euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    dottles wrote:
    Paris - Orly airport,,anyone fly in th past there ?and easy to go to paris and take the train to Arras?

Yes, it's the closest airport to Arras apparantly and about an hour away by train...
    (my friend went to the WW2 cemetaries at Arras)

And be warned folks, its not the cheapest train ride ever
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    Paris - Orly airport,,anyone fly in th past there ?and easy to go to paris and take the train to Arras?

Yes, it's the closest airport to Arras apparantly and about an hour away by train...

And be warned folks, its not the cheapest train ride ever

Got an estimated price Phil?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    Sorry yes, was meant to put it in. I looked at trains and the furthest date I could book was in April and it was £68 return so not terrible but more than some of our flights.
    Blinking eck, for a couple of hours on a train!!
    Ah well, it's got to be done..and my hotel in Arras doesn't even have a jacuzzi! :lol:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    dottles wrote:

Arras is North of Paris
    Paris Orly is on the south side of Paris, takes about 45 mins by train into central paris.
    Paris CDG is on the north side of paris, has a train station, but you need to go into Paris Nord startion, to get a train to arras . CDG is an ugly hole of an airport :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    dottles wrote:
    Ah well, it's got to be done..and my hotel in Arras doesn't even have a jacuzzi! :lol:

Sorry, just to break your heart further its £87 :o
    dottles wrote:

Arras is North of Paris
    Paris Orly is on the south side of Paris, takes about 45 mins by train into central paris.
    Paris CDG is on the north side of paris, has a train station, but you need to go into Paris Nord startion, to get a train to arras . CDG is an ugly hole of an airport :lol:

Cool, thanks for that! My mate must have been talking rubbish!
    oh, and if you book through the french railways, it is 12 euro :D and 50 mins from Paris Nord
    http://www.voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_Sv ... HomepageUK

it is in french, but you can work it out :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Sorry, just to break your heart further its £87 :o

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    I may well be camping with you guys..got any room :lol:
    Oh and by the way thats for 3 of us. You can kill me after the tour :D
    philthehip wrote:

Oi!!! :lol::lol: my heart is fragile enough tonight without that :lol:
    I will get my own back ;)
  • dottles wrote:

What? No Jacuzzi?
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

Oi!!! :lol::lol: my heart is fragile enough tonight without that :lol:
    I will get my own back ;)

Sorrrrry ;)
  • philthehip wrote:

:lol: Was just gonna say it aint gonna be that much for an hours journey :roll:
    dottles wrote:

What? No Jacuzzi?

No, only in London, awful isn'it!
    I best make the most of it there :lol:
    also, for 17 euro, and saving yourself the trip into paris (for probably 5 euro or more :lol: ) there is a tgv train from Aeroport Paris-Charles de Gaulle TGV to arras direct. Takes 39 minutes :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• also, for 17 euro, and saving yourself the trip into paris (for probably 5 euro or more :lol: ) there is a tgv train from Aeroport Paris-Charles de Gaulle TGV to arras direct. Takes 39 minutes :D
    can u put all in one post.. :lol::lol: i confused!!!!!...ok,,,i see that the cheapest flight i can get is to paris Orly..so from where any link to see?or trains timetable..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

What? No Jacuzzi?

I guess you will :lol:
    also, for 17 euro, and saving yourself the trip into paris (for probably 5 euro or more :lol: ) there is a tgv train from Aeroport Paris-Charles de Gaulle TGV to arras direct. Takes 39 minutes :D
    can u put all in one post.. :lol::lol: i confused!!!!!...ok,,,i see that the cheapest flight i can get is to paris Orly..so from where any link to see?or trains timetable..

D, you'd need to get a train from Orly airport into Paris city centre, then another train to Arras.
    http://www.raileurope.co.uk/Default.aspx?tabid=36
    dottles wrote:

What? No Jacuzzi?

I guess you will :lol:

Lush bath bombs at the ready! :lol:

i keep on finding new info, and the speed this thread moves, it would not be seen :roll:

if the cheapest flight is into Orly, then you can get the RER train to Paris Nord.
    From Paris Nord, you can get the TGV direct to Arras. At a guess, should not cost you more than 20 Euro

I have flown in and out of Paris a few times, both Orly and CDG. both are about the same distance from the city

this is the website for the french railways. In french :roll:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• also, for 17 euro, and saving yourself the trip into paris (for probably 5 euro or more :lol: ) there is a tgv train from Aeroport Paris-Charles de Gaulle TGV to arras direct. Takes 39 minutes :D

i keep on finding new info, and the speed this thread moves, it would not be seen :roll:

if the cheapest flight is into Orly, then you can get the RER train to Paris Nord.
    From Paris Nord, you can get the TGV direct to Arras. At a guess, should not cost you more than 20 Euro

I have flown in and out of Paris a few times, both Orly and CDG. both are about the same distance from the city

this is the website for the french railways. In french :roll:
    Thanks,im ok with paris nord - arras trains,,need to find from orly airport to paris nort the way
    im searching this link for infos
    http://www.discoverfrance.net/France/Tr ... ris2.shtml
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Thanks,im ok with paris nord - arras trains,,need to find from orly airport to paris nort the way

AS i said, you can get the RER train from Orly to Paris Nord direct.
    it is the Orlyval + RER-B option on that page you posted. The orlyval is a above ground train that stops at all airport terminals and the RER station.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Thanks,im ok with paris nord - arras trains,,need to find from orly airport to paris nort the way

AS i said, you can get the RER train from Orly to Paris Nord direct.
    it is the Orlyval + RER-B option on that page you posted. The orlyval is a above ground train that stops at all airport terminals and the RER station.
    Awesome thank,i check it in train.maps its easy...thanks again..
    btw u doing berlin+Werchter right?
    yeah might go to arras, but probably doing all 4 days at werchter, as it is always an awesome festival.
    i am flying berlin to brussels the morning after the berlin show :o
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• good morning..
  • yeah might go to arras, but probably doing all 4 days at werchter, as it is always an awesome festival.

How much do you pay for flight from Berlin to Brussel? I will do Friday and Sunday at Werchter and Arras on Saturday. Someone who got the timetable for trains from Brussel to Arras?
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • yeah might go to arras, but probably doing all 4 days at werchter, as it is always an awesome festival.

How much do you pay for flight from Berlin to Brussel? I will do Friday and Sunday at Werchter and Arras on Saturday. Someone who got the timetable for trains from Brussel to Arras?
    http://www.bonjourlafrance.com/trains_B ... nformation
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    I imagine I'll spend more than a few nights watching World Cup on some big tv screen instead of going to see shows. Even when hanging around Werchter for those 4 days.

This will be my most anti-social tour since I was all shy back in Japan 2003.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • berlin - brussels - easy jet 27.49 € at 7:05 in the morning..later is more expensive