euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973
    Right I'm confused. HRC website you can buy tickets at 9am this Wednesday and 10C not until 7pm so apart from the early entry which at a festival isn't going to make much difference anyway, is there any point buying the 10c tickets if I can buy them from HRC earlier in the day?
    i know,,so ifu oe 0c,you dont have other chance!!!!!!

What the fuck did you just say?
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    the wednesday tickets are pre-sale through the promoter.

there will only be a limited amount then, and another sale later
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Q. What is the greatest announcement you can return home to after a long internetless week on the road away from the boards, even though you were already aware that such elating news was on the way?

A. The greatest band in any instance of time or space are coming back to Europe, and are playing twice in locations that are both within a comfortable one hour drive, north and south, of my decrepit base. No amount of smilies or bolded exclamations could convey that feeling. There are no connecting flights or trains, no RV treks and narrowly escaping death by reluctantly letting my eager friend take the drivers seat for a short time (who immediately forgot at the first junction he came to upon leaving an uplifting Virginian campground that you guys drive on the right-hand side in the US, and steered us into 3 lanes of oncoming startled traffic!).

It is an experience and subsequent memory like that, among the myriad of others birthed as a result of this band breezing into my life, that genuinely make life worthwhile. Following the Dublin and Belfast shows it will be time to go back on the road for international cat and mouse games with the boys, and June will never come quick enough until it is finally here.

General Musings:

-I haven't even checked my mail since I got home a few minutes ago. Since I got a spout of random texts today about the now officially announced Irish stop (but f**k I did not have a clue about Belfast!!) I could not wait until that moment I got home to see the list of shiny euro dates on my screen. It is like a brochure for purchasing potential life changing experiences (I've only recently come out of the 'era' that resulted in my last trip abroad to see PJ in 08)

-The relief that comes with the confirmation of my well placed friend's kind passing on of inside information is hard to foresee, and I didn't really know what I was getting myself in for when I posted all those pages ago! I think though i'd really prefer to have not heard a thing from her and have had to wait it out. In that alternate reality I would have gone gleefully insane in the busy hotel lobby yesterday where I viewed the 'PEARL JAM JUNE 22ND' banner in the newspaper, no bullshit.:D

-These will be my first shows as a 10c member, having finally overcome procrastination and blissful ignorance by joining !0club earlier in the year. It is hard to imagine but in just my locality alone I know dozens of fans, guys older than me who have been on the journey since Ten, who would not be able to even guess what 'Ten Club' is in a quiz show multiple-choice round.

-As much as some of us might tend to think of touts in the old way as large, sweating, mean middle-aged men whispering "anyone buying or selling tickets" outside the venue, the current reality is that they are now large profitable businesses with employees in offices employed to do such tasks as keep regular checks on internet buzz for forthcoming concerts and potential fan reaction, i.e. public boards. The thoughts that right now there is cash been allocated for their impending swoop on PJ tickets is a little bit effed up. If you are reading this and are one of those, my feelings to you would be along the lines of this late great's sentiments to a heckler- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it9kpZHXhxI

-Oh sweet Lord what if there is a US tour announcement in the pipeline!? I can't help but hold out hope that they will be in fifth gear for Europe after coming hot off a US tour segment. Think about it, the tour would conclude at Bonnaroo and that gives them, and us, around 10 days to recharge and get (back) over to Europe!

-As happy as I am for me, it's possible I'm even happier for you!

-Eternal thanks to everyone in the PJ machine, from Ed on stage to Ed in the office.

-Since I don't believe I ever posted my unasked for opinion on BS, it is the greatest collection of musical works of all time. Ok mild exaggeration, but it rocks and I want to hear those songs live so bad.

-In real life I am the quietest guy in the room almost :)

TLTR indeed!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    Think 4.20 is too late, by the time you've cleared the airport and security and baggage it's gonna be 5-5.20. And if you have a hotel to get your bags too ..... Not enough time

it's a venue to be there early at to take it all in, And what if your flight is delayed?

As for hotels D - there's a best western around a mile from the venue. Quite reasonable and comfortable hotel
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    Think 4.20 is too late, by the time you've cleared the airport and security and baggage it's gonna be 5-5.20. And if you have a hotel to get your bags too ..... Not enough time

it's a venue to be there early at to take it all in, And what if your flight is delayed?

As for hotels D - there's a best western around a mile from the venue. Quite reasonable and comfortable hotel
    yep but i book hotel always on where im going next...so if i have an early flight in the morning i book near the airport like i did berlin last time,couse my flight was 7 in the morning to london
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • FirstExit wrote:
    Right I'm confused. HRC website you can buy tickets at 9am this Wednesday and 10C not until 7pm so apart from the early entry which at a festival isn't going to make much difference anyway, is there any point buying the 10c tickets if I can buy them from HRC earlier in the day?
    i know,,so ifu oe 0c,you dont have other chance!!!!!!

