Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    I'm kind of happy they had a break, coz now in Australia we will be up to date with you!
    Woo hoo now I can actually chat about the episode after it happens, and not a week later
    :D
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,531
    fookin repeats

I hate network television and their "sweeps"
  • Options
    Saw this today...

"Lindelof said in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. “The series finale has to fit the show. We’re trying to end ‘Lost’ in a way that feels ‘Lost’-ian and fair and will generate a tremendous amount of theorizing."

So I guess he's saying they couldn't tie together all these different theories they've put out there so they're just going to leave it somewhat open-ended? That's not what I was hoping for at the end...
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,573
    Saw this today...

"Lindelof said in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. “The series finale has to fit the show. We’re trying to end ‘Lost’ in a way that feels ‘Lost’-ian and fair and will generate a tremendous amount of theorizing."

So I guess he's saying they couldn't tie together all these different theories they've put out there so they're just going to leave it somewhat open-ended? That's not what I was hoping for at the end...

yea i heard that.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Man - I hope that they at least answer the big things. I understand you can't answer EVERYTHING, but if they leave it open ended on the big things I'll be pretty annoyed. Not that they care what I think! :)
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    drsluggo wrote:
    Man - I hope that they at least answer the big things. I understand you can't answer EVERYTHING, but if they leave it open ended on the big things I'll be pretty annoyed. Not that they care what I think! :)

I agree they don't have to answer everything but big things need to be. This quote sounds like he is covering himself for what's coming. Hope I'm wrong.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    rrivers wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:

I agree they don't have to answer everything but big things need to be. This quote sounds like he is covering himself for what's coming. Hope I'm wrong.
    They do tend to overdo the whole 'mystery' thing when answering, so I'm hoping that's all it is.

I mean... to be fair it would not be like them to say 'yeah, once the finale ends everyone will know everything there is to know.' At the same time though - I don't want any of the big parts of the storyline to be up for interpretation.

While that is 'Lost' ... its also what angers people about it. :)
  • Options
    via @DamonLindelof @CarltonCuse
    We're done. Amen.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    rrivers wrote:

Big list, but I guess over 6 years that is not to much.

Tonights episode titled "the Candidate". Curious if we find out who gets to battle it out with Locke.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Saw this today...

I really hope they keep the mystery part open. I really don't like it when they answer too much. I like the mystery aspect to the show. It's what made the first few seasons so interesting and leaves it up to your own imagination, much like reading a book.

I expect the ending to be left open to much interpretation.
  • Options
    wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    I'm really excited for tonights episode.. Although I always have to wait till 3 a.m. because I have to watch the us live stream...

Does anybody know how many episodes are left of this season?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    the last week was bad...without episode..a few hours,for torrent style!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    wolkenlos wrote:
    I'm really excited for tonights episode.. Although I always have to wait till 3 a.m. because I have to watch the us live stream...

Two more episodes on Tuesdays and then the last two on Sunday the 23rd.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    wolkenlos wrote:

Three more episodes on Tuesday...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    wolkenlos wrote:

That's if you count today.
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    That's if you count today.
    Y'all are making my head hurt. I'm just a girl, I can't be expected to know stuff like MATH! Jeesh. :roll:
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,303
    Holy shit last 15 minutes have been.... WOW!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    WHOA
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,405
    Wow.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Ow, my heartstrings..... :?

Oh and STILL NO DEAD KATE?!?! COME ONNNNNNN!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    Wow.

I'll give them one thing, they are not afraid to knock people off
  • Options
    Wow.

Really.
    Why did they have to knock off most of my favorites though?
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Poncier wrote:
    Wow.

Really.
    Why did they have to knock off most of my favorites though?
    +100,000

I think I'm going to wear black tomorrow. :cry:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    robbyblaylockrobbyblaylock Posts: 428
    what to say, what to say...

this episode was rough. not saying names but, this was a brutal ending that definitely had me tearing up. it was moments like tonight that remind me why this show is so special to me. we have so many different bonds to so many different characters. we all relate differently to so many different people.

i really hope to see the ones we lost tonight on the 23rd but tonight made me appreciate the ride this show has given me. im really going to miss it. waiting to watch kimmel and see if he confirms the 2.5 hours.
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    They're saying the same thing over at IGN.com

I honestly didn't think that anything on tv this week would surpass what Breaking Bad did on Sunday, but Lost just proved me wrong.
  • Options
    wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Oh and STILL NO DEAD KATE?!?! COME ONNNNNNN!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

That's exactly what I thought^^...
    Great episode, loved the Jack-Locke-moments at the hospital... but the submarine story was really sad, especially Jack facing the ocean in the end. I didn't thought that we would lose so many characters...
  • Options
    I thought it was solid for an episode setting up the end. I really di dnot think Locke had to get them in one place to kill them off so he could leave the Island. I finally thought Kate bought the farm. Not please about Lapedius.

Really looking forward to next weeks episode about Jacob and the Man in Black, and what appears to be thier story.
  • Options
    From May 10
    Poncier wrote:
    Looks like Jack is breaking out of his whiny 5 season funk, and as I predicted last year will end up the hero of the group at the end, as it was in the very beginning.

Looks like from what Sayid said to Jack just before he ran off with the bomb "its you Jack" or whatever, that my assertion of Jack becoming heroic may be correct (Though he may have nobody left to save).
    And Sawyer is reverting back to being the jerk he was at the beginning, singlehandedly causing the deaths of Sayid, Jin, Sun and possibly (though we can't be certain) Lapidus because he wouldn't listen to Jack. I was pissed at him.
    And Hurley bawling on the beach at the end was very sad.

Perhaps the end result will be that they all survive in sideways LA, obviously Desmond will have a big role.
    Where have Benry, Miles and Guyliner been lately?