euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• morning all,morning Jenny :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    I always buy 2 tickets and just drag someone along with me. By the time if anyone has decide wether they can afford it or get the time off the gig has sold out.

Only been to 2 gigs on my own. It's not the gig itslef but I guess the pre gig ritual of travelling to Manchester and getting a pub lunch ect ect

Yes, right, it's not just the gig, it's all things around the gig, the pre and after glow :D

Hello all btw!!

I just added another gig to my book (Deftones), my schedule for December looks nice now:
    1.12. Deftones (Hamburg)
    4.12. The Frames (Hamburg)
    11.12. Frank Turner (Liverpool)

and still some things to come I think :? :)

I'm quite surprised that I could convince my friend without any problems for some gigs! She LOVES to see gigs, we like the same music, but she's always VERRRRRRRY slow and hesitating in making a decision wether to go or not (yes Dimi, I'm talking about Joana, you know the story :lol: )
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Looking good Yvi :D:D I do agree that it's not just about the gig it's about the whole pre-amble
    My future gigs at the minute -

29th October - Seth Lakeman (Truro)
    13th November - Bobbys Helmet (a local band - Helston)
    20th November - The Levellers (Falmouth)
    24th November - Show of Hands (Truro)
    3rd December - Fistful of Mercy (London)
    11th December - Frank Turner (Liverpool)
    30th January - Band of Horses (Bristol)
    17th March - The Levellers (Birmingham)

I need a Pearl Jam gig(s) in there!!! And I'd like to bulk out with some more other gigs...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I guess because of being in London most of my gigs are just heading straight from work to the venue so there isn't too much pre-gig to miss out on if I go by myself :oops: :P ... most of the time I am going with other people but it will usually just be one drink before the gig ... unless we are actively missing the support act when we may manage to grab some food too :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Got this little lot to see me through to the end of May, hopefully nothing else will come along, at least that doesn't involve travelling! Being unable to drink has had positive results for my gig budget at least :D

Gaslight Anthem - London
    Manic Street Preachers - London
    3 Daft Monkeys - Exeter
    Andy White - Bristol
    Dreadzone - Exeter
    Drive By Truckers - Birmingham & London
    The Fall - Exeter
    Frank Turner - Exeter & Liverpool
    Pogues - London
    Roxy Music - Manchester
    Hold Steady - Bristol and London
    Waterboys - London
    PJ Harvey - London
    Levellers (somewhere to be decided)
    Eric Clapton - London
    Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood - London
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    Alright Ian - don't rub it in ;):D

Ray Lamontagne has just announced a tour in February/March
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:

Off to buy your tickets then is it? Am about to PM you details for booking Levs tickets.
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Off to buy your tickets then is it? Am about to PM you details for booking Levs tickets.

Considering it :lol::lol: Nearest one is Bristol.
    Coolio ;) X
    Woohoo! ... I could use another Ray fix :mrgreen: ... and got my tickets for the first London night ... 2nd row :D
    chime wrote:
    Woohoo! ... I could use another Ray fix :mrgreen: ... and got my tickets for the first London night ... 2nd row :D
    Is it seated then Pippa?
    I've not checked, as I knew I would end up buying one!
    dottles wrote:
    chime wrote:
    Is it seated then Pippa?

Yep London is ... the other times I've seen him in London he has played seated venues too (Royal Albert Hall and Barbican) ... I've always got good seats through his pre-sales ... so you doing Bristol?
    chime wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    chime wrote:
    Is it seated then Pippa?

Yep London is ... the other times I've seen him in London he has played seated venues too (Royal Albert Hall and Barbican) ... I've always got good seats through his pre-sales ... so you doing Bristol?

I don't know to be honest, I've not seen him before. I'll have a look at the dates...
    Hurrah, Falmouth is on the tele, on Grand Designs :D
    dottles wrote:
    I don't know to be honest, I've not seen him before. I'll have a look at the dates...

I think seating probably suits his style. He is also very nervous ... so the band stand in a semi-circle and he stands on one end (Stone side) ... the lights go off at the end of each song and don't come on again until he has counted them in for the next song. He doesn't really do stage banter ... so in between songs you can hear a pin drop ... which occasionally gets slightly tipsy audience members to start yelling out and you want to ask them not to scare him :lol: But being in the presence of that voice is amazing!!!
    chime wrote:
    dottles wrote:

I think seating probably suits his style. He is also very nervous ... so the band stand in a semi-circle and he stands on one end (Stone side) ... the lights go off at the end of each song and don't come on again until he has counted them in for the next song. He doesn't really do stage banter ... so in between songs you can hear a pin drop ... which occasionally gets slightly tipsy audience members to start yelling out and you want to ask them not to scare him :lol: But being in the presence of that voice is amazing!!!

