euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Requests for Bridge School?
  • Brisk. wrote:
    nothing as it seems..of the girl.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Brisk. wrote:

PFFFT

Wouldn't need to live after that.
  • Brisk. wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

PFFFT

Wouldn't need to live after that.
    ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Ed - regular reports :D

Evening all.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Evening people.

How goes it?

Got my application for Africa today. Gonna fill it in tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Very busy over the next few weeks. Coursework, test and exams and trips to see friends down pewsey.
    Evening people.

How goes it?

Got my application for Africa today. Gonna fill it in tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Very busy over the next few weeks. Coursework, test and exams and trips to see friends down pewsey.

Finger crossed!
    Student life kicking in then? I love how everything all used to have to be in at the same time. Good luck with it all.
    I am trying to convince work they want to pay for my post-grad, remote course with weekends at the uni periodically, at University of Birmingham...I can dream!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dottles wrote:
    Evening people.

How goes it?

Finger crossed!
    Student life kicking in then? I love how everything all used to have to be in at the same time. Good luck with it all.
    I am trying to convince work they want to pay for my post-grad, remote course with weekends at the uni periodically, at University of Birmingham...I can dream!!

Well come the 20th I'm not sure if that will be an viable option :?

Bastard Tories, you would think people would have learnt by now wouldn't you?

Dunno what to spend that £10 voucher on. Any ideas?
    We've a ringfenced training budget until April, but it'll not be there after!
    I have a manic few weeks from tomorrow onwards because of the CSR, our emergency budgets etc. It's awful, I've seen some draft proposals both internally and heard snippets nationally and it's :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I can't quite get my head around some of the cuts which will be being made, and can't see the country coping!

Umm £10 voucher... :think: :think: you could buy me a pressie :mrgreen::lol: umm... if there isn't anything you want, no other photos you want to do stuff with, is there a family photo or something you could do something for a relative towards Xmas??
  • Yeah we're pretty much fucked really aren't we?

6th richest country in the world. These kind of measures are not necessary!

Not doing christmas again this year (buy that I mean i'm not getting anybody anything and no ones is getting me owt)

Dunno, I have until Jan to use it so no rush.
    Honestly hunny, I've read really scary stuff, which will affect and effect all but the very rich. FrankTurner has stopped singing Thatcher f**ked the kids, I reckon he could reprise it now.

Not doing Christmas, well if you're cool with that.

If you've until Jan to spend it, then wait and combineit with another offer, they'll no doubt have some.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    'morning all..

Cuts :evil: :evil: :evil:

Last week was manic and stressful (driving test, venue for daughter's sweet 16 burning down and having to find another one) but this week everything settled. Got a confirmed venue yesterday evening, so now I can sleep! :mrgreen:
  • redrock wrote:
    'morning all..

Last week was manic and stressful (driving test, venue for daughter's sweet 16 burning down and having to find another one) but this week everything settled. Got a confirmed venue yesterday evening, so now I can sleep! :mrgreen:
    i know how to put smile in your face.. :D
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    redrock wrote:
    'morning all..

:D:D:D You always do! :D:D:D
  • redrock wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    'morning all..

:D:D:D You always do! :D:D:D
    ;)
    redrock wrote:
    'morning all..

Hurrah for the venue!!! :D:D Bet that's a relief!

and yes, cuts :evil: :evil: :evil:
    tomorrow is going to be awful in my office.

What's everyone up to? Anything new and interesting?
    My friends are getting annoyed that whenever they suggest nights out, I have plans - mainly relating to gigs and you peeps!! :lol::lol:
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    dottles wrote:

My friends are getting annoyed that whenever they suggest nights out, I have plans - mainly relating to gigs and you peeps!! :lol::lol:

Leanne, why do you live so far away :( :( ?!?! (OK, why do I live here???)
    I'm really having a hard time finding people&friends to join me for gigs and shows, I would go and see much, much more if I only had someone to join me :( I don't enjoy gigs on my own...
    So many good things passing me by because of lazy or mostly not interessted friends, grrrrrr......
  • its on its way,,,for some of you.... :)
  • Yoga was cancelled tonight because of Peter Kay doing a show in the building.

