euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    finally finish work after 27 hours,im off to bed..
    Goodmornung Europe.. :)

Morning D...

27 hours?! Pfft... :roll: I'm sure you could've done 28 or maybe 29 if you'd really worked hard... ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    finally finish work after 27 hours,im off to bed..
    Goodmornung Europe.. :)

Morning D...

27 hours?! Pfft... :roll: I'm sure you could've done 28 or maybe 29 if you'd really worked hard... ;)
    i know,im lazy.. :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Morning :D
    I've got today off, 4 day weekend (Monday is a public holiday here) - hurrah!
    I'm still excited, I think booking the train yesterday, which was the final bit of the jigsaw, has culminated in a collective rise in the excitement levels!
    Payday today, no more before the tour (one during!) and they finally paid me my expenses they've owed me since March. :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    I'm absolutely head over heels, butterflies in the stomach excited about the tour now especially after the train bookings yesterday. A whole trainload of PJ freaks descending on Belfast puts a big smile on my face. :mrgreen: Are me and Mrs. Veddertown the only PJ tour virgins on this trip? Everyone seems to have seen the band here but us? :?
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    edited May 2010
    veddertown wrote:
    I'm absolutely head over heels, butterflies in the stomach excited about the tour now especially after the train bookings yesterday. A whole trainload of PJ freaks descending on Belfast puts a big smile on my face. :mrgreen: Are me and Mrs. Veddertown the only PJ tour virgins on this trip? Everyone seems to have seen the band here but us? :?

tell me about it ... saw them four times already but this will be totaly different experience. Finally i wont be put thru that terrible aftershow depression, sadness... Ill get the best cure one can get - seeing them again next day! And this time even boosted by that pj express train ...

It will be a sad Thursday tho .... but still got Berlin next week to wrap it up! :)
    Post edited by alesek on
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
    veddertown wrote:

I've only seen them once before, things conspired against it in the past!
    That's why some times I feel a bit of a lightweight fan on here, someone invading the space of the hardcore if you know what I mean.
    The train has made me smile, although I'm not sure a train full of hungover PJ fans is going to be great for those who've not been drinking the night before! I am going to be a very good girl and not drink too much, my liver will not cope with nigh on three weeks of drinking!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    Ales, I know what you mean about the post show blues, I get them bad after seeing any band/artist who make me smile, not sure how I am going to cope come the 5th July (do have the Black Keys on the 6th....)
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Dublin I will be celebrating reaching double figures :mrgreen: ... my 10th show ... and I too feel like a lightweight around here :oops: :lol:

Hopefully with the gig causing a break in drinking on the 22nd hangovers may not be too bad on the train ... or is that wishful thinking :? :twisted:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Sleep deprivation gets to me more than anything else. I hate being sleepy!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    Afternoon whats everyone up to at the start of this fine weekend

all starting to calm dow after the craziness of booking the pearl jam train ( had a few gigles reading everyonse posts yesterday)

unfortunatley i,m working tomorrow an monday bank holiday ( end of the month time an need to get everything up to date) not that it will stop me being on here all weekend and having a few beers

anyway i,m finding it increasingly hard to concentrate on work an cant help geting drawn back on here to see what everyone up to

god only knows what its going to be like in the last week before we ll meet in dublin ready to tour for a couple weeks :D
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    veddertown wrote:
    u go all for sleep??only me still working?

I wasn't going to go to bed until I had the chance to say......................

:D 1 0 0 0 P O S T S !!!!!!!! :D

See you all on tour you bunch of freakazoids!!!! :lol: Let's all be safe, happy, respectful, fun, loud, entertaining, polite and above all that, friends!!!!

GOODNIGHT!! :thumbup: :wave: :crazy: :lol:

:D:lol: :roll: :shock: :clap: :thumbup:
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    dottles wrote:
    Ales, I know what you mean about the post show blues, I get them bad after seeing any band/artist who make me smile, not sure how I am going to cope come the 5th July (do have the Black Keys on the 6th....)

Yes we do.

Got tickets to see them in Liverpool in November today :D
    dottles wrote:

Yes we do.

Alright, alright, rub it in that you live near a metropolis and have friends!!!
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Yes we do.