Sounds a pretty interesting gig, and yes, the voice...it's what you go for, it is amazing.
    dottles wrote:
    chime wrote:

Sounds a pretty interesting gig, and yes, the voice...it's what you go for, it is amazing.

Forgot to say if this is your first time ... for his pre-sale you just go through the tour page on his website.
    Grrr, none of the gigs are on a Saturday :( I've not got a lot of leave left, only about 3 days plus flexi as I've already taken out 3 days for December gigs, a few days at Xmas and 2 for the Levs gig in March ...
    Hurrah!!! Levs gig tickets purchased and I am very excited already!!
    dottles wrote:
    Grrr, none of the gigs are on a Saturday :( I've not got a lot of leave left, only about 3 days plus flexi as I've already taken out 3 days for December gigs, a few days at Xmas and 2 for the Levs gig in March ...

When does your leave year finish then? Mine runs until 21 May, and I have 11 days left to take (Liverpool all booked already!), am quite lucky in that I can do a lot of London shows without taking leave (finish at 4, 5pm train and get the 11.45pm train home, then work 12-8 the next day!

I am taking 2 days for the Levellers gig, a couple at the beginning of March so I can stay up in London after the PJ Harvey gig. That one falls well as I have a day off the Wednesday after. Hoping to use 3 more up by having the week between Easter and May holidays off. Just have to find somewhere exciting to go in that week!
    31st March, I had 33 days (28 standard with 5 carried over from last year as I knew I was going on tour) plus the bank holidays and can have up to 24 flexi days...2 a month but you only accrue them through business need, and once hours are banked enough for 1 day, you have to use them within a 4 week period. So can't count on having them at a specific time.
    At the minute I have 7.5 days left, with London/Liverpool/Bristol/Birmingham taken out, but no time over Xmas, ideally I'd like the days off inbetween Xmas and New Year...leaving me with 3 days left. Whilst I do expect to swap back some of the days booked as annual leave to flexi, I can't guarantee it.
    I can't really do London up and back in a day, it's amazing really how much it adds on from here to Exeter! Plus I have core hours to work, so although we do flexi, we are expected to be working between as a minimum 10 - 12 and 2 - 4.30 as that is when government etc are working...
    dottles wrote:
    31st March, I had 33 days (28 standard with 5 carried over from last year as I knew I was going on tour) plus the bank holidays and can have up to 24 flexi days...ideally I'd like the days off inbetween Xmas and New Year...I can't really do London up and back in a day, it's amazing really how much it adds on from here to Exeter!

27 days is my entitlement this year, up to 28 next year, not inc Bank Holidays. I also get 1 Wednesday in 4 off but have to work a Saturday morning once a month, good though 'cause can swap so get a whole week for 4 days leave. I'm not taking anything over Christmas this year, fairly certain any request will be declined as there's mostly new staff and I'm apparently quite good at dealing with them.

It is a long way down to Falmouth, probably would take longer for me to get there than to London. We will all have to come down and visit you at some point though!
    ilockyer wrote:

It is a long way down to Falmouth, probably would take longer for me to get there than to London. We will all have to come down and visit you at some point though!

I'd love that.
    It's about 3 hours to get to Exeter - 2.5 hours to Exeter from Truro, and about half an hour or so from Falmouth to Truro
    Fistful of Mercy tickets arrived today, as well as an envelope from Dimitris :D
  • dottles wrote:
    8-)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    when the next party . :twisted:
    what tour or meet??...or both??
    :D:lol:

I want both..in Cornwall, what do you reckon?
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    dottles wrote:
    Got a lovely envelope from D today too!! :D Nice surprise after a harshly cold day at work!
    Thanks D :mrgreen:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    veddertown wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    Got a lovely envelope from D today too!! :D Nice surprise after a harshly cold day at work!
    Thanks D :mrgreen:

warms the day doesn't it...a little sunshine from Greece :D
  • morning all and happy 20th anniversary to the best band in the world.. :)
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    morning all and happy 20th anniversary to the best band in the world.. :)
    :wave:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017