Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    the wolf wrote:
    Yeah, Sayid has been one of my favorites since the start, I don't like him all Zombie like. :?
    Same here. I liked him from the beginning. Remember him chatting with Hurley about the Gulf War? ("I was in the Republican Guard." :shock: ) Never quite got the thing with Shannon, although I guess a guy's options are limited on a desert island. :P

But he's so creepy and awful now. I don't know how to feel about him. :problem: :think:
    Speaking of Shannon, will that bitch make a return or did she end up on the island by freak accident?
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Speaking of Shannon, will that bitch make a return or did she end up on the island by freak accident?
    After the premier of the season Damon&Carlton said they wanted Shannon on the plane w/ Boone but she was already doing something else so they hoped to get her in somewhere but didnt know if they would or what capacity they would... so I guess they might have missed the boat on using her? Or maybe she'll be one of the 'cutesy' alt-reality things they are doing with the 'non-main' characters.
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    rrivers wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Yeah, if someone tells themself something that many times and goes on record saying something sucks, their viewing experience is fairly predetermined.

After seeing the show decline every week and, at this point, actually dreading watching the show this is somewhat true. That being said, if the show was actually engaging and interesting and not the same thing every week (Look! Sawyer's a good guy! Desmond and Widmore are friends! Jack's a good father! Hurley's lucky! We get it: things are different in the "sideways world".) I would be more than willing to enjoy it.

or you'd be on here complaining that they should show more of what it was like for other major characters in the 'sideways world' ;)
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    HeavyHands wrote:
    On another note: Raise your hand if you expected Mocke to throw Desmond in the well.

*hand raised*

Although unfortunate for Desmond, it couldn't have been more obvious that #the man in black/Locke# was going to do it.

The thing that will really get you going is: Why did Desmond let him do it? I'm pretty sure Desmond knew he was going to get thrown in there.

Way I figure is Desmond, Widmore, Jacob, the Man in Black, and Eloise are the only ones who have a view of the big picture right now.

do ya think benjamin will save locke in the sideways world?

i laughed out loud when it showed desmond racing away :lol: they should've had some spy music soundtrack
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• Options
    He's definitely alive. The preview for the next episode showed him alive at the bottom of the well.

Oh, OK. They don't show previews for the next episode on Hulu. I thought the reason they had him drop the torch into the well was to show it'd be unsurvivable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjtT648Gilg
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,563
    the wolf wrote:
    Yeah, Sayid has been one of my favorites since the start, I don't like him all Zombie like. :?
    Same here. I liked him from the beginning. Remember him chatting with Hurley about the Gulf War? ("I was in the Republican Guard." :shock: ) Never quite got the thing with Shannon, although I guess a guy's options are limited on a desert island. :P

But he's so creepy and awful now. I don't know how to feel about him. :problem: :think:

i heard that she was coming back. Don't know for sure.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,563
    Just about the time I was starting to warm up to Ilana she blows herself up!

I guess she seemed peripheral to me until the point where she forgave Ben. I was starting to look forward to her back story. Although maybe we'll still get it.
    I didn't know if she'd make it till the end but I thought she'd have a fairly significant part to play. Killing her off so unexpectedly kind of brought me back to that good old Lost feeling of WOAH.

yea i liked that.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    rrivers wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Yeah, if someone tells themself something that many times and goes on record saying something sucks, their viewing experience is fairly predetermined.

After seeing the show decline every week and, at this point, actually dreading watching the show this is somewhat true. That being said, if the show was actually engaging and interesting and not the same thing every week (Look! Sawyer's a good guy! Desmond and Widmore are friends! Jack's a good father! Hurley's lucky! We get it: things are different in the "sideways world".) I would be more than willing to enjoy it.

or you'd be on here complaining that they should show more of what it was like for other major characters in the 'sideways world' ;)

Um, no, because the quote of mine you reference mentions part of the show I liked. It really amazes me how you people feel so threatened by anything negative said about this show. If you watched the show objectively and didn't try to justify it to yourselves you would see how far it has fallen or at the very least be able to take it when someone says they didn't like an episode.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    edited April 2010
    rrivers wrote:

Um, no, because the quote of mine you reference mentions part of the show I liked. It really amazes me how you people feel so threatened by anything negative said about this show. If you watched the show objectively and didn't try to justify it to yourselves you would see how far it has fallen or at the very least be able to take it when someone says they didn't like an episode.

Uh oh....."you people" has been invoked. :?
    In all seriousness, I feel that this conversation is not going to go anywhere just because at the core of it is the fact that some people just watch TV/films differently. Some people enjoy criticizing the things they watch (this is not a dig at you) and enjoy debating the relative merits of a piece even if they speak harshly about it. Other people just enjoy being able to take in a TV show/film as it is presented and enjoy a bit of escapism, and while they discuss the piece, they may be more apt to simply enjoy it for what it is. This divide becomes particularly evident with cult TV shows such as Lost, or The Wire for example. People become fiercely devoted to the show and can become apologists of a sort, fighting for "their show" when dissenting opinions are raised. I think long running cult series just become a treasured piece of art for some people, it is just impossible to look at things objectively, as you say. In fact, you can't view anything objectively by nature of the media/viewing experience. So anyway, that's my two cents.
    I completely respect your right to voice complaints or fears about the direction of the show. But when it becomes antagonistic and contrarian, it makes it quite difficult to take.
    Post edited by cdp1223 on
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    at the end of a roller coaster, there are no more big drops or wicked turns.....you just coast in level to the platform and say "damn that was a good ride". if you think of it like that, and if they have the biggest freefall of the ride at the end, what is that going to accomplish?..besides just people wanting more and feeling sad at the end that its over. there will be no book, no movie, so the train is pulling into the station and the ride is coming to an end.
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

