euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Evening peeps,
    God I've had a hell of a day, I had the meeting from hell this afternoon :cry::cry:
    Anyway, hope you're all well. I have tomorrow off from work :mrgreen::mrgreen: awaiting our friends from the Netherlands :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited May 2011
    'morning all.

Leanne - at least you know today will be better than yesterday!
    Post edited by redrock on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    Hi guys. :wave:

Didn't have much time the last couple weeks (I was often away or at work), but less than 4 hours and I'm off for a quiet weekend. :D
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Hub. wrote:
    Hi guys. :wave:

Didn't have much time the last couple weeks (I was often away or at work), but less than 4 hours and I'm off for a quiet weekend. :D

Still haven't managed to listen to all of your bands recording. Hope others were more help than me :)
    so any of you doing alpine weekend or canada? :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Wish I could Dimi but financially and logistically, it's not possible.

Anybody know Scottish Gaelic here? Need a couple of sentences translated.
  • this guy! def going to be applying for pj-fest tickets and depending on the canada dates id like to get to a toronto show but shit, i wanna trip it over to a vancouver show! got to find out a way to trick, i mean convince, the bank to give me a massive loan to cover all of this :lol:
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • i mean that im going not that i know scottish gaelic. try googletranslate, its usually pretty good

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
    Your enthusiastic response could have only been for PJ 20! Google translate (or any other translation thingy) doesn't really work for such a dialect.

I'm sure that some of our scotsmen here will be able to help! :mrgreen:
  • redrock wrote:
    Your enthusiastic response could have only been for PJ 20! Google translate (or any other translation thingy) doesn't really work for such a dialect.

oh ok sorry! hope someone can help you out

• 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    I'm sure at least Paul (PKE) and/or Gary (Veddertown) can help with this :)
    redrock wrote:

:lol::lol: thoise crazy scotish!!!!
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    redrock wrote:
    Wish I could Dimi but financially and logistically, it's not possible.

Anybody know Scottish Gaelic here? Need a couple of sentences translated.
    If you PM me the sentences Rita I have a friend at work who studies Scots language and could maybe be of some help? Gaelic is very much a West coast thing and not many people outside that area use it. Oh and hi everyone!! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    Thank you!!! Sending PM. Hopefully it IS scottish gaelic - that's what my daughter said! :mrgreen:

Personally, it looks like Irish to me as do recognise a couple of words..... But then again, a gaelic language is similar to another? Let me know what you think.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Scottish and Irish are very similar, I'm sure they'll look the exact same.

I'm not going to PJ20 or Canada. Just don't have the money and I don't want to take on the hassle at the moment. I'd love to wander around Canada at some stage though :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    Not a very interesting cup final so far....

Blackpool - Bolton game looked amazing, Match of the day tonight :D
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Well, very hectic last few days. Went to see the North Mississippi Allstars Duo at Dingwalls in Camden on Wednesday night, very last minute decision made as I'd already booked early flights the Thursday morning to go to Dublin for Rush, great show from the Allstars, sadly missed the last half an hour due to having to get back to Devon, but the 90 minutes I saw was more than worth the money.

Rush were amazing, Dublin was great fun as always, finally made it to the Jameson distillery too. And ate far too much and drank not quite enough :D

Did I hear some twit about a tour or something? Will wait to see the Canada dates, would love to go but know it's going to be a lot of money... hmmm.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    Morining,
    Had a great weekend with my Dutch visitors :D
    What have you lot been up to?
    I am considering PJ20, but really only if I could do a couple of Canadian shows too. I kinda want to wait until the announcement before booking anything.

Ian sounds like a fab few days...and you didn't drink enough despite going to the Jamesons distillery???
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:
    Morining,
    I am considering PJ20, but really only if I could do a couple of Canadian shows too. I kinda want to wait until the announcement before booking anything.

Ian sounds like a fab few days...and you didn't drink enough despite going to the Jamesons distillery???

Jameson Distillery was fun, but the Jameson is cheaper over here if you shop in the right places!

PJ20 at Alpine isn't on the radar at all, Canada may be. There's been that much hype about PJ20 I don't see how it can live up to it, remember the rule of the shows you don't big up always being the best one - see Belfast 2010 over Dublin!
    'morning all....

Before I put my 'Into the Wild' vinyl (not the original pressing) into the 'Bugs amongst the waves' garage sale, would any of my peeps here want it? You guys can have first dibs on it. I was saving it for possible trading but I never get around to these things anyway......

Also put this on the Dublin thread...
    hi peeps... :)
  • hi everyone!

one more day until we find out whats for Christmas! :lol:

thanks rr, my girlfriend and i each have one so im good.

ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    Morining,

Jameson Distillery was fun, but the Jameson is cheaper over here if you shop in the right places!

PJ20 at Alpine isn't on the radar at all, Canada may be. There's been that much hype about PJ20 I don't see how it can live up to it, remember the rule of the shows you don't big up always being the best one - see Belfast 2010 over Dublin!

I've never been to the States or Canada, so am thinking it might be cool to go to both...I don't know.
    There is all the travel etc to sort, though Lynelle said I might be able to us amtrak (sp?)
    It has to be within a budget though, I saw return flights to Chicago from Bristol via Amsterdam for £450...
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Use

www.kayak.com or www.skyscanner.net

There is a return from London for £410 if you are flexible with dates.
    Yeah I use skyscanner Ed, and to be honest it could cost me the difference to get to London...
    I do live 5/6 hours from London and about 3 hours from Bristol.
    I am tied with dates because of work, I can really only take 10 (working) days out of the office and I'd need to be back in the office by the 15th September ideally.
    Brisk. wrote:
    Use

http://www.kayak.com or http://www.skyscanner.net

Good find.

I guess we'll all know what's what about 5pm tomorrow or Tuesday. Be interesting to see what the ticket prices are like! :D

A show at the Gorge to end off the Canada tour would be good, given that it looks like they're heading west this time!
  • ilockyer wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    Use

http://www.kayak.com or http://www.skyscanner.net

Good find.

I guess we'll all know what's what about 5pm tomorrow or Tuesday. Be interesting to see what the ticket prices are like! :D

A show at the Gorge to end off the Canada tour would be good, given that it looks like they're heading west this time!

a show at the gorge is my dream! this would be great but hopefully they wouldnt leave it too late ... it gets COLD up there! just have to bring more wine i guess haha

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    dottles wrote:
    Yeah I use skyscanner Ed, and to be honest it could cost me the difference to get to London...
    I do live 5/6 hours from London and about 3 hours from Bristol.
    I am tied with dates because of work, I can really only take 10 (working) days out of the office and I'd need to be back in the office by the 15th September ideally.

Sky Scanner isn't that good for flights outside of Europe. Yeah, this is why I don't take ANY holidays off.