euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    gonna have a geek moment, but

226.5 hours (roughly) til pearl jam hit the stage in dublin. :oops: :lol:
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Shit Robert! Is it really that long?! ;) So you have to wait 250 hours for Belfast then!
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Brisk. wrote:
    Random question :P

But does anyone know any reptile/bird owners?

I know a lizard(s) and snake owner + pigeon (racing/homing pigeons) owner + parakeet owner... what do you need to know?

I LOVE greek weddings! Been to a couple.. Also moroccan weddings and indian weddings. They're so much better than your standard wedding here!
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    redrock wrote:
    I LOVE greek weddings! Been to a couple.. Also moroccan weddings and indian weddings. They're so much better than your standard wedding here!

I've not made it to any of our family weddings in Greece, but the stories and photos are always great!
    I went to an Hindu wedding and a Jewish wedding and enjoyed them both :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    redrock wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    Random question :P

But does anyone know any reptile/bird owners?

I know a lizard(s) and snake owner + pigeon (racing/homing pigeons) owner + parakeet owner... what do you need to know?

How much they are all basically, how much a lizard or a parakeet is and all the equipment. Also whether they require a lot of maintenance etc. Anything I should know really before considering getting one.
    OK, hold luggage bag is out and stuff is starting to be put in it!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:
    OK, hold luggage bag is out and stuff is starting to be put in it!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Night before job for me :P Gotta work how much spending money I'm gonna need too hmm.
  • mateymatemateymate Posts: 291
    What a dreadful weekend, this football is unbearable.

:lol:

Yeah right I've seen every game so far, and a certain tour to look forward to. Everyone ok?
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
    Brisk. wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Night before job for me :P Gotta work how much spending money I'm gonna need too hmm.

I am usually a night before person, but got a busy week this week, family and friends stuff for my birthday, maternal family visiting next weekend and a a big paternal family BBQ next Saturday...plus I am a girl and am worried about weight limits for my luggage :oops: :oops:
    mateymate wrote:
    What a dreadful weekend, this football is unbearable.

:lol:

Yeah right I've seen every game so far, and a certain tour to look forward to. Everyone ok?

Good thank you :D
    Off to my parents in a minute to utilise their printer for my tour folder of tickets, directions, confirmations etc :lol:
    dottles wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    dottles wrote:

I am usually a night before person, but got a busy week this week, family and friends stuff for my birthday, maternal family visiting next weekend and a a big paternal family BBQ next Saturday...plus I am a girl and am worried about weight limits for my luggage :oops: :oops:

Hehe I brought a new bag, its only 30lr but it should do the trick just about. I come home after London so i'll be able to get clean clothes etc after the UK+NI leg of the tour.

What bags did you settle for again?
    I got Jansport bags, 90ltr for the hold and 20ltr for hand luggage (off the top of my head).

I wish I could come back home at somepoint but it's just not viable. I love living here but sometimes it's a pain in the arse as far as travelling is concerned!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Ed, prices of lizards or birds really depend on what you get. A lil' gecko will maybe be £20 or so, a small bearded dragon maybe £50. Same with the birds. Always get from a reputable source. You can always try the RSPCA as well. They do have a number of strange pets for rehoming!

From a 'habitat' point of view, the bird is cheaper. Again, depending on size of bird (and therefore cage), you will spend around £50/£60 for a budgie kind of bird. More if the bird is bigger. You'll also have to think about fittings (toys, feeders, etc) and that will be maybe another £20. Also stuff for the bottom of the cage and cleaning - another £10? Food isn't too expensive.

You need a bit more investment for a Lizard and they are a bit more care. The main cost is a vivarium. Any old glass tank will do (second hand?). The lizard does need space and his habitat needs to be set up for him/her to be able to 'go about his/her day' (ie a basking area which will be warmer than the rest, eating area, pooing area and just moving about). Rule of thumb, tank = length: 3x total length of ADULT lizard, height: 2x length of lizard (the lizard likes to climb).

