buying the whole Canada tour when the bootlegs come out.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,520
    redrock wrote:

hi there.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    redrock wrote:

Hello Rita,
    I hope things are better at home and that you had a fab anniversary, G's cake looked yummy!

I have pizza in the oven, jamesons in my coffee, fire on, curtains closed....
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    I have pizza in the oven, jamesons in my coffee, fire on, curtains closed....

Sounds like winter has reached Cornwall...

Trying to convince myself that I should be going out because it's Saturday night, though Exeter was like a warzone when I came through on my way home. Never venture over the rise in that direction unless you have to! Did see a couple of cute WPC's on the way back so it wasn't all bad! :D
  • Options
    There is a surfing film festival down here at the minute - schwiiiing! :lol:

I however have eaten to much and feel sick :sick:

Gonna try to add the film soundtrack to my ipod tomorrow...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    There is a surfing film festival down here at the minute - schwiiiing! :lol:

I however have eaten to much and feel sick :sick:

Gonna try to add the film soundtrack to my ipod tomorrow...

Surely you should be out enjoying what's out there to be seen then, not at home having stuffed yourself too full of pizza? :D

Good luck with the iPod... hope the computer doesn't melt down! I have added Pearl Jam back to mine now. It's the only way I can listen to the soundtrack for the moment :twisted: :evil: :cry:
  • Options
    :lol::lol: The film festival is Newquay - avoid at all costs even if filled with scwiiing boys! It has just caused there to be a general influx to the area.

I finally opened Kerrang today, two page article on Pearl Jam took me by surprise, it's on the film, nothing new but nice to see. They are having a 'grunge' poster special next week including Nirvana, AiC, Soundgarden etc - it took me back to 1992 :lol::lol:

Not ventured near the music laptop yet, will have to later. I have however emptied the last of the stuff in my case/rucksack and put them away :( (mind you my new 'backpack' should be here soon, maybe the first outing for that should be the next Euro tour)
  • Options
    hi guys..having a good Sunday :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Hey :D Could be a better Sunday with Alonso winning singapore GP, but it's not bad ;) How are you doing?
  • Options

Hey :D Could be a better Sunday with Alonso winning singapore GP, but it's not bad ;) How are you doing?
    hehe..i just watch it..
    im good,,buzy one..all day out ..
    now cool,babysit my nephew..put him pj youtube videos :)
    how is things at other side of Europe? :)
  • Options
    Ahaha All good around here, just re-watching saw 2 with my bro... Nice work on you nephew, my brother's 11 years younger than me and it worked with him :D He was one of the few 19 yo at PJ20 screening ;)
  • Options
    Ahaha All good around here, just re-watching saw 2 with my bro... Nice work on you nephew, my brother's 11 years younger than me and it worked with him :D He was one of the few 19 yo at PJ20 screening ;)
    i preparing my nephew... :D
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... =1&theater
  • Options
    Hello! Hope everyone has had an awesome day? Home win for Exeter against Wasps, so much for not drinking on a school night! Tired and happy...

Can't believe it is Monday tomorrow :-(
  • Options
    gawddamn I wish I was in Vancouver.
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Hello, very tired today I think the weekends should be 3 days long :-(
  • Options
    i preparing my nephew... :D
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... =1&theater

hehehe I bet he'll carry it himself soon enough :D
    Claireack wrote:

Couldn't agree more!!!
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:

I always felt the five day weekend, two day working week scenario was the best option...
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    gawddamn I wish I was in Vancouver.

It's OK, it'll be a greatest hits setlist and they'll phone it in because they're tired from such a long and exhausting tour! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Greetings Euro peeps!

We've done loads for the wedding today... did the table plan, photo list and everything... then we had a phone call saying two people can't make it :roll: Back to the drawing board...

Back to work and the job search tomorrow :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    Greetings Euro peeps!

We've done loads for the wedding today... did the table plan, photo list and everything... then we had a phone call saying two people can't make it :roll: Back to the drawing board...

One table has two people less, simples?

Glad to hear all is coming along nicely! Photo list? :shock:

Good weekend had by me, hoping to plan a trip to the North West for late October :D Should know in the next day or two!
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:
    Greetings Euro peeps!

One table has two people less, simples?

Glad to hear all is coming along nicely! Photo list? :shock:

Good weekend had by me, hoping to plan a trip to the North West for late October :D Should know in the next day or two!

Well no... not really... the tables are balanced in a certain way see, we've tried to avoid sitting guests with people they don't know and noww we have a table of 9 has gone to a table of 7 and we can't have that... Plus we have to shuffle around the photos :(

Yes, photo list... You're on it so make yourself pretty innit! :twisted:

• Options

Not enough time now! :D
  • Options
    Greetings Euro peeps!

You will seat me with nice people wont you :D:D
    Two people can't make it, do they not realise what event this is?

Photo list is family peep - yes?? :?
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

Good point... Just put a bag over your head... easier innit? ;):lol:

• Options
    ilockyer wrote:

Good point... Just put a bag over your head... easier innit? ;):lol:

I'll just stay at the bar... that's even easier! :D
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Greetings Euro peeps!

You will seat me with nice people wont you :D:D
    Two people can't make it, do they not realise what event this is?

Photo list is family peep - yes?? :?

You're sat with Dave, Phil, Ian, Yvi, Dimi, Jenny and Emmi on Memphis, TN.

The two who can't make it cannot be helped. They're gutted and have tried everything but it's work commitments. Although we're gutted, we understand.

The photo list is everyone... and yes, you're on it :twisted: