euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• mateymatemateymate Posts: 291
    dottles wrote:
    Looking good Yvi :D:D I do agree that it's not just about the gig it's about the whole pre-amble
    My future gigs at the minute -

29th October - Seth Lakeman (Truro)
    13th November - Bobbys Helmet (a local band - Helston)
    20th November - The Levellers (Falmouth)
    24th November - Show of Hands (Truro)
    3rd December - Fistful of Mercy (London)
    11th December - Frank Turner (Liverpool)
    30th January - Band of Horses (Bristol)
    17th March - The Levellers (Birmingham)

I need a Pearl Jam gig(s) in there!!! And I'd like to bulk out with some more other gigs...

My sister is going to the Fistful of Mercy gig, does it sound radically different to normal Ben Harper stuff?

How is everyone anyway, haven't been on here in a while. :thumbup:

I only have one gig lined up so far, but a few I want to see, especially Sonic Youth on New Years Eve. The only one I am going to for sure is one of the National shows at Brixton.
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    They are different in my opinion, and a friend who really likes BH doesn't like Fistful of Mercy. It is a different sound, the layering and the vocals.

I went to a beer and cider festival last night, I had 2 pints of cider and 2 of weapons grade ginger ale...and feel a bit like I'd had 10 pints :? :?
    Currently I am v jealous of those at Bridge!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Not a fan of what I've heard of Fistful of Mercy, good to see Ben try out something a bit different, but reform the Innocent Criminals already! That's where the fun was live.

That Sonic Youth gig on NYE is tempting, especially since Shellac are supporting.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    hey everybody :wave:
    Hey G, how goes it hunny?

FoM are different Ian, and defo an album you have to give a few listens to. I wasn't sure at first but then it seemed to click with me. I do like the Innocent Criminals stuff too though.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • hi all!!and happy anniversary!!! :)
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=142565&start=0
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    im good, havent been on here much cause im doing so much work for uni, its good tho, how is everybody here??
  • morning all and here the set from last night for us in Europe :lol:

Bridge School Benefit - Night 1
    10/23/10
    Mountain View, CA

Set: Last Kiss, Unthought Known, Santa Cruz, Nothingman, Dancing Barefoot (Patti Smith), Betterman, Walk With Me (Neil Young), Just Breathe, Black

Notes: Betterman is the 'lullaby version'. Neil joins the band for Walk With Me. Black is played with a strings section.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    looks like the gig last night was a goodun, I hope Ed had a good time (there wont have been enough Binaural :lol::D )
    (And EV was looking goooood!!!)

Hope you're all having a good Sunday, these antibiotics are knocking the hell outta me, just gotta hope they work :D
  • mood_excited.gif
    mood_excited.gif
    Still loving that Dimtris :D How are you my friend?

Well I have tidied, hoovered and am now having some homemade cake :mrgreen:

Do you think there is any chance that the band will combine both nights at Bridge as a boot and sell them on the site in goods to raise money for the school?
  • dottles wrote:
    mood_excited.gif
    Still loving that Dimtris :D How are you my friend?

Well I have tidied, hoovered and am now having some homemade cake :mrgreen:

Do you think there is any chance that the band will combine both nights at Bridge as a boot and sell them on the site in goods to raise money for the school?
    i have my last 27hours shift f the month,so at work all day,but im cool..alot of coffee music and work stuff..how are u?all ok in the beautiful place u live?
    It's been particularily beautiful recently, so yeah, good thanks.
    I've been ill, but now have antibiotics so hopefully will be back to full strength soon enough. I have to be, got a busy couple of months ahead :D:D
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Dimi, I have been wondering, are you expected to be awake for the entire 27 hours or just on call?
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    rafie wrote:
    Dimi, I have been wondering, are you expected to be awake for the entire 27 hours or just on call?
    10 red bulls and he's awake all the time :lol::lol::lol:
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • rafie wrote:
    someone must protect and stay awake for the rest to be in peace and freedom... :) on call im all day all week all month. :)
  • em jot wrote:
    rafie wrote:
    10 red bulls and he's awake all the time :lol::lol::lol:
    need pj music and im fine... :D
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    A lot of people on this board are really nice and helpful.

Asked for help twice for stuff and got lots of pm with offers. Love them! :mrgreen:
  • redrock wrote:

Asked for help twice for stuff and got lots of pm with offers. Love them! :mrgreen:
    :D love is all we need...love as much as you can :)
    redrock wrote:

and you're one of the loveliest and most helpful missus :D
    'morning all!

D... did you even get to bed? :mrgreen:
  • redrock wrote:
    'morning all!

D... did you even get to bed? :mrgreen:
    hey there..morning for you i guess,im at work,from yesterday..ill finnish in 2 hours from now,i got my 27 hours in the row shift on sunday..so no bed last night..u got a good weekend? :)
    Guess you're more or less done with your shift now...bed time! My daughter is away for a few days so the week-end was peaceful!!! :mrgreen:
  • redrock wrote:
    Guess you're more or less done with your shift now...bed time! My daughter is away for a few days so the week-end was peaceful!!! :mrgreen:
    me more hour :)
    How much time off do you get until your next shift?
  • redrock wrote:
    How much time off do you get until your next shift?
    tomorrow i work normal 7-15..the 27 hours shift are 4 per month..2 working days,1 friday,1 saturday or sunday
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Morning all! Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

Anyone got anything exciting planned for this week (other than listening to the Bridge School shows on PJ Radio when they are on)? Only in work for 4 days this week, off to London on Friday to see the Manic Street Preachers and then watching rugby on the Saturday. Supposed to be going to see a band in the pub on Sunday night, but think that one may not happen!

Off to work in a bit, after I've suffered the ordeal of a trip to the Post Office.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    Evening all, anyone up for the Foos gig then?
    How are peeps? I am off in search of last nights Bridge school vids in a bit.
    I've had a day of pondering what might have been, I don't advise it!!
  • dottles wrote:

What gig?

I'm a little stuck on my coursework. Have to grab a text book tomorrow and have a think. One question left and then i'm done.

Chicken kebab was shit
    dottles wrote:

What gig?

I'm a little stuck on my coursework. Have to grab a text book tomorrow and have a think. One question left and then i'm done.

Chicken kebab was shit

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/10/2 ... xt-summer/

:( on the chicken kebab...lasagne wasn't great - she put peas in it!!!

I am sure you'll be coolio on your coursework.