euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    dottles wrote:
    We're being restructured :cry::cry::cry:

Again!?
    Yep...

They are merging my department with another and have said whilst financial savings is not key they cannot guarantee there will not be job losses. Brilliant.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    We're being restructured :cry::cry::cry:

Again!?
    Yep...

They are merging my department with another and have said whilst financial savings is not key they cannot guarantee there will not be job losses. Brilliant.

Oh dear...

Did they give any sort of time frame for this?
    No, and kindly told us in the directorate newsletter.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:

That was good of them. Try and find out ASAP.

Does this change your travel plans?
    dottles wrote:

That was good of them. Try and find out ASAP.

Does this change your travel plans?

Yeah, I have asked for more info from the big boss, so will have to wait and see...
    I have no idea about travel plans tbh...
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Leanne, that sucks. Not just the restructuring, I guess that is inevitable everywhere within the public sector, but the way in which they're treating their staff. Guess that will have a huge impact on your travel plans...

Speaking of which, I have put in a leave request for 7-16 September inclusive, as it's only 8 working days, and will await the outcome. I was told it's not looking too favourable, but will know by the end of the week. If it's a no go, then so be it.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    ilockyer wrote:
    Leanne, that sucks. Not just the restructuring, I guess that is inevitable everywhere within the public sector, but the way in which they're treating their staff. Guess that will have a huge impact on your travel plans...

Speaking of which, I have put in a leave request for 7-16 September inclusive, as it's only 8 working days, and will await the outcome. I was told it's not looking too favourable, but will know by the end of the week. If it's a no go, then so be it.

TBH I understand they wanted to tell everyone in one go, and we are all based in different offices, so the intention is understandable. It just feels so meh! We shall see!!
    In the meantime, I am still going to look at going away, I will talk it over with my girlies over wine and pizza on Friday. I kind of figure that this is going to keep on happening, so I just have to grit my teeth and hope once again. Hopefully, as it is only in it's infancy as an idea, they will take a few months to sort it out...
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    That's a bummer Leanne. This kind of uncertainty is so stressful.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Heck, Leanne, not good news, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    3 times in 3 years now, though this is billed as integration of teams not formal restructure...

I will worry, I worry about everything! But I have lots to be getting on with :D
    dottles wrote:
    3 times in 3 years now, though this is billed as integration of teams not formal restructure...

I will worry, I worry about everything! But I have lots to be getting on with :D

Sounds like an excuse for them to lose a managers salary!

I have finally started listening to the Philly Box Set, only a year or so since they released it! 27/10 is sounding good so far... first PJ I've listened to in ages.
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Sounds like an excuse for them to lose a managers salary!

I have finally started listening to the Philly Box Set, only a year or so since they released it! 27/10 is sounding good so far... first PJ I've listened to in ages.

Well two teams merging will only need one manager I would think? Instead of the three we have, hmmmm
    You have listened to the vs re-release I take it??
    dottles wrote:
    You have listened to the vs re-release I take it??

I have, and the Vitalogy and the Live at the Orpheum!
    'morning...

I haven't listened to the re-releases yet... I haven't got them yet!
    redrock wrote:
    'morning...

But for amazon.com have stupidly cheap pre-order prices, that even with shipping were 50% cheaper than amazon uk, neither would I! Reissues should not work out to £10 per disc.
    ilockyer wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    'morning...

But for amazon.com have stupidly cheap pre-order prices, that even with shipping were 50% cheaper than amazon uk, neither would I! Reissues should not work out to £10 per disc.

...and I wouldn't have them if Ian hadn't gotten me a set during said amazon.com pre-order :D
    TBH I do really like these, I think they are better then the Ten remaster, I might be biased theough as I love Vs.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Hold On acoustic was really cool to listen to.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    morning freaks!!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Claireack wrote:
    Good morning :D
    smoutch Claire!!!!!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Ack! The manperson has been asking why I'm not going to Canada, the fecker :lol:

Anywho, back to reality. Are many of you heading down to London on the 26th/27th/28th August?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    I'm in London!!!! Do you think we should do a facebook invite for a meet up (for those not having the luxury of going to the US) as well as telling people on the euro and crew threads?
    redrock wrote:
    'morning...

Me either. I'm not really fussed either to be honest. Are they worth getting? Any noticable difference in quality?
    redrock wrote:
    'morning...

Me either. I'm not really fussed either to be honest. Are they worth getting? Any noticable difference in quality?

I can notice a difference and I don't notice anything like that normally...
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    redrock wrote:
    I'm in London!!!! Do you think we should do a facebook invite for a meet up (for those not having the luxury of going to the US) as well as telling people on the euro and crew threads?

Well you do have that advantage ;) I'll set up an event thingy, link it with the gig but have it a bit more localised to us :)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Well you do have that advantage ;) I'll set up an event thingy, link it with the gig but have it a bit more localised to us :)

I know I'm not quite central london, but if people want to make their way to Twickenham, I'm happy to organise a BBQ or something at my place....
    Jennytree wrote:
    Anywho, back to reality. Are many of you heading down to London on the 26th/27th/28th August?

Shame, I only fly into London 30th/31st August.

Mind you I'll probably be skint anyway.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Jennytree wrote:
    Ack!

Did you shout for me??
    Claireack wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    Ack!

Did you shout for me??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuy9kcC0G_M