What the fuck did you just say?
    ok..48 hours online...
    if u dont score 10c tickets then u cant get any ticket couse the 10c pre-sale is later than the other sites..,like ticket master and stuff
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • oh..now i get it,,we have this tour couse their is pearl jam movie coming in 2011..... :mrgreen:
  • Dann2000Dann2000 Posts: 162
    pdalowsky wrote:

Thanks, think it'll be the earlier flight then (leaves at 6.20 am) and I'll then have a chance to look around Berlin. I checked out the hotel tonight when I'm back on a computer. Thanks again
  • Sappy113Sappy113 Posts: 178
    Few more Berlin-questions for those of you who've been to a Wuhlheide-gig before.

How's the sound? Even though it's outdoor, it should be fairly decent with the amphitheater thing and all?

How's about those "seatings" around the sides. Anything numbered or would those of us who, hopefully, gain early 10C GA also be able to just take place somewhere around the side?
  • Dann2000 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Thanks, think it'll be the earlier flight then (leaves at 6.20 am) and I'll then have a chance to look around Berlin. I checked out the hotel tonight when I'm back on a computer. Thanks again
    i do that too..btw i hope i have to see berlin this time...lol
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Sappy113 wrote:
    Few more Berlin-questions for those of you who've been to a Wuhlheide-gig before.

How's the sound? Even though it's outdoor, it should be fairly decent with the amphitheater thing and all?

How's about those "seatings" around the sides. Anything numbered or would those of us who, hopefully, gain early 10C GA also be able to just take place somewhere around the side?

Its a super magical place. google it out.
    There is no guaranteed seating, all GA. 10C got early access.
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    stankratz wrote:
    Q. What is the greatest announcement you can return home to after a long internetless week on the road away from the boards, even though you were already aware that such elating news was on the way?

A. The greatest band in any instance of time or space are coming back to Europe, and are playing twice in locations that are both within a comfortable one hour drive, north and south, of my decrepit base. No amount of smilies or bolded exclamations could convey that feeling. There are no connecting flights or trains, no RV treks and narrowly escaping death by reluctantly letting my eager friend take the drivers seat for a short time (who immediately forgot at the first junction he came to upon leaving an uplifting Virginian campground that you guys drive on the right-hand side in the US, and steered us into 3 lanes of oncoming startled traffic!).

It is an experience and subsequent memory like that, among the myriad of others birthed as a result of this band breezing into my life, that genuinely make life worthwhile. Following the Dublin and Belfast shows it will be time to go back on the road for international cat and mouse games with the boys, and June will never come quick enough until it is finally here.

General Musings:

-I haven't even checked my mail since I got home a few minutes ago. Since I got a spout of random texts today about the now officially announced Irish stop (but f**k I did not have a clue about Belfast!!) I could not wait until that moment I got home to see the list of shiny euro dates on my screen. It is like a brochure for purchasing potential life changing experiences (I've only recently come out of the 'era' that resulted in my last trip abroad to see PJ in 08)

-The relief that comes with the confirmation of my well placed friend's kind passing on of inside information is hard to foresee, and I didn't really know what I was getting myself in for when I posted all those pages ago! I think though i'd really prefer to have not heard a thing from her and have had to wait it out. In that alternate reality I would have gone gleefully insane in the busy hotel lobby yesterday where I viewed the 'PEARL JAM JUNE 22ND' banner in the newspaper, no bullshit.:D

-These will be my first shows as a 10c member, having finally overcome procrastination and blissful ignorance by joining !0club earlier in the year. It is hard to imagine but in just my locality alone I know dozens of fans, guys older than me who have been on the journey since Ten, who would not be able to even guess what 'Ten Club' is in a quiz show multiple-choice round.

-As much as some of us might tend to think of touts in the old way as large, sweating, mean middle-aged men whispering "anyone buying or selling tickets" outside the venue, the current reality is that they are now large profitable businesses with employees in offices employed to do such tasks as keep regular checks on internet buzz for forthcoming concerts and potential fan reaction, i.e. public boards. The thoughts that right now there is cash been allocated for their impending swoop on PJ tickets is a little bit effed up. If you are reading this and are one of those, my feelings to you would be along the lines of this late great's sentiments to a heckler- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it9kpZHXhxI

-Oh sweet Lord what if there is a US tour announcement in the pipeline!? I can't help but hold out hope that they will be in fifth gear for Europe after coming hot off a US tour segment. Think about it, the tour would conclude at Bonnaroo and that gives them, and us, around 10 days to recharge and get (back) over to Europe!

