euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i trust all Jenny's plan..we will get drunk and meet..is 8-) all we need..
    Dimitris O' Pearljam
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Be in O'Reilly's for 8pm!

Ok, ok ok... I have a plan for when Sub Lounge/O'Reilly's closes. Btw, I chose that place cos I knew how near you guys were staying to it ;)

Anywho, masterplan for those that want to stay out drinking after 1am... there's a smelly rock bar about 10 minutes walk away (either smelly old Fibbers which is open till 2.30, there's also the new Fibbers but I'm not sure when that closes)

Cool bananas. We should be at O'Reilly's by 11pm... hopefully. When we get there i'll text peeps and see where y'all are :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

Cool bananas. We should be at O'Reilly's by 11pm... hopefully. When we get there i'll text peeps and see where y'all are :D

You have both my numbers, right? Feel free!

Same goes for anyone else, PM for my number if you need it :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:

if start with 0035 i think i got it..cos last year u have and a uk one?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Jennytree wrote:

Yeah I got both your numbers :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    Jennytree wrote:
    Be in O'Reilly's for 8pm!

Ok, ok ok... I have a plan for when Sub Lounge/O'Reilly's closes. Btw, I chose that place cos I knew how near you guys were staying to it ;)

Anywho, masterplan for those that want to stay out drinking after 1am... there's a smelly rock bar about 10 minutes walk away (either smelly old Fibbers which is open till 2.30, there's also the new Fibbers but I'm not sure when that closes)

I just saw the new Fibbers recently! What's it like? Aah... the old one brings me back to the old days, when vs. was just out, and moshing in the sawdust-covered sweaty airlessness to rearviewmirror. Good times!

Anyway, if we can't make either of those, I know it's a bit of a trek from O'Reilly's, but the Portobello is open late every night. 2:30 I think. The music sucks but there's plenty of room.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    edited June 2010
    dottles wrote:
    This thread has muchly cheered me up after I discovered the price of the sunglasses I now really really really want (£300 :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: )
    I had this dilemma a couple pf months back... I decided to take the plunge, buy a cheaper pair that looked pretty much the same and get contact lenses! :lol:
    Are the ones you want prescription?

Yep, prescription - Oakley will not let anyone else put lenses in their frames :cry:
    I have got contacts, but I have a right faff getting them in, apparently I have an unusually strong blink reflex! I can only wear them for 8 - 10 hours at a time as well. Plus, I've worn glasses for so long, it feels very odd not to be wearing any, it doesn't look/feel like me - is that odd??

On a plus note, My philly boots arrived today (well I think it is them, it is a parcel from Kufala according to my Nan and they are the only thing I've ordered other than Boston) and I am going out tonight with the girls from work.

Seems like plans are shaping up for the Dublin pre-party. I'll be in Dublin from the afternoon of the 20th :D
    I can't bloody wait!
    Post edited by dottles on
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

I just saw the new Fibbers recently! What's it like? Aah... the old one brings me back to the old days, when vs. was just out, and moshing in the sawdust-covered sweaty airlessness to rearviewmirror. Good times!

It's pretty nice actually, but it's a bit dark! It doesn't smell, which is good :lol: I've danced to RVM in the old one, manys a good night to be had in there. Think drinks are only €2 in there too on a Monday!
    dottles wrote:
    Yep, prescription - Oakley will not let anyone else put lenses in their frames :cry:
    I have got contacts, but I have a right faff getting them in, apparently I have an usually strong blink reflex! I can only wear them for 8 - 10 hours at a time as well. Plus, I've worn glasses for so long, it feels very odd not to be wearing any, it doesn't look/feel like me - is that odd??

I'm the same, can't wear contacts for too long otherwise my eyes get really dry (unless I'm pissed, oddly enough!) I also like wearing my glasses except when it's really sunny and I have to squint all day. I got my prescription sunglasses a few months ago and they've been a godsend!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Jennytree wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    I have got contacts, but I have a right faff getting them in, apparently I have an usually strong blink reflex! I can only wear them for 8 - 10 hours at a time as well. Plus, I've worn glasses for so long, it feels very odd not to be wearing any, it doesn't look/feel like me - is that odd??

I'm the same, can't wear contacts for too long otherwise my eyes get really dry (unless I'm pissed, oddly enough!) I also like wearing my glasses except when it's really sunny and I have to squint all day. I got my prescription sunglasses a few months ago and they've been a godsend!

