Options

euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,265
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    Obviously any dates re PJ are outstanding :lol: or any other gigs for that matter! I need dates from peeps, god dammit :D

Who else are you hoping for tour dates from?

I have Levellers, Men They Couldn't Hang, DBT x 3, Social Distortion, Black Crowes x 2 (possibly 2 more if get leave for the Dam) and Carter USM booked. Glastonbury & Beautiful Days festivals and, as far as I'm concerned, that's it for the year barring any local stuff. Flogging Molly/Dropkick Murphys may see that change. Or Euro Pearl Jam dates. The festivals going to be a non starter.

Alright alright, rub that salt in a bit more!!
    I have the Levellers and the Foos :( I do have Avenue Q next week, and King Lear (with Jacobi as Lear!) in April. That's it, the sum total of my plans :cry::cry:
    They've started announcing Eden sessions, first one announced was Fleet Foxes and I don't fancy that. They usually get some peeps from Glastonbury playing warm ups so I shall see.
    I want to see Frank Turner, hmmm, I dunno...after seeing some live footage at Chris' I wouldn't mind seeing Against Me! Flogging Molly would be good. Anything else anybody ropes me into...
    My bro is going to Boardmasters and my mate who works for Virgin has special tickets for V Festival *cough* don't think I shall be going!

Go and see Louis Eliot in Falmouth on 2 March. You know it makes sense.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Where to in Fally? Pavilions?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Where to in Fally? Pavilions?

Scratch that, it's Penryn, Miss Peapod's, not on their website though. I am going to look into changing my day off so I might be able to go. Will get confirmation it's happening first though!
  • Options
    Aaah, ok, tis a cool little place :D:D but very very very tiny!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Black Crows Ian? Nice. Where they playing? Was listening to Live at the Greek today. Great album.
  • Options
    Black Crows Ian? Nice. Where they playing? Was listening to Live at the Greek today. Great album.

Manc Academy 11 July (electric set) and Shepherds Bush 12 & 13 July (acoustic & electric sets). Live At The Greek is an awesome record. More bands should be banned from playing their back catalogue! :D
  • Options
    Ian, Peapods is a trundle from my parents so if you wanna go then let me know and I can ask if you can have a bed there...you can ask the others what they are like :lol::lol:
    Tis not on peapod facebook site either tho...
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

Manc Academy 11 July (electric set) and Shepherds Bush 12 & 13 July (acoustic & electric sets). Live At The Greek is an awesome record. More bands should be banned from playing their back catalogue! :D

Wow sounds great.
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Ian, Peapods is a trundle from my parents so if you wanna go then let me know and I can ask if you can have a bed there...you can ask the others what they are like :lol::lol:
    Tis not on peapod facebook site either tho...

I noticed that also. I wonder if it was maybe planned and subsequently cancelled? Will find out tomorrow, if it has then that's a bummer. Am hoping somewhere round here will book him, the Cavern put on Kinky Machine and Rialto a few times, but his current band is probably a bit too folky for their tastes now!
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    redrock wrote:
    Hey Greek man! How are you keeping?
    cool..im robocop at the moment... 8-)
    talk u all soon :)
    hmmm what does that mean? :think: Robocop was very cool...a hero :D
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    pandora wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Hey Greek man! How are you keeping?

I think dimi must be on some undercover mission somewhere. Hopefully he'll be back soon to tell us about it
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    pandora wrote:

I think dimi must be on some undercover mission somewhere. Hopefully he'll be back soon to tell us about it

Hopefully spying on 10C HQ to bring us all news very soon!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    hi freaks.... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051

Yay! Where you been freak? This place was starting to miss you!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    tremors wrote:

Yay! Where you been freak? This place was starting to miss you!
    yes!

