LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    ok...nice episode!!!...i just watch it..last night was an interview in greek tv from Jack in a greek show..he said that will be so much deaths in last season and in last episodes...i hope u like the way it ends..

and i was sure my favorite ,Desmond is alive...i think is jacob...now 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    I might have spent the first half of the episode hoping and wishing for Kate to be killed in some highly improbable and violent way....like, say....by being harpooned with a trident?
    Here's a handy (yet terrible) illustration I made:
    0504002119.jpg
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Poncier wrote:
    Wow.

I'll give them one thing, they are not afraid to knock people off
    Really.
    Why did they have to knock off most of my favorites though?
    +100,000

I think I'm going to wear black tomorrow. :cry:
    There was some serious ethnic cleansing happening in these past few episodes. This is going to turn into Pale Face Island....Dogen, Ilana, Sayid, Jin, Sun.....look out Miles!!!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Am I the only one who believes Ben (and possibly Richard) is going to kill Locke?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    igotid88 wrote:
    They're saying the same thing over at IGN.com

I honestly didn't think that anything on tv this week would surpass what Breaking Bad did on Sunday, but Lost just proved me wrong.

Never doubt LOST.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I can usually make some kind of joke after a Lost episode but this one made me so sad. I can even handle Jack crying at the end--for once it was called for and not overly emo.

The body count was pretty high on this one, not just for our beloved characters but most of Team Widmore. The annoying Zoe seems to have been spared. For the sake of some levity here's a take on previous Lost deaths from somebody who really hates Zoe (courtesy of the Ack Attack):

http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=com ... g&id=59227
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Very entertaining episode but since we still don't know what the sideways world is and what the reasons behind things are it all still rings hollow.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    rrivers wrote:
    Very entertaining episode but since we still don't know what the sideways world is and what the reasons behind things are it all still rings hollow.

I agree, I am holding off judgement on the sideways line until they tie it all together. hopefully.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    What if the sideways timeline was a dream everyone had at the same time? What I'm trying to say is, everyone was obviously on the plane, but what if they had the exact same dream of the island? Remember when Sun was going to the hospital and freaking out about Locke?
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Newch91 wrote:
    What if the sideways timeline was a dream everyone had at the same time? What I'm trying to say is, everyone was obviously on the plane, but what if they had the exact same dream of the island? Remember when Sun was going to the hospital and freaking out about Locke?

Why does Locke have to kill everyone all together? Why are there all these stipulations with everything?
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    rrivers wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Why does Locke have to kill everyone all together? Why are there all these stipulations with everything?

I think he wants to kill everyone all together because the candidates are the one stopping him from leaving.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    rrivers wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Hopefully we get some of those answers with nest weeks episode being about Jacob and the Man in Black's story.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    rrivers wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I don't think it has to be everyone all together, it's just easier for him to do it when they're in a group. Kind of like a five birds with one bomb sort of thing.
  • Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    I think Jack was right, that Locke can’t kill any of the candidates and is going to get them to kill each other.

I loved the scene where Kate was shot, was kinda hoping she would die :D
    Am I crazy, or was Kate’s name not seen in the cave (or Sawyer said it was crossed out) but her name was still on the list in the lighthouse?

Man that Sun & Jin scene was sad. Really tug on the old heart strings.
    Do we think Jin definitely died? And what about Lapidus? He was beginning to annoy me a lot.

Where are Richard, Ben & Miles? Im thinking the only person on the island that hasn’t met or spoken to Locke is Miles, yes? Maybe he will kill Locke before he speaks to him??

And most importantly, Where the hell is Juliet in sideways world? that's all I really care about :D
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
    Red_Dot wrote:
    I think Jack was right, that Locke can’t kill any of the candidates and is going to get them to kill each other.

I loved the scene where Kate was shot, was kinda hoping she would die :D
    Am I crazy, or was Kate’s name not seen in the cave (or Sawyer said it was crossed out) but her name was still on the list in the lighthouse?

Do we think Jin definitely died? And what about Lapidus? He was beginning to annoy me a lot.

Where are Richard, Ben & Miles? Im thinking the only person on the island that hasn’t met or spoken to Locke is Miles, yes? Maybe he will kill Locke before he speaks to him??

And most importantly, Where the hell is Juliet in sideways world? that's all I really care about :D
    I'm guessing that Kate's name was crossed off after Jacob died and that's why it wasn't scratched off in the lighthouse. The cave seems to be the smoke monster's batcave, so he's probably the only person updating that list.
    Oh and what about poor Claire! I can’t even count the amount of times she has now been abandoned.
    What was with the music box that Christian left her in the sideways flash? Are we supposed to know or remember something about it? (I know the song is what she was singing on the island when she was all crazy)
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,185
    I noticed that the people who die on the island seem to be the ones who recognize Locke in the flash sideways. (Jin, Sun, Bernard, and Desmond do while Jack and Ben don't.) I've got nothing past that.
    pjl44 wrote:
    I noticed that the people who die on the island seem to be the ones who recognize Locke in the flash sideways. (Jin, Sun, Bernard, and Desmond do while Jack and Ben don't.) I've got nothing past that.
    Desmond isn't dead or at least that's what I got from what Sayid said to Jack near the end of last night's episode.
    pjl44 wrote:
    Desmond isn't dead or at least that's what I got from what Sayid said to Jack near the end of last night's episode.
    Yeah, I think Desmond is still alive. We don't know about Rose and Bernard.
    Red_Dot wrote:
    I think Jin is dead. He said he wouldn't leave Sun so I think they died together. Now their daughter will be an orphan. :cry:

I would be surprised if Lapidus survived. If he was only beginning to annoy you I'm impressed. He annoyed me from the get go. Couldn't understand why his character was popular. :think: :thumbdown:
    pjl44 wrote:

I guess Sayid shouldn’t have let Desmond speak to him *wink wink* Is Desmond the new Jacob?
    What about Sayid’s line to Jack “It’s going to be you Jack”!!
  • aneutronbombaneutronbomb Posts: 787
    wooooow

cool

so that was some of the best jack stuff maybe ever. sideways world and island all great. and man they wiped out a lot of people!!

sorry kwons, sorry kwons daughter!!

and i was just wonderin at the beginning of the ep whats up w syide these days...good reconciliation of the character on his way out

i dont know whats up with locke, what he's about, but it sounds like jacks got it!! these two were the original yin yang of the oceanics if you ask me, of the show from our prosepctive, it'd be classic if they have to stay behind together for eternity (even if it isnt the real locke, it still kinda will be, ya know?) anyway it would seem right for jack to be the hero in the end, its always felt that way to me.

and am i really expected to feel any sympathy for anthony cooper? in this or any world!?
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Good episode!

Things are really starting to pick up. It's getting pretty epic again. I think the next few episodes followed by the finally are going to be insane..
    Sayid's death reminded me of Michael's. Maybe if you do bad stuff and kill other people needlessly, you get redeemed by getting blown to pieces. :shock: :wtf:
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    When this is all over, I really want to watch the whole thing through again, but god damn it takes a long time! Why are there so many episodes! It took forever to rewatch season 1 through 5. I want to see it all again after I know how it concludes. There's so much information to take in!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    When this is all over, I really want to watch the whole thing through again, but god damn it takes a long time! Why are there so many episodes! It took forever to rewatch season 1 through 5. I want to see it all again after I know how it concludes. There's so much information to take in!

Yeah, I'll definitely have to pick up the complete series box set when it comes out. But shit, that's like 120 episodes to watch again...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I am looking forward to a blu ray release.... it should come in really cool dharma packaging. Then I will watch the whole series again along with all the extras.

Locke cannot kill the candidate. Its either just impossible, or something terrible happens to him if he does. Maybe somehow the sub leaving with them all together was another "loophole"... however he was pretty confident there were survivors.... and now he is bringing the gun. Maybe he is intent on weeding everyone out so he could deal with the real candidate appropriately in a way we dont know yet.

Cant wait to see how the sideways world, Desmond, and Widmore tie into all this. And also, you just know that Ben and Richard have a huge role to play. I think we have a really decent climax and conclusion coming.
    http://tv.ign.com/articles/108/1088268p1.html

Jimmy Kimmel Assembles Lost Dream Team
    Post-Finale special will include much of the cast.
    by Eric Goldman

May 6, 2010 - May 23rd will be quite a night for Lost fans, including a two-hour retrospective, the two and a half hour series finale episode, and ending with the Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha to Lost special. Variety has an updated list of the guests that will appear on the special, and it's an impressive one for Lost fans: Naveen Andrews ("Sayid"), Nestor Carbonell ("Richard"), Alan Dale ("Charles Widmore"), Jeremy Davies ("Daniel Faraday"), Emilie de Ravin ("Claire"), Michael Emerson ("Ben"), Matthew Fox ("Jack"), Daniel Dae Kim ("Jin"), Terry O'Quinn ("Locke") and Harold Perrineau ("Michael").

Variety notes that there will be "special appearances" by Jorge Garcia ("Hurley"), Josh Holloway ("Sawyer") and Evangeline Lilly ("Kate"), which they assume will not be in-studio but rather via satellite or pre-taped.

Also part of the special will be three "alternative final scenes from the minds of executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse," which sounds like some wacky comedy to us. Lindelof and Cuse are not expected to be there in person, having previously declared their intention to not be interviewed in the wake of the finale, wishing to let it speak for itself.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,790

by Eric Goldman

May 6, 2010 - May 23rd will be quite a night for Lost fans, including a two-hour retrospective, the two and a half hour series finale episode, and ending with the Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha to Lost special. Variety has an updated list of the guests that will appear on the special, and it's an impressive one for Lost fans: Naveen Andrews ("Sayid"), Nestor Carbonell ("Richard"), Alan Dale ("Charles Widmore"), Jeremy Davies ("Daniel Faraday"), Emilie de Ravin ("Claire"), Michael Emerson ("Ben"), Matthew Fox ("Jack"), Daniel Dae Kim ("Jin"), Terry O'Quinn ("Locke") and Harold Perrineau ("Michael").

Variety notes that there will be "special appearances" by Jorge Garcia ("Hurley"), Josh Holloway ("Sawyer") and Evangeline Lilly ("Kate"), which they assume will not be in-studio but rather via satellite or pre-taped.

it's not too long ago we would expect about at least 30 million viewers for the finale. But they'll be happy if it gets close to 20.

Also part of the special will be three "alternative final scenes from the minds of executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse," which sounds like some wacky comedy to us. Lindelof and Cuse are not expected to be there in person, having previously declared their intention to not be interviewed in the wake of the finale, wishing to let it speak for itself.
    I miss igotid88
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    igotid88 wrote:

by Eric Goldman

it's not too long ago we would expect about at least 30 million viewers for the finale. But they'll be happy if it gets close to 20.

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”