In all seriousness, I feel that this conversation is not going to go anywhere just because at the core of it is the fact that some people just watch TV/films differently. Some people enjoy criticizing the things they watch (this is not a dig at you) and enjoy debating the relative merits of a piece even if they speak harshly about it. Other people just enjoy being able to take in a TV show/film as it is presented and enjoy a bit of escapism, and while they discuss the piece, they may be more apt to simply enjoy it for what it is. This divide becomes particularly evident with cult TV shows such as Lost, or The Wire for example. People become fiercely devoted to the show and can become apologists of a sort, fighting for "their show" when dissenting opinions are raised. I think long running cult series just become a treasured piece of art for some people, it is just impossible to look at things objectively, as you say. In fact, you can't view anything objectively by nature of the media/viewing experience. So anyway, that's my two cents.
    I completely respect your right to voice complaints or fears about the direction of the show. But when it becomes antagonistic and contrarian, it makes it quite difficult to take.

Very well put. I never meant to be antagonist, nor did I post negative things for attention or to be a troll. I simply stated problems I have with the show. Being the only person many weeks voicing displeasure with the show would make me contrarian to what everyone else thinks. You make good points about how people view media (i.e. being fiercely loyal). I've been on both sides where everything a show, band, etc. does I want to defend (as Pearl Jam fans I'm sure we all can relate to that!) and obviously, in this case, I find fault with Lost. I am glad many people here are still enjoying the show and, frankly, am jealous because I used to look forward to this show so much. Hopefully in the future we can debate the show more civilly. I will certainly make an effort on my end. Cheers! :D
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 499
    cdp1223 wrote:

Very well put. I now admire you.
    And I don't give a damn if someone doesn't like the show anymore. Nor do I care if they look down upon me for doing so.
    Lost has been batsh*t crazy from the pilot episode. Why would it change now?
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
    2024 Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2
  • Options
    Glad my points were well received. I didn't intend to "speak for the group" but I felt like there was just a disconnect in viewing habits, rather than any actual animosity so I wanted to speak up.
    Man, I've got the warm n fuzzies for you guys now. :lol: Let's never fight again!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,400
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Man, I've got the warm n fuzzies for you guys now. :lol: Let's never fight again!
    At least not until next Tuesday night when half of us are happy Kate paraded around jail in a thong in a sideways flash and the other half are pissed cause Kate had dialogue.

:mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:
    At least not until next Tuesday night when half of us are happy Kate paraded around jail in a thong in a sideways flash and the other half are pissed cause Kate had dialogue.

HA!!!
    Man....I hope she bites it. Big Time!
    (But not before that jail thong scene you mention up yonder.... :think: :shock:
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Glad my points were well received. I didn't intend to "speak for the group" but I felt like there was just a disconnect in viewing habits, rather than any actual animosity so I wanted to speak up.

To quote Cartman, "You guys are my best friends!"

Great job mediating, cdp1223!!!!
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Poncier wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:

Haha. When are they going to kill Kate off anyway! After all, she isn't even a candidate!

Bracing myself for the attack. :-)
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:

Haha....deep inside this thick skull of mine there is a little pocket of tact and good will. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    cdp1223 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:

Haha....deep inside this thick skull of mine there is a little pocket of tact and good will. :mrgreen:
    I'm glad this thread has taken a friendly turn. :D

I too have found things I didn't like this season and it hasn't often been the source of amazement that it was the first 2 seasons. I think I may also have mentioned that in seasons 4 & 5, I went through long stretches of being very frustrated with Lost. What's been surprising to me is that when I've gone back and watched some of those episodes long after the fact, they have a lot more to offer than I thought at the time I originally saw them. My perspective has changed because of what I've seen since then and I can see so much better where the writers were going with it. Doesn't mean I LOVE all those older episodes, just that I have renewed appreciation for how well thought out this show has been, for the most part.

I'm looking forward, when it's all over, to going back to the beginning and watching it all.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    as i post before ill be sad when this finnish,i watching now the last night episode of flashforward,,its great show
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    MK1980MK1980 Nottingham, UK Posts: 291
    Go Desmond!!! A little bit of an eye for an eye - running over Locke after 'Locke' had pushed him down a well.
    Seems to me everyone in the parellel life is getting everything they ever wanted, yet they're still not completely happy...the island chooses who the island chooses ;)
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    TONIGHT!!!!

The trailer for this one was my favorite ever...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    TONIGHT!!!!

Hopefully it is a good one- I think that tonights epsidoe is about Jack again. Maybe with Locke at the Hospital. The preview was crazy.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    TONIGHT!!!!

Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a blowing?

83040e193c1f61ef5883052b3c08d344.jpg
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

who here is threatened by it?? you're a funny guy :lol::lol::lol:

you also like to generalize maybe a wee too much?
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    TONIGHT!!!!

:shock: :shock:
    No pictures of the insects please...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

It's ok! We've all kissed and made up! Go back a few pages for the gushy feelings. :roll: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    TONIGHT!!!!

BTW, is that Sean Connery in the upper left :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Why are you still fighting with me? Everyone made up. :D Cheers!
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Why are you still fighting with me? Everyone made up. :D Cheers!

i wasn't trying to fight with you and i posted that before reading the rest of the thread ;)
    don't compete; coexist