Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    My cable went out with 15 minutes left and I couldn't get the antenna working. COME ON!!!!
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Gob wrote:
    My cable went out with 15 minutes left and I couldn't get the antenna working. COME ON!!!!
    You've made a huge mistake... :lol:
    (Sorry, had to...)
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Gob wrote:
    (Sorry, had to...)
    Any idea what time they put the episode online???
  • Options
    Gob wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Gob wrote:
    (Sorry, had to...)
    Any idea what time they put the episode online???
    No clue...I don't think it's til after midnight EST, prob.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Well that one wasn't my favorite, but it was OK. I like that in the alt-timeline it doesnt appear to be character-centric anymore and it seems like they'll all be together soon and then who knows what will happen.

I dont like that we didnt learn too much today, but I guess why start now. ;)

I suppose a few questions to come from it are:
    1. Which side is Widmore on? He did launch the attack on Locke, but also seems to have turned on the gang as well.

2. Is Desmond alive? I'm putting my $$ on yes

3. Is Jack dead and claimed by Locke? I doubt it, but he didn't look too good at the end there

4. Why did they not plan ahead so there would be no breaks? No lost next week + St Louis PJ show = no lost for me for 15 days!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    i skip all the comments cos i just put it for download... :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    drsluggo wrote:
    Well that one wasn't my favorite, but it was OK. I like that in the alt-timeline it doesnt appear to be character-centric anymore and it seems like they'll all be together soon and then who knows what will happen.

1. Which side is Widmore on? He did launch the attack on Locke, but also seems to have turned on the gang as well.

3. Is Jack dead and claimed by Locke? I doubt it, but he didn't look too good at the end there

4. Why did they not plan ahead so there would be no breaks? No lost next week + St Louis PJ show = no lost for me for 15 days!!

That's funny because I enjoyed that episode. While I'm still not a sideways fan, this was interesting and I, too, liked how all the characters were together in the sideways world.

It finally feels like it is leading to something and not just treading water.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,405
    drsluggo wrote:

Widmore is on Widmore's side only(whatever his motivation may be, he is not there to help anyone, especially the Losties, look what he did with Desmond, father of his grandson), he's not a good dude methinks.
    I think Desmond is alive, and it seemed the old Sayid may have resurfaced in his encounter with Mocke (the way he said "you can check for yourself" seemed unzombielike)...plus where was Sayid when Widmore's bombs hit, he hadn't returned with Faucke.
    Jack can't be dead...I stand by may assertion that he ends up being the hero at the end after 5 seasons of whiney bitchery.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

That's funny because I enjoyed that episode. While I'm still not a sideways fan, this was interesting and I, too, liked how all the characters were together in the sideways world.

It finally feels like it is leading to something and not just treading water.
    I am so happy you finally liked an episode! Seriously! No snarky undertone here. I know how badly it sucks to trudge through a show you feel compelled to watch but that isn't really moving you. So, hopefully it was nice to get those old feelings back again! :D (And now we don't all have to yell at you! :twisted: )

I loved the episode too, but I definitely need to rewatch for the details that I missed. (Distracted by NHL and NBA playoff games :? )

And man, who else was disappointed when Claire didn't just blast Kate away with the shotgun when she wouldn't stop running her mouth?? I feel like they are just toying with those of us who can't wait to see Kate bite it now! :lol:
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    Poncier wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:

Widmore is on Widmore's side only(whatever his motivation may be, he is not there to help anyone, especially the Losties, look what he did with Desmond, father of his grandson), he's not a good dude methinks.
    I think Desmond is alive, and it seemed the old Sayid may have resurfaced in his encounter with Mocke (the way he said "you can check for yourself" seemed unzombielike)...plus where was Sayid when Widmore's bombs hit, he hadn't returned with Faucke.
    Jack can't be dead...I stand by may assertion that he ends up being the hero at the end after 5 seasons of whiney bitchery.

I agree, Widmoe seems to be on his own team. And about Sayid too. Desmond, outside of his creepy talk with Claire in the sideways world, is acting/talking very Jacob like.

I really thought it was going to come down to Jack vs Flocke at the end, and the last scene is with both of them sitting on the beach like the first Jacob/MIB episode. Now Desmond kind of has me doubting that.

