Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Oh and Minkowski!!!!!

I did not even get that until I read your post. I kept thinking the driver had to have been part of Island life, but just couldn't put it together! (I'm slow).
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    Oh and Minkowski!!!!!

I did not even get that until I read your post. I kept thinking the driver had to have been part of Island life, but just couldn't put it together! (I'm slow).

who was minkowski on the island?
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    spat wrote:
    Oh and Minkowski!!!!!

who was minkowski on the island?

wasn't he the radio operator on the "not penny's" ship ?
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    Minkowski worked security with Sawyer when he, Juliet, Jin were at the Dharma Initiative from '74 - '77.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Great episode!!!!Desmond rules!!!...brooootthhha...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    So when Des goes off with Sayid so willingly... does everyone think Widmore sent him out into the jungle as part of a trap to get taken by Sayid? Seems to me to be most likely since he went so willingly...
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Minkowski worked security with Sawyer when he, Juliet, Jin were at the Dharma Initiative from '74 - '77.
    No, Wolf is right... he was the audio operator on the not-penny ship who was having flash backs and died of a nose bleed...

lost_George_Minkowski.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    o.k., now I got it. Told you I was slow.
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    So when Des goes off with Sayid so willingly... does everyone think Widmore sent him out into the jungle as part of a trap to get taken by Sayid? Seems to me to be most likely since he went so willingly...
    I don't know... I think Des may have realized that no matter what happens ... something happens so it must be so...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    drsluggo wrote:
    I don't know... I think Des may have realized that no matter what happens ... something happens so it must be so...
    Yeah, I agree. Desmond seemed so at peace about everything. Somehow he knows what he has to do.
    Whatever that is. :?:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758

wasn't he also the communications guy on the freighter? the one that ended up washing up on the island after having his throat slit which time traveled because the island radioed the freighter saying he washed up on the shore but he was still on the boat alive not having been killed yet by keemy or 1 of his guys?
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742

wasn't he also the communications guy on the freighter? the one that ended up washing up on the island after having his throat slit which time traveled because the island radioed the freighter saying he washed up on the shore but he was still on the boat alive not having been killed yet by keemy or 1 of his guys?
    The guy that washed up was the doctor from the freighter. I believe George just died when he couldn't 'get back' from his time travels...
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,514
    drsluggo wrote:
    Yeah, I agree. Desmond seemed so at peace about everything. Somehow he knows what he has to do.
    Whatever that is. :?:
    he learned that the island can give you whatever it is you want-money, fame, immortality
    bring back lost loved ones-even dead ones-and that he is somehow connected to all of that
    thats what eloise meant by you are not yet ready-to handle the power that the island gives
    what do you think-jack and kate or jack and his father?

of course, thats just masturbatory speculation ;)
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,630
    so did he see what else happens in the "parallel" world when he was out (and not just what is revealed on the show)?

I think he either is so at peace with the fate aspect of the island, or knows exactly how the future plays out. That is why he went so willingly with Sayid (and really didnt say much or act happy to see him).
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    so did he see what else happens in the "parallel" world when he was out (and not just what is revealed on the show)?

I think he either is so at peace with the fate aspect of the island, or knows exactly how the future plays out. That is why he went so willingly with Sayid (and really didnt say much or act happy to see him).
    Yeah I was kind of speaking to this above but the addition of future seeing Desmond sounds right on the mark... Well done.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Just a few other thoughts on this episode, which I liked BTW.

Wasn't it awfully weird to see Desmond and Widmore as BFFs?
    Great to see Charlie again but he wasn't exactly likable in the alternate universe.
    Desmond was kinda stalkerish the way he approached Penny at the stadium. I mean, if that's his usual pick up style, no wonder he's single.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,386
    Desmond was kinda stalkerish the way he approached Penny at the stadium. I mean, if that's his usual pick up style, no wonder he's single.
    I found it odd that when he said "are you Penny?", she just said yes rather than inquiring who he was and how he knew her name.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    all I know is with all the crap on TV... the writers of this show are THE BEST!

No let down like the final season of the Sopranos..

They're going out in a blaze of glory...!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,754
    Wow, GREAT episode! First time in a while I got chills. Must have something to do w/great acting. For the first time this season, I'm actually looking forward to next week to see what happens...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I have to admit, I'm totally gay for the Desmond/Penny love story...gets me every fucking time!
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    drsluggo wrote:

The guy that washed up was the doctor from the freighter. I believe George just died when he couldn't 'get back' from his time travels...

ohhhhhh yeah
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    I have to admit, I'm totally gay for the Desmond/Penny love story...gets me every fucking time!
    Oh yeah, don't know what it is about them but I so want them to be happy.
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Lost Season 6 in black and white....
    Some pretty interesting graphic design here....http://mattsoncreative.com/blog/2010/04/06/season-6-in-black-and-white/
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,754
    Oh, and Jack is looking OLD.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    The Champ wrote:
    Oh yeah, don't know what it is about them but I so want them to be happy.

Same here. With all the others, like Kate and Jack or Kate and Sawyer, you get the feeling it won't work out anyway, With Penny and Desmond you just know they are meant to be together.

Jinn and Sun too .
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    We need more Lapidus...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 499
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Lost Season 6 in black and white....
    Some pretty interesting graphic design here....http://mattsoncreative.com/blog/2010/04/06/season-6-in-black-and-white/

Thanks for the link - very well done!
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
    2024 Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 499
    Desmond episodes never let me down!

Had a thought/theory - I think the Adam/Eve skeletons from the caves are going to end up being Charles Widmore and Eloise Hawking.

Sideways theory - Sun's baby is going to be saved by Juliet.

I'm going to be sad when this show ends....
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
    2024 Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    DeLukin wrote:
    Oh, and Jack is looking OLD.
    I've noticed he hasn't aged well compared to the rest of the cast, starting with season 5.. I guess he is in his forties, although I think he's the same age as Desmond.. Maybe he's just not hitting the gym.
  • Options
    There are only 5 episodes left, right? I think the 2 hour finale is on Sunday, May 23 (the day we get back from NYC so I hope our flight is on time and we have plenty of time to get the dogs from the kennel and settle back and watch it). But when are the other 4 episodes? Does anyone know? Obviously there are a lot more than 4 Tuesdays between now and then. I'm curious because we will also be at the STL concert which is on a Tuesday.