euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• I've never had absinthe either but then again i have common sense :D
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Absinthe was illegal here until not so long ago.
    I don't think it's as strong now as it used to be.
    We had murky green and then red absinthe at his birthday. No idea what the difference was, but it was very strong.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    dottles wrote:
    We had murky green and then red absinthe at his birthday. No idea what the difference was, but it was very strong.

Ah...I see...It´s weird though, with all the stuff that IS available here, to ban absinthe.
    What does it taste like?
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
    I've never had absinthe either but then again i have common sense :D

:lol: Yeah, my family can drink when needed, I think it is the Irish heritage :lol::lol:

Ever had Czech Becherovka? That stuff can be lethal as well...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    I've never had absinthe either but then again i have common sense :D

:D It´s good to expand your horizon sometimes though...even if it makes you feel sick afterwards :mrgreen:
  • dottles wrote:

:lol: Yeah, my family can drink when needed, I think it is the Irish heritage :lol::lol:

Ever had Czech Becherovka? That stuff can be lethal as well...

Never heard of it.
    Lone Wolf wrote:

:D It´s good to expand your horizon sometimes though...even if it makes you feel sick afterwards :mrgreen:

Your not wrong there mate.
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Ah...I see...It´s weird though, with all the stuff that IS available here, to ban absinthe.
    What does it taste like?

I will be honest matey, I couldn't tell you what is tasted like, I just downed it!
    According to Wikipedia, it is legal in the Netherlands, has been since 2005 but within EU alcohol laws for it's distilling...
    No idea what it tastes like cause you just downed it? :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    So it´s not illegal here? Thanks for that!

I remember there was a discussion here not so long ago, politicians being worried about the use of absinthe...
    Though there´s only a very small group of people drinking it :roll:
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    No idea what it tastes like cause you just downed it? :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    So it´s not illegal here? Thanks for that!

I remember there was a discussion here not so long ago, politicians being worried about the use of absinthe...
    Though there´s only a very small group of people drinking it :roll:

Yeah, I'd had 4 bottles of Magners cider and half a bottle of JD before I drank the absinthe, so just downed it...
    Sounds like I got my work cut out for me next June :mrgreen:
    Better start practicing soon!!
    Lone Wolf wrote:

No, I'm 30 now, I was 29 then! :mrgreen::lol: (and by the time of Berlin I'll be 31 :D )
  • dottles wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

No, I'm 30 now, I was 29 then! :mrgreen::lol: (and by the time of Berlin I'll be 31 :D )

That's still young
    dottles wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

I´m slightly worried still ;)
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

You'll be just fine, I'll make sure of that :D

Dave how old are you?
  • dottles wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    dottles wrote:

You'll be just fine, I'll make sure of that :D

Dave how old are you?

Nearly 25 going on 70 :lol:
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Evening peeps. Dave is G planning on coming to Arras with us?

Oh so young!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    edited January 2010
    dottles wrote:

i believe the original absinthe had wormwood in it which is hallucinogenic, the stuff you get now has less alcohol and no wormwood. it's not the same thing, really...

...though having just read the Wikipedia page i might be talking guff... :lol:
    Post edited by jrd on
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • dottles wrote:

Oh so young!

Hardley much of a difference :roll:

Only as old as you let your self be.
  • philthehip wrote:

Needs a little arm twisting mate...
  • dottles wrote:

Oh so young!

u cant buy experience young boy 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    philthehip wrote:

I will work on him ;)
  • philthehip wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

I will work on him ;)
    just about to ask..where was u?..so how was shooting?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottles wrote:

Oh so young!

Sorry Grandad :lol:

And D is a perfect example of not letting age slow you down ;)
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    ...and you can't buy young boys without getting arrested! :D
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush wrote:
    That all depends on what country your in :lol:
    goldrush wrote:

:shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    dottles wrote:

Oh so young!

So not as old as the woman you feel then, which is the rule some of my males friends go by!
  • Paris - Orly airport,,anyone fly in th past there ?and easy to go to paris and take the train to Arras?
    Paris - Orly airport,,anyone fly in th past there ?and easy to go to paris and take the train to Arras?

Yes, it's the closest airport to Arras apparantly and about an hour away by train...
    (my friend went to the WW2 cemetaries at Arras)