I do have some that I've had for a couple of years, but the tint in them is fairly light and I found myself squinting in strong sunlight last year, I figured that it would only be worse in mainland Europe...hence the desire for new ones! I may have found some places on the net that could do them....
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    who is having a few pints the day of the dublin gig?
    is there any plans to meet up on the day? if not who is up for a few? :)
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023

If you don´t mind...I'´m up!!
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
    Sorry guys cant be arsed looking through loads of pages, but do we have meeting up places for a swally before Belfast and Berlin????

There is a meet-up the night before the Belfast gig, but the closest place we could get that would accommodate everyone was in Dublin, at the O2. At least there's a kick-ass band who've agreed to play for our entertainment. I think they play a lot of the same stuff as Pearl Jammed played in Manchester last year. They're probably not quite as good though...

Since it´s my first time in Dublin...What´s the name of the band? They play only PJ stuff or own material as well?
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    how is everybody this fine june evening.

been a good day here, enjoying time with the family at the park, loving this hot day. and got some stuff for my back garden that i'm doing up, and for my brothers wedding.

oh.. and my philly box set arrived.
    now just kicking back with a few beers.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260

been a good day here, enjoying time with the family at the park, loving this hot day. and got some stuff for my back garden that i'm doing up, and for my brothers wedding.

Hey there Robert, hope you're enjoying your boots as much as you've enjoyed your day. I'm saving my boot tokens until after the tour but come July I'll go on a spree and catch up. Not got Philly yet besides mp3's of 3 & 4 which sound amazing and then there's the 2010 ones too!! Wasn't even close to hot up here today. :(
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12

Surprised to hear weather in Scotland apparantly is the same as it is here...hot...
    Enjoy the Philly box!

When´s your brother going to get married?
    26 june.

so i can't go to hyde park, which is why i have to go to belfast, then get home on the thursaday and go to work thursday night, as a shift swap so i can get the day of for my brothers wedding.

it was 21 degrees here today. nice
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    26 june.

so i can't go to hyde park, which is why i have to go to belfast, then get home on the thursaday and go to work thursday night, as a shift swap so i can get the day of for my brothers wedding.

it was 21 degrees here today. nice

Hope the weather´s as nice June 26th as it is now..Sounds loke a busy week for you...Going to Belfast, working the night after and the wedding next...You work night shifts often?

It´s been 25 degrees here today, little too hot for my liking but still...
    yes i work night shift sat night- tue night, for nearly 5 years now. but tesco are building a new supermarket in the town next to my village, so hopefully i'll get a transfer, and only have to travel 3 miles instead of 20 miles, and change to working days. :D
    Wow...that´s a long time...Suppose you´re used to it by now?
    Fingers crossed for the transfer though :)
    yes i'm used to it. in some ways it has its advantages, like today. if i had a day job, i wouldn't have been able to go to the park with my kids, who had a day of school today.
    yes i'm used to it. in some ways it has its advantages, like today. if i had a day job, i wouldn't have been able to go to the park with my kids, who had a day of school today.

That´s a plus...must be tiring though...
  • dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    Lone Wolf wrote:

wah hey :D
    Lone Wolf wrote:

That´s a plus...must be tiring though...
    thats for sure, half the time i go through days as if i'm a zombie :twisted:
    :lol: Hope you get the transfer! When will you know?
    Lone Wolf wrote:

wah hey :D

:D I´m sure there will be more joining in! If they´re not too worn out after the 10C pre party that is :D
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    well the new store is due to open in september somtime, so probably about 4-5 weeks before, i'm guessing
    talked to my personell manager, but she was a bit unsure. unless they want to be a bunch of dicks, all should be okay
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    well the new store is due to open in september somtime, so probably about 4-5 weeks before, i'm guessing
    talked to my personell manager, but she was a bit unsure. unless they want to be a bunch of dicks, all should be okay

So that is quite soon... Hope it´ll work out for you!
    hope so.

so what shows you doing this year, i take it from your last post, your doing ireland, and i assume london(am i right), what else are you doing, just to make me envious.
    Well...feel kinda bad mentioning this but since you asked:
    Dublin, Nijmegen, Berlin and Arras...Been thinking about London but it could become a little too expensive...

With the rate they´re visiting europe the last few years you're bound to get another shot at seeing them...soon... :D