:wave: Bro
  • Options
    You are still with us!!
    :D

Today is seeming impossibly long in the office, I have re-read the same document about 4 times and still can't get my head around it.
    It is my Nan's birthday, so there shall be a busy household at home tonight with everyone popping in, thus we have homemade cakes aplenty - lemon drizzle, victoria sponge, butterfly buns, chocolate cupcakes, cherry scones etc...
    Just listened to the new Radiohead track, I like it but it is a lying in the dark track. I might hear other people's reviews of the album first before purchasing...
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    You are still with us!!
    :D

Today is seeming impossibly long in the office, I have re-read the same document about 4 times and still can't get my head around it.
    It is my Nan's birthday, so there shall be a busy household at home tonight with everyone popping in, thus we have homemade cakes aplenty - lemon drizzle, victoria sponge, butterfly buns, chocolate cupcakes, cherry scones etc...
    Just listened to the new Radiohead track, I like it but it is a lying in the dark track. I might hear other people's reviews of the album first before purchasing...

It's pretty poor to be honest Leanne. Wouldn't be suprised if this became known as their worst but I don't know the Radiohead demograph. Lotus Flower is probably the best on there but apart from that there isn't much to speak of. I would wait until its on Grooveshark and then listen to it before deciding to buy.

Thats a lotta cake :shock:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I wasn't totally enamoured with the last album tbh. Liked it but I dunno, couldn't quite grapple with it.

It is a lot of cake, and if family and friends don't turn up we could be living off it for weeks!!
    If anyone wants any rations ;):D
    I offered to take my Nan anywhere she wanted for dinner tonight, she decided she wanted take away - offered to buy what ever cuisine she wanted ....KFC!! I kid you not, she wants KFC for her birthday dinner as it is something she likes, rarely eats and wouldn't buy herself really. :lol::lol:
    Post edited by dottles on
  • Options
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Well it's mighty cold in Cumbria today. Hope everyone else is having warmer weather.
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

It's pretty poor to be honest Leanne. Wouldn't be suprised if this became known as their worst but I don't know the Radiohead demograph. Lotus Flower is probably the best on there but apart from that there isn't much to speak of. I would wait until its on Grooveshark and then listen to it before deciding to buy.

Have you bought the Radiohead album then Dave? If so, is it all like the track from Youtube, if so, I think I'll save myself the time of downloading it. Amazes me how a band can produce OK Computer and Kid A, and then seemingly manage to lose the plot as well as they have.
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Have you bought the Radiohead album then Dave? If so, is it all like the track from Youtube, if so, I think I'll save myself the time of downloading it. Amazes me how a band can produce OK Computer and Kid A, and then seemingly manage to lose the plot as well as they have.

Yeah its all like that but not as good :lol:

OK computer is their best I think but I like In Rainbows and Hail to the Thief has some good stuff on it.

I got the new PJ Harvey today. Thats pretty good.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

I got the new PJ Harvey today. Thats pretty good.

Love a bit of Polly...
  • Options
    Sup everyone!

Hopefully i can find out today from work if i have MArch off for me Aussie Trip! :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    Sup everyone!

Hopefully i can find out today from work if i have MArch off for me Aussie Trip! :)

Fingers crossed mate.
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Definately not going to Mogwai on Monday!!!! Bosses suck ass!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Definately not going to Mogwai on Monday!!!! Bosses suck ass!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh man. That's shit! Send some hired goons round to make him 'see you point of view' 8-)

What were their reasons?
  • Options
    Awww Gary, that's pants :(
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    veddertown wrote:

Oh man. That's shit! Send some hired goons round to make him 'see you point of view' 8-)

What were their reasons?
    We have a new Norwegian CEO arriving for a tour and all the management have to be there at 7:30 to be introduced to him. I can guarantee it will take 15 - 20 minutes and then he will go into meetings with the MD and production/area managers and that will be the height of our involvement! :evil: I should have been catching a ferry at 06:30 to the mainland... :(
    dottles wrote:
    Awww Gary, that's pants :(
    You are right indeed Leanne, I was really looking forward to the gig. Haven't seen Mogwai for a good few years now and the setlists are looking really good!! Like I said....
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12