euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    dottles wrote:
    Hey folks, it's god damn feckin hot here in Paris!!
    Looknig forward to Arras, going up there tonight, giving the boys some peace for a night :lol:
    People who wanted stickers that I haven't met, can you PM me your address so I can post them when I get home at the end of next week.
    :D
    see u later ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • FINALLY ARRIVED!!!

All the way from British Columbia, Canada to Arras!!

I haven't searched on the forums, but is anyone meeting up? We are staying in the main town square at Diamant.
  • We're just about to leave Berlin for home... Gutted we can't do anymore shows but damn, it couldn't have gone better.

Was incredible to meet some of you for the first time and others again... Phil, we'll never forget sharing Just Breathe with you, over thousands of people, in Wulheide :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Damn... authorities on high alert for heat wave in Venice in the next few days :oops:
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Well, Arras is raining and thunder currently.

We tried to head out to the festival, but because of the journey we've done already, turned back tired and a little damp. Tomorrow morning is another story though. I will post photos as soon as the concert is done, as well as a set list.

Is their no Arras thread? Are we the only North Americans to come see this...haha. Seriously though. We are going to Venice show as well.

Anyways, thats my update.
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    After Dublin and Belfast, Euro Tour 2010 ended in Berlin for me. I had a chance to hear a lot of new songs I hadn't in the past and I also, more importantly, met some amazing and crazy people along the way! (and a couple of arseholes as well... but that's ok!)

...and I got Long Road as opener 2 times in 3 gigs and totally 6 times in all my 9 gigs, so Pearl Jam next time you're around and I'm attending... please stop playing the damn song! As much as I love it, it would be nice to have something else as opener for a change :-D :-D :-D

Thanks to all of you who I've met along the way and I hope to see you all again soon... hopefully next year!

LOVE
    gerlando
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • MoemaiMoemai Posts: 329
    I like my picture, i hope the person wil find it:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 5496_n.jpg

its from berlin a crowdsurfer!
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Howdy folks....I am in Arras now :D which is much cooler than Paris thank god!!
    Liking the look of the place; it is pretty.

Hope all are well and I look forward to catching up with some peeps tomorrow!
    Oh and I loved the Poland poster!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    We're just about to leave Berlin for home... Gutted we can't do anymore shows but damn, it couldn't have gone better.

Was incredible to meet some of you for the first time and others again... Phil, we'll never forget sharing Just Breathe with you, over thousands of people, in Wulheide :D

I have loadsa pics I will post on facebook when I am home but did manage to get some of you and dave in Berlin when we were waving :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    71step28 wrote:
    This tour is so god damn fantastic!!! I love being on tour :D:D:D
    I actually love it soooo much so I added Arras to my tour - on short notice, very short notice ;) booked my flight to Paris just yesterday before we went off to the Berlin show :D
    Can't believe what i missed all the years before when doing just one show...touring is completely different, it is simply amazing, easy, packed with fun, friends, music, happiness, smiling faces, interesting stories, happy endings (you two guys know who you are, congratulations!!)... ... ... don't know what words will describe exactly what I feel about and during it all, not even in my own language.
    I choose to feel.
    Thanks to everyone on here being a part of this!!

Met you inside The Old Explorer - it was a real pleasure to meet you! :D
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    How much do the posters cost at the euro shows?
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Whta's the weather like in Arras ?

In Paris, raining for 2 hours !!
    Still waiting for a gig in Paris (in a venue not a festival) since 2006...
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
    It was sunny here in Arras but it is now raining fairly hard...
  • guitarmanguitarman Posts: 6
    rafie wrote:
    How much do the posters cost at the euro shows?

Dublin 30 € Belfast and London 20 £, Berlin 20 €.
  • IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    It's fucking raining in Arras.
    Poster is 20 euros. I had to protect the tube with plastic bags.

dottles, I can't read your PM with the iPhone apps. If you can send me a text, it's fine. Otherwise, I'm wearing a raincoat !!!
  • IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    Hub. wrote:
    Like anybody in Arras. :mrgreen:
    :)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    All those in Wechter.... have an AWESOME day!!!!
    Does any one know how much it costs to get from the Bilbao airport to the city center? Can any one who attended the festival in the past tell me how much they usually charge for food at the festival? Should I just buy some food at a supermarket the first day when I arrive to Bilbao before making my way to the festival site?

I am trying to figure out how much money to take with me to the festival. I will be arriving on Thursday afternoon and leaving Sunday evening. I was thinking of around 200 Euros and $150.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I seem to recognise this place.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    I am concerned about Venice. Festival setlists don't look too good this time around. I knew I should have gone to Berlin. This will be my only show, too :?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
    meme wrote:
    I am concerned about Venice. Festival setlists don't look too good this time around. I knew I should have gone to Berlin. This will be my only show, too :?

The past few (EXTREMELY) short set lists have definitely got me a bit worried for Bilbao on Friday. But on the other hand, it will be my first ever PJ concert after almost 20 years of being a fan, so it will be awesome no matter what. Next time around I will try to catch an arena venue.

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    hello from Brussels,,in 3 hours in venice :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    What have I missed mofo's?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Howdy!!!!
    I'm back in the UK, staying at the City Inn in Manchester so have a lovely iMac in my room :mrgreen:, my tour is nearly over but I've the Black Keys with Phil and Dave tomorrow.
    So, what have people been up to? :lol::lol:
  • dottles wrote:
    Howdy!!!!
    I'm back in the UK, staying at the City Inn in Manchester so have a lovely iMac in my room :mrgreen:, my tour is nearly over but I've the Black Keys with Phil and Dave tomorrow.

I am knackered!!!!!!!!!!

Cant be arsed doing anything and I wish i was still on tour :cry:
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    dottles wrote:
    Howdy!!!!

I am knackered!!!!!!!!!!

...same here, sitting and staring at my computer is all i did since i got home last night... far too ...whatever...to do something else :lol:
    tired, sore feet, lonley (i miss you guys!!!!), i want to pack some stuff and go away again! :?
    dottles wrote:
    Howdy!!!!

I am knackered!!!!!!!!!!

Come visit me! :lol: My friend I was going for a pint with tonight has cancelled :(
    Fancy Bilbao??? :lol:;):lol:
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    This tour depression sucks bad :( I miss everyone too much
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    philthehip wrote:
    This tour depression sucks bad :( I miss everyone too much

:cry: