Options

euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    still less than half the uk voted, dont get how you can not care about who is running your country..
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Good morning everyone, the sun is shining, my attempt to have a PJ break before the tour has been ruined again thanks to the Philly boots release, (night 3 playing right now and sounds amazing) and in only 45 days I'll be in Dublin bumping into all you freaks every time I turn a corner. The waiting is painful! :|
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    Well i think we're pretty fooked.

If labour and the Lib Dems had a few more seats they could have formed a coilition but i think the Tories have too many seats. I think it shows that people dont really know who they are voting for, they wanted a change from Labour so they just voted for the 'natural' opposition.

I really thought Lib Dems would have done better but i did think people who swung to them would change their minds at the final hurdle.

These next few years have just got a lot tougher i feel.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Still need to see how many seats they all end up with and what margin between the top two. See what deal labour (or the conservatives) can do. It's still so up in the air on how all this will end!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Brisk. wrote:
    still less than half the uk voted, dont get how you can not care about who is running your country..

not true amigo.... under 18s and other such exemptions aren't obviously allowed to vote... so you can't expect 60million votes... the 30million votes cast acount for about 65% of the total votes eligible to be counted.. so clearly that is more than half of the UK
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Hey I know this has been the shittest election for a long while but cheer up everybody. Summer is around the corner and when the first notes of Release, Go, Sometimes, Long Road, Why Go or Oceans or whatever lights the starting candles in Dublin hits us full in the face we'll all be unified in a perfect moment and not caring about any of this for a few hours. You just don't get that kind of feelings with politics and that is why we have music. With no music we'd probably all go insane. Worrying about politics makes your hair go grey or fall out and then everyone would look like me. We really don't want that. Have a nice day everyone and smile :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    So it looks like Clegg is gonna talk to Tories first but the conservatives won't support an electral reform which is what the Lib Dems want as it means they will be a bigger force in politics from then on.

Some are talking about Cameron running a minority government with out Lib Dem support for a year or so and then we will have another election.

3rd alternative is Lab - Lib Dem coilition which will see a reform which i think maybe the best option. I dont think Labour will support a reform at any other time as it favours them and they dont want another centre-left party being able to gain a lot of their support.

Interesting times.

What would everyone like to see?
  • Options
    The thing is, the onus is first on Brown to see what he can do. Should he not be able to get what he needs, then he resigns and Cameron can do his thing (which will probably be what happens). I really don't want to see the lib dems in bed with the conservatives. Too many of their policies are contradictory and I can't really see that working - a very unholy alliance. If labour get the support of the Lib Dems, they are still short of a majority anyway. I would rather see Brown in no 10 than Cameron.

At the risk of repeating myself... I would really like proportional representation - therefore electoral reform!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    The thing is, the onus is first on Brown to see what he can do. Should he not be able to get what he needs, then he resigns and Cameron can do his thing (which will probably be what happens). I really don't want to see the lib dems in bed with the conservatives. Too many of their policies are contradictory and I can't really see that working - a very unholy alliance. If labour get the support of the Lib Dems, they are still short of a majority anyway. I would rather see Brown in no 10 than Cameron.

At the risk of repeating myself... I would really like proportional representation - therefore electoral reform!

No a lib dem / lab government is not a mjority and its being suggested labour also bringing the scottish national party on board to up the numbers to rival Tory. The constitution says the governmnet has a right to form a new one even with less seats then conservatives.

There are also talks about recounts in some areas due to the mass turn out. It might be a while before this gets solved. Another election next year is looking a very possible out come.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

No a lib dem / lab government is not a mjority and its being suggested labour also bringing the scottish national party on board to up the numbers to rival Tory. The constitution says the governmnet has a right to form a new one even with less seats then conservatives.

There are also talks about recounts in some areas due to the mass turn out. It might be a while before this gets solved. Another election next year is looking a very possible out come.

It's a duty for the incumbent prime minister to stay in place until 'deals' have been made and it's obvious which combination will have the most support. What I was saying about the lib dem/labour coalition is that it is not big enough to command an overall majority. I could be big enough though to equal the number of seats the conservatives have.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    dunkman wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

not true amigo.... under 18s and other such exemptions aren't obviously allowed to vote... so you can't expect 60million votes... the 30million votes cast acount for about 65% of the total votes eligible to be counted.. so clearly that is more than half of the UK

Oh yeah i just thought about that!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    redrock wrote:

It's a duty for the incumbent prime minister to stay in place until 'deals' have been made and it's obvious which combination will have the most support. What I was saying about the lib dem/labour coalition is that it is not big enough to command an overall majority. I could be big enough though to equal the number of seats the conservatives have.

Personaly i think Lab / Lib should get together, reform the electrote and then have another, fairer election later this year / early next year and see what that brings. In saying that tho i do think the Tories under this electral process should have the first crack at forming something, its what i would say if Labour was in their position.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    so,u find the solution in UK or u need greek politicians to come to solve all of your problems?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    so,u find the solution in UK or u need greek politicians to come to solve all of your problems?

:lol:

Wont be solved for a good while yet mate. Good possibility that we may have to have another election this year or next year. Its all up in the air, we really dont know what is gonna happen and it might be next week before we can start making a firm educated guess.
  • Options
    i just see the news about UK election..this is the most stupid law u have there..
    when the results is the way a party cant make goverment by itself,the law says that the one has the chance first to make a goverment is the previous prime minister ,no matter if he is second in the last night results..
    this means that Brown has the chance first to make a goverment if he find the seats and not the one won the elections!!!..unbeliavable..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i just see the news about UK election..this is the most stupid law u have there..
    when the results is the way a party cant make goverment by itself,the law says that the one has the chance first to make a goverment is the previous prime minister ,no matter if he is second in the last night results..
    this means that Brown has the chance first to make a goverment if he find the seats and not the one won the elections!!!..unbeliavable..

we're going to look to Greece for our electoral reforms in the future... you know, have a system like yours Dimi... mountainous debt, rioting in the streets, strikes... etc

;);)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

we're going to look to Greece for our electoral reforms in the future... you know, have a system like yours Dimi... mountainous debt, rioting in the streets, strikes... etc

;);)
    yep,we here still can do strikes,go in the streets,fight for their rights.try to pressure goverment..to take back laws thats against people.voices can be heard.people change their lifes in the streets with blood,not with ipods... ;) .let me think...how it called?....oh yes...Democracy...and im trying hard here...mmm...and there are some called Greeks bring that to the planet... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

;);)
    yep,we here still can do strikes,go in the streets,fight for their rights.try to pressure goverment..to take back laws thats against people.voices can be heard.people change their lifes in the streets with blood,not with ipods... ;) .let me think...how it called?....oh yes...Democracy...and im trying hard here...mmm...and there are some called Greeks bring that to the planet... :mrgreen:

Greeks did bring democracy to the planet. They brought a lot of things. Right now they are bringing huge financial uncertainty and petrol bombs. :twisted: :twisted:

anyway, Scotland invented Greece. ;)

Brown can form a govt with another 'supporting' party as he would then have the majority of the seats. Conservative don't have that majority so even if they were in 'power' no laws would ever get through as Labour and Lib Dems would just vote against them... thats where a coalition govt will come into effect... Labour and Lib Dems have a 'similar' viewpoint on policies... Conservatives don't really have that kind of ally within the UK system. it's the only downfall of not having a 2 party system.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

Brown can form a govt with another 'supporting' party as he would then have the majority of the seats. Conservative don't have that majority so even if they were in 'power' no laws would ever get through as Labour and Lib Dems would just vote against them... thats where a coalition govt will come into effect... Labour and Lib Dems have a 'similar' viewpoint on policies... Conservatives don't really have that kind of ally within the UK system. it's the only downfall of not having a 2 party system.
    i know..here we have the same law,that they have to get help for another party,to make goverment..i say that isnt right,not to give to the winner of the elections.to have the chance First to make goverment..
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Pretty pleased that the Green Party got their first ever seat.

Where I am Conservative won :(
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:
    Pretty pleased that the Green Party got their first ever seat.

Where I am Conservative won :(

Me too on both accounts.
  • Options
    The Green Party getting a seat is just beyond funny for me... what a complete waste of a vote.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    The Green Party getting a seat is just beyond funny for me... what a complete waste of a vote.

No it's really not :roll:
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

+1
  • Options

Personaly i think Lab / Lib should get together, reform the electrote and then have another, fairer election later this year / early next year and see what that brings.

I agree. Reform the process. That would also satisfy Dimitris. D.. no one 'won' the election as no one has an overall majority. More seats doesn't count. A reform into PR (as lib dems want), would be much fairer.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    I agree. Reform the process. That would also satisfy Dimitris. D.. no one 'won' the election as no one has an overall majority. More seats doesn't count. A reform into PR (as lib dems want), would be much fairer.

Agree
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

Personaly i think Lab / Lib should get together, reform the electrote and then have another, fairer election later this year / early next year and see what that brings.

i mean the one gets the more votes,he deserve to have the first move
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

welcome to the primary school world of debate. quantify the reasons amigo or it's just going to be me saying "yeah it really is" and then you saying "no, it's really not"

well... what can she do to aid the reform of our country when the Green party only has one seat? It's akin to the BNP having one seat... no-one will take them seriously anyway.

The Green Party has it's head in the clouds man... they couldn't run a tap never mind a government.

it's a wasted vote. Like Martin Bell all those years ago... standing up for anti-sleaze... 15 years later we have the expenses scandal.
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

+1

= 0
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

i mean the one gets the more votes,he deserve to have the first move

I think it has to do with continuity until things sorted so the government doesn't fall. May not be fair, but it's the way it is. Proof again of the need for a reform.