-As happy as I am for me, it's possible I'm even happier for you!

-Eternal thanks to everyone in the PJ machine, from Ed on stage to Ed in the office.

-Since I don't believe I ever posted my unasked for opinion on BS, it is the greatest collection of musical works of all time. Ok mild exaggeration, but it rocks and I want to hear those songs live so bad.

-In real life I am the quietest guy in the room almost :)

TLTR indeed!

wow!
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • I have just bought my tickets for HRC I am a happy bunny :mrgreen:
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • I have just bought my tickets for HRC I am a happy bunny :mrgreen:

SNAP!!! :D:D:D:D:D
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Awful scheduling. This means I'll miss so many games in the World Cup!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • malcyrvs wrote:
    SNAP!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I just couldnt wait for the 10C sale and am not bothered about early entry anyway.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    Ok, y'know what?

PJ I've seen a bunch of times.

But the anticipation... 92nd minute in the decider match against Serbia, penalty given, if it goes in we go ahead to play the English in the next round. Miss, and we get knocked out. Referee has just given Nemanja Vidic a 3rd yellow card and STILL hasn't shown him the red.

Yeah, PJ is great, but it's nothing matched up with the drama of progressing.

I'm skipping Belfast.
  • Hinn wrote:

25th June, Pearl Jam @ Hard Rock Calling - DONE!
    26th June, England in World Cup Quarter Final if they win the group - PLEASE!
    ;)
    malcyrvs wrote:
    Hinn wrote:

;)
    That's the round of 16, not the quarters. And hence why I'm missing the Belfast show. To be there and know that we've locked in a match against Ingerland? Fuck PJ, there's some things in life more important than that.
    alesek wrote:
    Sappy113 wrote:

Oh, I googled it! Unfortunately, google images didn't come with sound :D. Just kidding, thanks for the info, man! It LOOKS really special and like a place I'd really like to experience. And since I'm also taking the wife and kid to Disneyland Paris in the summer of 69 (10), I'll probably settle for just Berlin on this tour instead of Dublin, Belfast, London trifecta :p. Gonna do a few days in Berlin along with the gig then.
  • Hinn wrote:
    malcyrvs wrote:
    Hinn wrote:

;)
    That's the round of 16, not the quarters. And hence why I'm missing the Belfast show. To be there and know that we've locked in a match against Ingerland? Fuck PJ, there's some things in life more important than that.

You're right, sorry, I was so excited at getting the tickets. We will miss Brazil v Portugal, but I'd still rather see Pearl Jam.
  • alesek wrote:
    Sappy113 wrote:

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its so beautiful place and the sound too and no worries u find to seat..i was in quote early,but was a mess and i stay in the end and go seated..all ok,+we get there early!!!!!see u in the 10c bar!!!!!!yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hinn wrote:
    Ok, y'know what?

PJ I've seen a bunch of times.

But the anticipation... 92nd minute in the decider match against Serbia, penalty given, if it goes in we go ahead to play the English in the next round. Miss, and we get knocked out. Referee has just given Nemanja Vidic a 3rd yellow card and STILL hasn't shown him the red.

Yeah, PJ is great, but it's nothing matched up with the drama of progressing.

I'm skipping Belfast.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: good one Hinn..
    amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its so beautiful place and the sound too and no worries u find to seat..i was in quote early,but was a mess and i stay in the end and go seated..all ok,+we get there early!!!!!see u in the 10c bar!!!!!!yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha you bet man, I'll look for ya :D
  • Sappy113 wrote:

Haha you bet man, I'll look for ya :D
    :D
  • Dann2000 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

i do that too..btw i hope i have to see berlin this time...lol

We're hoping to spend an extra night in Berlin, just so I can look around and be a geek/tourist :ugeek:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Hinn wrote:
    malcyrvs wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    Fuck PJ, there's some things in life more important than that.

Maybe, but football is very fuckin' far from being one of them...

...in my book anyway
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2

• We're hoping to spend an extra night in Berlin, just so I can look around and be a geek/tourist :ugeek:
    ill be your guide,,i was lost so many times in berlin,now i know!!!!!
  • Question: Is there any reason to believe that the Bilbao rumour is true? The line up for the 9th looks full, with Depeche Mode & Basement Jaxx top of the bill.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    Hinn wrote:
    Fuck PJ, there's some things in life more important than that.

Maybe, but football is very fuckin' far from being one of them...

...in my book anyway
    [/quote]

I'm Italian, I was at Oxigen in 2006 when Italy won the world cup, I saw the match on the big screen, after the last penalty was shot the big screen was switched off and Sigur Ros started playing. I will always remember that moment.

I'd go see Pear Jam... :-D
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14