:lol:
    edited May 2010
    dottles wrote:

:lol:

:lol: I'm off for lunch in the sunshine alongside the river, under a palm tree, before taking a stroll on the beach :D

;)
    Post edited by dottles on
    dottles wrote:

Leanne,

ur life will change after this experience. We gonna be pumped with tons of energy... everyone will hate us! :)
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Good afternoon, still looking for a pair of Ten Club tickets for the Berlin show. So PM me if you got some good news :)

Looking forward to tonights coheadlining show in Oslo with Dinosaur jr and Built To Spill.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    I must confess to you all that when it comes to drinking the Veddertowns will be the lowest consumers on this tour. She won't be having anything because of the pregnancy of course and I'm a liability once I have too many so anything can happen! :oops: I'll manage a bottle of wine though but after then I'll have the handcuffs on! :lol:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    veddertown wrote:
    I must confess to you all that when it comes to drinking the Veddertowns will be the lowest consumers on this tour. She won't be having anything because of the pregnancy of course and I'm a liability once I have too many so anything can happen! :oops: I'll manage a bottle of wine though but after then I'll have the handcuffs on! :lol:

:lol::lol:
    (Not going to make a comment about the handcuffs...my mind is in the gutter today obviously...)
    alesek wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Leanne,

ur life will change after this experience. We gonna be pumped with tons of energy... everyone will hate us! :)

It's going to be good my friend, tho I think the energy could wane in parts!
    Good afternoon, still looking for a pair of Ten Club tickets for the Berlin show. So PM me if you got some good news :)

Looking forward to tonights coheadlining show in Oslo with Dinosaur jr and Built To Spill.

Saw Dinosaur J two years ago.... briliant. make sure you get good spot sound wise. Being few meters off the sweet spot and you get only wall of noise... Quite crazy what Mascis got behind him when playing.... mean that wall of amplifiers...
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Pke wrote:
    Afternoon whats everyone up to at the start of this fine weekend
    Only a month until Hyde Park but starting off this weekend with a Joe Bonamassa show tonight at the Hammersmith Apollo. Can't wait! :D
  • KarleyKarley Posts: 506
    alesek wrote:
    Good afternoon, still looking for a pair of Ten Club tickets for the Berlin show. So PM me if you got some good news :)

Saw Dinosaur J two years ago.... briliant. make sure you get good spot sound wise. Being few meters off the sweet spot and you get only wall of noise... Quite crazy what Mascis got behind him when playing.... mean that wall of amplifiers...

I saw them twice since their reunion - good advice for sure :mrgreen:
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    ok...i just got back from the beach..we drink ouzo and after mohito..i thoug i go to sleep after work
    ,but fuck it ,if i die im gonna sleep all the time..
    just to say hello and we are close to hug u all fuckers!!
    i love u all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Karley wrote:
    alesek wrote:

I saw them twice since their reunion - good advice for sure :mrgreen:

I've also seen them once and would recommend taking ear plugs just in case. I had them and those that I were with started to worry they had damaged their hearing with how many days it took the ringing in their ears to stop :oops: :twisted: ... someone who came to meet us after the gig said everyone walking out of the venue looked dazed and traumatised :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Bloody irish rail won't take my visa!!! :evil: I'm gonna have to use one of my dads credit cards, Fuck!!! :(
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    Bloody irish rail won't take my visa!!! :evil: I'm gonna have to use one of my dads credit cards, Fuck!!! :(

Is it a visa debit card?
    The rail site will only take visa credit cards or a mastercard.
    (I tried it yesterday and had to use my cc in the end).
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    dottles wrote:

Is it a visa debit card?

Yeah it is a visa debit card but the annoying thing is i can use it everywhere else , :(

eg shops, machines, i could even use it over in the states!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    dottles wrote:

Is it a visa debit card?

Yeah it is a visa debit card but the annoying thing is i can use it everywhere else , :(

eg shops, machines, i could even use it over in the states!

Yep, it will work in cash machines etc and on some international websites, but other sites have their banking set up only to accept credit cards from international buyers, not debit cards, I think in goods on here you can only use a credit card.
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Wolfmother has canceled their dates for Europe