euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Brisk. wrote:

10.02 mega pixels with a 3x optical zoom. Its not amazing but couldnt afford to go all out on one.

£67 with a 4gb memory card.

Yeah thats not too bad, my mate just looked for a new camera so was just intrigued. If you wanted to take photos of bands though you could have done with 5x optical zoom at least and maybe sacrifice some MP but whatever should be good.

4gb cards are like a fiver on ebay so I hope you didn't get ripped by somewhere like Currys.

£11 for the card. Its more for out and about and the travelling rather than the gigs themselves.

That's splendid then.
  • Brisk. wrote:
    That's splendid then.

:lol: 'Splendid'
  • I have written my packing lists...

It's taken nearly an hour and a half :oops:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • I have written my packing lists...

WTF are you taking?
    I have written my packing lists...

WTF are you taking?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yea... :roll:
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138

I've been writing mine too :oops: :
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dottles wrote:

You dont need to take that much surley?

Travel light is the best way.
  • dottles wrote:

I'm planning on travelling light... but being this perfect takes work and product y'know!!! :evil:

:lol:;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

dottles wrote:

Ahem...I am a girl!!!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    I'm planning on travelling light... but being this perfect takes work and product y'know!!!

Dave carrying the heavy luggage then Sian?
  • dottles wrote:
    I'm planning on travelling light... but being this perfect takes work and product y'know!!!

He isn't actually, no! I have the bigger and heavier bags! :lol: :roll:

He'll probably take a change of t-shirt and pants for each day and his toothbrush and be done with it... I can't do that... I have panic attacks if I don't do lists and prepare for every eventuality :oops:

more luggage = more $$$ for flights.
    dottles wrote:

He isn't actually, no! I have the bigger and heavier bags! :lol: :roll:

He'll probably take a change of t-shirt and pants for each day and his toothbrush and be done with it... I can't do that... I have panic attacks if I don't do lists and prepare for every eventuality :oops:

Me too :oops: :oops: Though I think the weight limit might counter some of that :? :?
  • Not taking a change of clothes for each day. Just do some washing while i'm out there.
    Brisk. wrote:

Nope, I'm not paying extra for my hold luggage it's included in the flight cost so no extra £££ on flights...
    dottles wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Nope, I'm not paying extra for my hold luggage it's included in the flight cost so no extra £££ on flights...

Oh really was for me... Okay then well uh more standing about waiting for your luggage and more to carry around :P 8-)
    Not taking a change of clothes for each day. Just do some washing while i'm out there.

Me too...but I still need lists
    (plus it's not all about clothes..straighteners, hairdryer, make up, toiletries :? )

Ed, yep standing about and carrying round I guess :lol:
  • Not taking a change of clothes for each day. Just do some washing while i'm out there.

HOW?! :o
    dottles wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Same here. I have hand luggage (the max size you can take) for Ireland and one big bag for the rest of the tour... No extra charges should be incurred... if they are, Dave would rather offer to leave his clothes behind I'm sure... ;)

All hostels and hotels offer a laundry service. Only be a couple of euros.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

Awww, bless!

I'm doing the same. The hostel I'm staying at in Berlin has washers and dryers, as does my friend in Spain that I'll be visiting. All sorted :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    My hotels will probably charge me a fortune for laundry, if it's too expensive I may have to crash one of your hostel laundry places!!!

:lol:
    Moemai has a washer I shall be using :D
  • why go homewhy go home Posts: 287
    Any meet up places for London and Berlin yet?
    Glasgow 00, Dublin 06, Lisbon 06, Lisbon 06, Munich 07, London 07, New York 08, New York 08, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 12, Manchester 12, Berlin 12, Berlin 12, Amsterdam 14, Amsterdam 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14,
    Berlin most likely the venue as its out from town.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Moemai wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    Moemai wrote:
    PEOPLE ARE IGNORING MY PICTURE! dimitris where is your dirty mind
    and tomorrow the netherlands are playing!!! whoooohooo where something orange or eat an orange :oops:

*wear

dude it was late :shock:
    what are u guys talking about?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottles wrote:
    My hotels will probably charge me a fortune for laundry, if it's too expensive I may have to crash one of your hostel laundry places!!!

:lol:

We too are staying in hotels all the way, so laundry service isn't really an option (apart from Nijmegen and I don't want to just assume we can use our friend's washer as I've never even met him before!)

I will be taking enough clothes to keep me looking fab and clean... as well as an outfit and pair of shoes to go out for a posh meal in :D

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    why the fuck thos nike aqir max are so expensive,my shoes was destroy after weekend in the sun-beach-drunk situation,and i went buy a pair,,fuck them...give free shoes to pearl jam fans,motthhaaafuucckaa... :twisted:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Sounds like everyone's getting organised, it's like bedlam here, I'm off to a festival this weekend, home to grab a different bag before going to Ireland, then home on Thursday, change bags for festival kit and off to Glasto, then the Monday of Glasto it's home and then out to London the same day ready for an early flight to Berlin! Glad I'm so busy though as it gives me less time to flap about what to/what not to take.

Anyone know anywhere cheap to get replacement Blackberry batteries? Am considering getting some as it'll be easier rather than taking my two old Sony phones and swapping the sim cards.

Money card arrived, didn't realise until Friday that my old one had expired! Loaded all the bucks I should need on it, raided the savings to do that and clear the credit card.

Only 3 more days of work, the sun is shining, listening to some Frank Turner before spinning the new Gaslight Anthem album. Nice shiny green vinyl!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    ilockyer wrote:
    Sounds like everyone's getting organised, it's like bedlam here, I'm off to a festival this weekend, home to grab a different bag before going to Ireland, then home on Thursday, change bags for festival kit and off to Glasto, then the Monday of Glasto it's home and then out to London the same day ready for an early flight to Berlin! Glad I'm so busy though as it gives me less time to flap about what to/what not to take.

Anyone know anywhere cheap to get replacement Blackberry batteries? Am considering getting some as it'll be easier rather than taking my two old Sony phones and swapping the sim cards.

Money card arrived, didn't realise until Friday that my old one had expired! Loaded all the bucks I should need on it, raided the savings to do that and clear the credit card.

Only 3 more days of work, the sun is shining, listening to some Frank Turner before spinning the new Gaslight Anthem album. Nice shiny green vinyl!
    fancy a few by the cider bus on the sat night ;)
    +
    ilockyer wrote:

Loving the Frank Turner love in the thread :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    How feckin busy are you??? Mental but very cool!
    Have a look on ebay for batteries, I just got a spare for my phone as the current one wears out real quick and I'm due an upgrade in October...
    I cleared one of my credit cards at the weekend...can't do the other :oops: but will bring it with me anyway as I've paid for stuff on it and need to present it.