Bastard

Need to balance my ying and yang y'know? :x :x :x
  • 71step28 wrote:
    dottles wrote:

I'm really having a hard time finding people&friends to join me for gigs and shows, I would go and see much, much more if I only had someone to join me :( I don't enjoy gigs on my own...
    So many good things passing me by because of lazy or mostly not interessted friends, grrrrrr......

Story of my life Yvi. None of my friends even read books :shock: (except now Phil)
    71step28 wrote:

Oh Yvi, I miss you too and do wish we were all closer though I am sure you'd all get fed up with me :D

My mates are good, and often go to gigs just so I don't have to go on my own I think! Though, the gigs I am going to in December, January and March are with peeps from here - who I consider friends too.
    Gigs are interspersed with other things though, coffee and cake on Saturday afternoons, Sunday lunch at the beach, family stuff, nights at the pub, the theatre and this weekend a beer and cider festival!
    Fancy it???
    Story of my life Yvi. None of my friends even read books :shock: (except now Phil)
    :lol::lol: My mates have book clubs, none of which am I in, and they are complete mixed bag of madness who I luff muchley.
    Yoga was cancelled tonight because of Peter Kay doing a show in the building.

Bastard

You should have gone to the show, laughing is good for you
  • dottles wrote:

Bastard

The show sold out in 2 mins, it's only in a 200 room capacity. Should have asked if there were any tickets tho, you never know
    dottles wrote:

Bastard

The show sold out in 2 mins, it's only in a 200 room capacity. Should have asked if there were any tickets tho, you never know

:oops: I got offered the chance to buy advance tickets to these preview shows
    But yeah, ask next time, you never know :D
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I don't read books either!

And Yvi... I don't care if my friends won't come to gigs with me, I'll go on my own! I went to Porcupine Tree on my tobler and it was no bother :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:

And Yvi... I don't care if my friends won't come to gigs with me, I'll go on my own! I went to Porcupine Tree on my tobler and it was no bother :D

I do prefer to go with other people, though I have been at gigs and wished I was at my own.
    I went to a gig with a guy I was seeing (for the second time around) and could have quite easily have throttled him. In fact I tried to lose him in the crowd, but didn't manage it :? we didn't really last past that night.
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Hi everybody!! :D Winter has really arrived here today! :cry: It was pretty cold out on the boat today and that'll be the story for the next 6 months... :cry: Anyway everything else is good. :) Hope all is good with you all too and everyone has a good reason to smile... :mrgreen:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Jennytree wrote:

I've gone to a few gigs by myself too. I tend to buy myself a ticket to a gig I want to go to ... and then find out if others are going too later :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    chime wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

I've gone to a few gigs by myself too. I tend to buy myself a ticket to a gig I want to go to ... and then find out if others are going too later :lol:

Best way! You can't enjoy it if you're worried about whether the others with you are enjoying it.

Mind you, there's some gigs you can go to with a crowd and not see them again until the pub after, Rancid last time around was a bit like that, mind you the bruises didn't go for a good couple of weeks afterwards!

I'm booking tickets for The Hold Steady on Friday, which I'm looking forward to, and I also caved in and bought tickets to see PJ Harvey in London in the new year as well. Lots lined up for 2011 already, those, Roxy Music, The Waterboys, Eric Clapton, then a week later Clapton & Steve Winwood (also at the Albert Hall), and almost definitely the Levellers. It's looking like leave from work could be a no go :twisted: :twisted: and to think my boss was saying the other day how good my sickness record has been... :o
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • I always buy 2 tickets and just drag someone along with me. By the time if anyone has decide wether they can afford it or get the time off the gig has sold out.

Only been to 2 gigs on my own. It's not the gig itslef but I guess the pre gig ritual of travelling to Manchester and getting a pub lunch ect ect