Either way for a setup episode, I thought it was OK.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    i love the episode,just watch it..the best part is u cant fuckin choose which side u take!!!!and really which are there???brilliant tv series.,..the best ever!!!!
    i like san and jin scene
    and my favorite character never dies!!!!come on. brothaaa
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I don't know why Flocke telling Jack that he was "playing" his father suprised me, but it did. It must have been getting an actual reasonable question followed by an actual answer :lol:

That does not happen that often...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Is it just me or does Lost have more commercial breaks than any other 1 hour show?
  • Options
    Is it just me or does Lost have more commercial breaks than any other 1 hour show?
    Commercials never bother me, except when watching Lost. Of couse everything else I watch on DVR....
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    I thought Sun and Jin were gonna get fried by that perimeter fence
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Yes, we now know that Christian was really dead and that MIB can only take the form of dead people whose bodies are on the island so that would explain Christian being on the island as well as Eko's brother, and I know there are others too, just can't remember which ones - the leader of the Dharma initiative that Locke talked to early on in the jungle.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I thought Sun and Jin were gonna get fried by that perimeter fence
    I had that thought as well. Zoebitch had just said "turn off the fence", so it could have taken a minute for whoever to flip the switch and Sun and Jin were on a collision course to meet right at the fence.
    Post edited by Poncier on
  • Options
    Yes, we now know that Christian was really dead and that MIB can only take the form of dead people whose bodies are on the island so that would explain Christian being on the island as well as Eko's brother, and I know there are others too, just can't remember which ones - the leader of the Dharma initiative that Locke talked to early on in the jungle.
    The wife of Juliet's lover whose name is escaping me...
    So if he was out of the old house with the dust surrounding it... who was in the house? :shock: and who broke the circle?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    So now the question...who is taking Christian's form off island?
    If Faucke can't leave the island, it can't be him...so who? Jacob I would have to presume.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    If Faucke can't leave the island, it can't be him...so who? Jacob I would have to presume.
    That's a really good question. I was thinking last night about how they see a lot of the dead people in dreams (Yemi, Horace, etc) and those dreams lead them in their daily adventures, so who is that? Can Smokey affect dreams too?
  • Options
    The wife of Juliet's lover whose name is escaping me...
    So if he was out of the old house with the dust surrounding it... who was in the house? :shock: and who broke the circle?

hmmmm.......... one answer, many more questions left to be answered. Could it have been Jacob? And the ashes around the cabin was to protect Jacob from MIB?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    That's a really good question. I was thinking last night about how they see a lot of the dead people in dreams (Yemi, Horace, etc) and those dreams lead them in their daily adventures, so who is that? Can Smokey affect dreams too?

Yes, that is a good question. It seems like it would have to be Jacob.

And as minor as it may be, I wonder about the black horse that Kate saw. Was that just a horse that actually lived on the island, or was it something else? We know (at least I think we know) that the polar bears were there as a result of the dharma experiments. But no explanation for the horse.
  • Options
    Perhaps the horse and Kate (Katherine Austen) is a little Catherine the Great reference for pure amusement sake. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Desmond has to have been jakob. That's what I'm thinking and syiad is now Jakob. Remember, once Jakob or fakeLock talks to you, they got you....
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:

I really thought it was going to come down to Jack vs Flocke at the end, and the last scene is with both of them sitting on the beach like the first Jacob/MIB episode. Now Desmond kind of has me doubting that.

I like this idea!
  • Options
    I don't know why Flocke telling Jack that he was "playing" his father suprised me, but it did. It must have been getting an actual reasonable question followed by an actual answer :lol:

Yeah I was like, "Ohy yeah, that makes sense." I was surprised by that too.
  • Options

It's the only 1 hour show that I watch (on commercial tv) but it does have a lot! I feel like every time a character pauses or there is a milisecond break in a conversation that it is going to cut to commercial...and I am usually right!
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    rrivers wrote:

Yeah I was like, "Ohy yeah, that makes sense." I was surprised by that too.
    Yeah, he gave an honest answer about being the one who appeared as Jack's father but somehow I don't think the reason was so they could find fresh water. Mocke's motives hardly seem to be humanitarian.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    rrivers wrote:

It's the only 1 hour show that I watch (on commercial tv) but it does have a lot! I feel like every time a character pauses or there is a milisecond break in a conversation that it is going to cut to commercial...and I am usually right!
    I noticed this a few weeks ago. Waaaay too many commercials!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    Desmond has to have been jakob. That's what I'm thinking and syiad is now Jakob. Remember, once Jakob or fakeLock talks to you, they got you....
    The thing with that... Richard talked to MIB first but then joined with Jacob. I don't get it myself - that whole 'once they talk to you they have you thing.'

I mean... Sawyer has double-crossed MIB, Jack isnt on board, etc. I don't quite get it...