You'll need a heating mat, substrate (which could be sand/moss/etc.), UV light, heating light, a thermometer and moisture gauge Bits and pieces for the decor to stimulate natural habitat.

Lizards usually eat live food (crickets or such) so you need to have a lil' cricket keeper type thing.

I would say, for a lizard you are looking at approx £200 initially (that's about what my friend spent). Once you understand how they live and use their habitat, it's not complicated, just need to monitor heat and moisture (some lizards need more moisture than others). Oh... and there are 'silent' crickets. You'll want to get those to feed your lizard - if not you will be kept awake!
    Wow Rita, thanks you so much for that!!!

Yeah that's quite a lot of start up costs, I was aware I'd need a big cage for a bird. I read somewhere you have to let them out so they can fly about etc from time to time?! When I get home next week i'll have to take a trip out to the big pet centre world type place and see how much they are doing stuff for etc.

I just watched loads of budgie/parakeet videos on youtube :P They are so cute!
    dottles wrote:
    I got Jansport bags, 90ltr for the hold and 20ltr for hand luggage (off the top of my head).

I wish I could come back home at somepoint but it's just not viable. I love living here but sometimes it's a pain in the arse as far as travelling is concerned!

Yeah I wouldn't be able to live anywhere without a relatively short an hassle free way of getting to London.
    Yeah, London is about 6 hours by train, or an hour and a bit flight (but the airport is an hour from me and not easy to get to by public transport so someone has to drive you there/pick you up).
    Neither method is very cheap, you can get good deals sometimes... hence no coming home!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol: I just got a text from Dimi, he's at a Greek wedding, and he wanted me to tell you he loves you all :lol::lol:
    :lol::lol: I am picturing that scene!

Yeah he's said they've smashed plates 'OPA!' styley, drunk 2 bottles of whisky and 7 kilos of wine...and I think the last text was something about cigars :?
    fuck,,,i try to remember the word...yeah cigars...what a night,,+ i get the micriphone and .i sing 2 song....one was with the tittle"your 2 black eyes,second song tittle.."you get in my empty pack of ciggaretes..
    fuckin great night...
    btw i just got back from the beach......im tourhorny....with tour word needed...wtf are those new bikinis..fuck..40celcium,and those ...jump around...summer is good.. 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol: I just got a text from Dimi, he's at a Greek wedding, and he wanted me to tell you he loves you all :lol::lol:
    :lol::lol: I am picturing that scene!

Yeah he's said they've smashed plates 'OPA!' styley, drunk 2 bottles of whisky and 7 kilos of wine...and I think the last text was something about cigars :?

"kilos" of wine...?? :geek:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    jrd wrote:

"kilos" of wine...?? :geek:
    we count in kilos here..and 7 is alot!!! 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • MoemaiMoemai Posts: 329
    i say: WOW:|
  • MoemaiMoemai Posts: 329
    29052_402968164285_601754285_4044045_6173260_n.jpg eddie can't wait for the tour haha :shock: :oops:
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Got a friend with a regular ticket for sale for Belfast if anyone needs one.
    Well, at my parents and have printed out all the hotel, travel and ticket info... not done maps or directions :?
    It's kinda scary to see it all printed out!

Will just have to add the Belfast and London ticket collection info when they are sent out by 10C.
    Packing and moving house are the worst things ever!!

Nevermind coursework, working, exams, interviews and meetings.
    Brisk. wrote:

Yep, I hate packing and moving too
    dottles wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

It's meant to be the most stressful thing I read somewhere.
    Brisk. wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Yeah, along with getting married :lol:
    dottles wrote:

Ohh yeaaah, I'll have to experience that one time 8-)
    Brisk. wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Ohh yeaaah, I'll have to experience that one time 8-)

Me too... but you have more years in which to achieve it :? :lol:
    When do you move?
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    dottles wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    dottles wrote:

I must admit, when i got married, the organising was stressless, the actual day of the wedding was stressless, infact, i had a whole stress free experience, i'd say the only stressfull thing, was having to make my speech(not good at public talking) oh and having to perform on the night of the wedding, if you get what i mean... :lol:
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08