• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    :wave:

Work today, off Friday! Yay! :mrgreen:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    redrock wrote:
    :wave:

Work today, off Friday! Yay! :mrgreen:
    nice :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Morning everyone! It feels like it should be a Friday today, but I'm blaming that on the lack of sleep! Will be fine once I wake up properly! :D

Anyone got any plans for the weekend?
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    ilockyer wrote:
    i saw keep on rockin alot of times so far..i would love fuckin up to listen to the next shows..
    and FREE BIRD :D

Fuckin' Up closed my first ever show (Dublin '06), it was a good way to end (even if they had more on the setlist)

That was my first show too.

That was my 3rd. How come you guys didn't come to the drinks in the pub before the gig???
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

Fuckin' Up closed my first ever show (Dublin '06), it was a good way to end (even if they had more on the setlist)

That was my 3rd. How come you guys didn't come to the drinks in the pub before the gig???

Dunno. It was 5 years ago I can't remember :lol:
  • ilockyer wrote:
    Morning everyone! It feels like it should be a Friday today, but I'm blaming that on the lack of sleep! Will be fine once I wake up properly! :D

Finishing off my first aid training and then I need to get cracking on learning some Kiswahili
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    ilockyer wrote:

I'm driving around Ireland 8-)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    chime wrote:

Didn't even know about this place then! It was, believe it or not, the NME which alerted me to the fact there was a tour, and Dublin was booked in case I couldn't get Reading tickets... sensibly I went to both! I thought I was going to struggle to get to the show on time (held up in the Storehouse, what can you do? There was a group of Japanese tourists and a few didn't use their drinks vouchers so I had them), unfortunately made it in time for Paddy Casey to still be on! I don't dislike the guy, but was totally the wrong support for that night.
  • ilockyer wrote:
    chime wrote:

Didn't even know about this place then! It was, believe it or not, the NME which alerted me to the fact there was a tour, and Dublin was booked in case I couldn't get Reading tickets... sensibly I went to both! I thought I was going to struggle to get to the show on time (held up in the Storehouse, what can you do? There was a group of Japanese tourists and a few didn't use their drinks vouchers so I had them), unfortunately made it in time for Paddy Casey to still be on! I don't dislike the guy, but was totally the wrong support for that night.

I've never seen a crowd so hostile to a support act before. He was pretty dire but at least he had a sense of humor about it.
    ilockyer wrote:

I've never seen a crowd so hostile to a support act before. He was pretty dire but at least he had a sense of humor about it.

I can only think of two bands that got more grief than that, the bottling of My Chemical Romance at Reading in 2006, and Funeral For A Friend got a deserved pelting when they opened for Maiden at pretty much every show on the Dance Of Death tour. IIRC they lasted 4 songs at Earls Court. It was 3 too many!

Daphne & Celeste getting bottled at Leeds in 2000 doesn't count, they were asking for it!
  • ilockyer wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

I can only think of two bands that got more grief than that, the bottling of My Chemical Romance at Reading in 2006, and Funeral For A Friend got a deserved pelting when they opened for Maiden at pretty much every show on the Dance Of Death tour. IIRC they lasted 4 songs at Earls Court. It was 3 too many!

Daphne & Celeste getting bottled at Leeds in 2000 doesn't count, they were asking for it!

I would say My Chemical Romance and Funeral for a Friend were asking for it too :lol:
    ilockyer wrote:

I would say My Chemical Romance and Funeral for a Friend were asking for it too :lol:

And I still can't work out why Limp Jizzkit weren't bottled at Leeds in 2000...
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Good evening folks, hope everyone is well. Had a couple of listens to the EV album but so far it's a little too much uke for my taste! I thought I could handle it but it's going to have to grow on me. Some nice songs but collectively I find it a bit tiresome. Everyone getting on ok with their PJ20 travel plans? Kind of sad I'm not going but still hoping for some Euro fun next year. (EV spring/PJ summer) 8-) Nice to see the thread still going!! Be good!! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    hello hello
    Friday at long last! Roll on 4pm and the WEEKEND!!!!
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    ilockyer wrote:
    Friday at long last! Roll on 4pm and the WEEKEND!!!!
    Hurrah to that!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    hi leanne :)
    Hey my lovely,
    How are you?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:
    Hey my lovely,
    How are you?
    cool,left early from work,need to pass from hospital take the results of some test..sunny all day an dsudenly start to rain :?
    Hope the test results are good!
    It's a beautiful day here, all I can hear are the birds in the fields//woodland behind the office and the bunnies are out playing on the grass. Roll on 4pm so I can leave the office, though I have no plans for the weekend.
    nice!!! :)
    Oh my EV DVD arrived yesterday so I can watch that at somepoint over the weekend :)
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    dottles wrote:
    Oh my EV DVD arrived yesterday so I can watch that at somepoint over the weekend :)
    be prepared to watch it more than once, it happens naturally :D:lol:

Hello all! nice weekend ahead over here, wonderful warm (not too warm) weather and sunny all the time, only on Sunday late afternoon/evening some rain and thunder - which will be good after all this hot temperatures in the past and upcomming days :) Just made an appointment for Monday in the garage of my choice to geht a survey for my car, curious what it will cost that woman. Since the paint is damaged as well and not only bumps and dents it could become a completely new door instead of just fixing the old one... we'll see.

I miss you all!!!!!! believe me, I do xxx I'm so happy to see at least Leanne in two weeks from today on :D
  • Around 23 degrees today. My word it's hot.

I guess I should get used to it...
    morning..so hot today :)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    'morning lovelies....

Beautiful today. Might hit Kew or just a pub along the river around Richmond.... :mrgreen:
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    redrock wrote:
    'Might hit Kew or just a pub along the river around Richmond.... :mrgreen:

Sounds like a damn good idea! Our sun has gone now. But at least it isn't raining. :)
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    hello everybody, im off the chicago for the summer on monday, really excited,

on another note came across this video, thought it was really touching so i thought i would share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP7pdAn3 ... ded#at=653
    G, you gonna come to PJ20? Have fun over there...
    Loved that you tube vid, kinda gets you thinking.