euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    edited November 2010
    Definately going Africa next summer it seems. Best start saving up. Any ideas for fundraisers?

Gotta pay a £150 deposit next week.

Hellllllooooooooooooo credit card :D

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Well done, you can feel very smug for getting through. (I shall not say I told you so ;) )

How much do you need to raise?

defo need to save mister, Africa and a PJ gig that might be abroad :lol:
    Post edited by dottles on
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    E-bay is your friend ... any old stuff you don't need anymore you can sell to make quick funds? ... or musicmagpie some old cds?
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:
    E-bay is your friend ... any old stuff you don't need anymore you can sell to make quick funds? ... or musicmagpie some old cds?

Neverheard of music magpie but I don't have any cds to get rid of anyway.

Don't have much I could sell to be fair I don't tend to horde loads of stuff except cds and dvds.
  • dottles wrote:
    Definately going Africa next summer it seems. Best start saving up. Any ideas for fundraisers?

Well done, you can feel very smug for getting through. (I shall not say I told you so ;) )

How much do you need to raise?

defo need to save mister, Africa and a PJ gig that might be abroad :lol:

Well £1,200 for the flights accomodation ect... Then I will need to buy some supplies, hiking boots, malaria pills, back pack ect and then spending money on top of that. looking to stay about 7 weeks.

I have some PJ posters I could sell but nothing that will attract too much attention except maybe Wembley 2007 (I know Phil is after that one) and Katowice 2007.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dottles wrote:

ooOOoo what did I miss? You got through what to go to Africa?
  • redrock wrote:
    dottles wrote:

ooOOoo what did I miss? You got through what to go to Africa?

http://firstaidafrica.com/faa/

It's run through the university, i'm going to either, Malawi, Tanzania or Kenya in the summer for 7 weeks to teach first aid to local communities and schools ect that live days away from hospitals and medical centers. The 'work' lasts about 5 weeks and then I'm free to do some touristy stuff as I so choose.
    That's so cool!!! You must be very excited :mrgreen:
  • redrock wrote:

Long way off yet but very excited :D
    redrock wrote:

Long way off yet but very excited :D

I am really chuffed for you.
    I'll mail you about fundraising
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • hi peeps!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    hi peeps!!! :)
    hey lovely, how are you?
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561

http://firstaidafrica.com/faa/

It's run through the university, i'm going to either, Malawi, Tanzania or Kenya in the summer for 7 weeks to teach first aid to local communities and schools ect that live days away from hospitals and medical centers. The 'work' lasts about 5 weeks and then I'm free to do some touristy stuff as I so choose.

Sounds like a great thing to do!
  • dottles wrote:
    hi peeps!!! :)
    hey lovely, how are you?
    ok..listening iron maiden!! :lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    chime wrote:
    BEWAREof musicmagpiefolks!! One of my mates got quoted really low prices (30p - £1 for most) to take some of his cd's and he decided to take it anyway just save himself the hassle of listing on ebay and sending separately and when he sent them they gave him even less as the cd's weren't in suitable condition. I saw his cd's and the discs were mint too and barely any wear on the cases. It's worth typing in a cd title to see what you get offered though if only for entertainment value! Bloody bandits! :x
    Anyway, good evening all. Hope everyone is well and happy as usual. I've spent the evening looking at prices for flights to some far flung places to see how far my work bonus will go towards a possible holiday. If there's any announcements to be made regarding the southern hemisphere it looks like I'll need to start putting more in my PJ fund every month! On a brighter note I do have friends living 50km from Rio De Janiero and right in the heart of Santiago! :)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    veddertown wrote:
    I've spent the evening looking at prices for flights to some far flung places to see how far my work bonus will go towards a possible holiday.
    coming to Cornwall then? :lol:
    dottles wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    I've spent the evening looking at prices for flights to some far flung places to see how far my work bonus will go towards a possible holiday.
    coming to Cornwall then? :lol:
    :mrgreen: You know I'd come to Cornwall in an instant Leanne! It's the home of clotted cream!! I've only not come yet because I'd probably never leave and my work isn't yet done here... :lol:
    I really hope we know something about next year in December like we did last year because it was such an exciting end to 2009 after I was so disappointed at missing the shows in August. Will you be going to shows if they're only playing outside Europe? If they play of course! :) I'm in a strong position for a pretty good bonus in January and if it isn't so good I'm contemplating a boot sale so all I need is some news! :)

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Mmmmmmm....... clotted cream. I need to go back to Cornwall.. I love Cornwall!!

'morning all.
  • Morning all :D
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Morning all :D

Morning D! Back at work today...sooo tired!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • working..so bored :lol:
  • Morning all! :wave:

DBT tomorrowwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    redrock wrote:
    Mmmmmmm....... clotted cream. I need to go back to Cornwall.. I love Cornwall!!

'morning all.
    You need to come to Cornwall and then you could visit me :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I have been soooooo tired today, had headache requiring pills (I v rarely take pills if I can avoid it).
    The weather is stormy, there was a break in it at lunch time when I nipped to Sainsburys across the road from my office...did a host of shopping to find my purse was back on my desk!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
    A guy in my office thought the PJ backdrop from the shows on my mug was linked to PJ and Duncan (Brits will know who I mean :twisted: )
    Pants day all in all!! :lol::lol:

But I did listen to some boots which made me smile....
    This is my reason for smiling today!! :mrgreen:
    http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?cat ... cleid=1278
    Going to turn back the clock and see the Scottish shows I think. Not seen them in almost 20 years!! :D

• "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
  • veddertown wrote:
    Going to turn back the clock and see the Scottish shows I think. Not seen them in almost 20 years!! :D

Sounds good man! 8-):D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    veddertown wrote:

Hey stranger, how's it going? You think you'll pay Maiden a visit seeing as they're kind enough to come to town?
    Gigs are beginning to pile up for next year! :D

• PkePke Posts: 846
    veddertown wrote:

sounds good to me old boy i'm up for the scotish shows too

only thing is some people i know go mad lose 3 hours of their night an fuck off home without their jacket when visiting aberdeen

;);)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
    Pke wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

sounds good to me old boy i'm up for the scotish shows too

only thing is some people i know go mad lose 3 hours of their night an fuck off home without their jacket when visiting aberdeen

;);)
    :lol: I've honestly not touched a drop since that night! I'll be ok as long as someone keeps my wrist strap on! :lol: Dimi, it's a perfect reason to give Scotland a visit and of course it'll be sweltering in July... :roll:

• veddertown wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

Hey stranger, how's it going? You think you'll pay Maiden a visit seeing as they're kind enough to come to town?
    Gigs are beginning to pile up for next year! :D

Not bad mate, hows things with you?
    hmm, prob not just bought foo's tixs and kol tickets for my sister so il need to keep some money for other stuff next year! :(
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates