Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    rrivers wrote:
    Just an ok episode.
    LOL, tough to please.

Okay so what are you favorite episodes?
    Favorite this season or you have not liked it at all?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    rrivers wrote:
    Just an ok episode.
    LOL, tough to please.

I think the Jack/Hurley episode and the Locke/Sawyer episodes were the only good ones this season so far.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    Just an ok episode.
    LOL, tough to please.

I think the Jack/Hurley episode and the Locke/Sawyer episodes were the only good ones this season so far.
    Liked those ones too, and last weeks...
    But this one had so much juicy stuff...
    Redemption, The coming war, Jack's immortal :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    Favorite this season or you have not liked it at all?[/quote]

I think the Jack/Hurley episode and the Locke/Sawyer episodes were the only good ones this season so far.[/quote]
    Redemption, The coming war, Jack's immortal :D[/quote]

I agree it had some interesting stuff. Just didn't think it was that entertaining as other episodes.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

I think the Jack/Hurley episode and the Locke/Sawyer episodes were the only good ones this season so far.[/quote]
    Redemption, The coming war, Jack's immortal :D[/quote]

I agree it had some interesting stuff. Just didn't think it was that entertaining as other episodes.[/quote]
    Fair enough...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    So..what of Ben's Dad's reveal that they were already involved with Dharma and on the Island in the alt-timeline? Biggest question of the night for me, I suppose....
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,378

I loved Ben's line to Lapidus. I really like Lapidus. Last night he was asked something about what he was doing when the plane crashed, and I can't remember his response, but I do remember that when the fake crash was shown on tv in a prior season, wasn't Lapidus sick or disabled or something and is showed him watching it on tv?

He said he "overslept".

If I recall I think he was hungover in the flashback of him watching the crash news on TV.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    So..what of Ben's Dad's reveal that they were already involved with Dharma and on the Island in the alt-timeline? Biggest question of the night for me, I suppose....
    Yeah and if things changed after the island... How the hell did they get off? Were they on the sub??
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Yeah and if things changed after the island... How the hell did they get off? Were they on the sub??

I feel that is a big, important question too. If I remember right, Dharma members had opportunities to leave on the submarine(s). But as to why they left, I dunno. Certainly sounded like Roger didn't want to leave. I loved it how Ben gave his dad oxygen in the ALT, yet that's kinda how Ben killed him back on the island (taking away oxygen and releasing toxic gas). Giving him breath vs. taking it away. Great character ep for Linus.

We need Ilana to spill her guts already! She's got info!

Next week is Sawyer-centric. So pumped!
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Yeah, I am really wanting to get the story on Ilana but I have a feeling that we'll be waiting a while for that one.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I thought last night's episode was VERY good. It had that classic LOST feeling to it, with the scene between Ben and Ilana and when Jack, Hurley, and Richard came back to the island, and of course, LOST having its weekly cliff hanger with Widmore on the submarine. This episode is the reason why I LOVE LOST.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    cdp1223 wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Oh also speaking of Alex, you guys know that actress is dating/dated Jeff Goldblum, right? :shock:
    WHAT???? :o

u29UO5dDeIws.jpg

I mean....I'd totally do him too.... :lol:

this reminds me of that scene in pineapple express

'man, fuck, jeff goldblum'
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    OK that was certainly the best episode of the season and might be in my top 3 of all time. Michael Emerson deserves every accolade he can get for that performance. As a kid who was not part of the cool crowd, I felt the emotions turn on in Ben's last scene on the beach. He finally told the truth and was redeemed for it. Sayid truly is dammed for having this kid lose his childhood and become the monster that he was.
    I was also struck by how caring he was to his elderly dad in the Sideways world, after killing him on the island.

BTW I keep forgetting to mention this. In the episode The Lighthouse a couple of weeks ago, did anybody else notice that Jack's kid had The Who's Maximum R&B poster on his ceiling? The kid listens to The Who and plays Chopin? Besides having great taste in music :P I'm still trying to work out what it means. I mean, there's a bazillion other posters he could have had in his room. :think:

haha i did and i meant to point that out to you but forgot
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    So who are people thinking Widmore's allegiance is with?

On one hand... he said if Locke didn't get back to the island the wrong side would win. But he couldn't have known Ben would kill him and his body would be taken over.

Also... I've always thought he might be the good guy in the Ben vs. Widmore fight... just because Ben always seemed to make some really dark decisions and we really didn't know what Widmore did ASIDE from what Ben told us he did.

We'll see... I can't imagine Widmore is there to take 'Locke' and company back on the sub. But that could be... maybe he told Widmore he could take over the island if he got them off?

And of course the Ben/Widmore reunion should be fun. Ben might be turning a new leaf but the guy did send people to kill Alex so that can't go over well.

So many questions :)
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:

I feel that is a big, important question too. If I remember right, Dharma members had opportunities to leave on the submarine(s). But as to why they left, I dunno. Certainly sounded like Roger didn't want to leave. I loved it how Ben gave his dad oxygen in the ALT, yet that's kinda how Ben killed him back on the island (taking away oxygen and releasing toxic gas). Giving him breath vs. taking it away. Great character ep for Linus.

We need Ilana to spill her guts already! She's got info!

Next week is Sawyer-centric. So pumped!

and he also saved alex as the principal said he'd torch her if ben didn't give up. he thought of himself on the island and she was killed, he was forced to again in the ALT timeline and this time he chose her
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    so,we see,john,jack,kate-claire ,ben.sayid episodes,of their life off the island,,so whats left to see the final,battle as it seems..?..hugo,sawyer,jin-sun...desmond???
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I'm so confused.... just ready to understand it all!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    so,we see,john,jack,kate-claire ,ben.sayid episodes,of their life off the island,,so whats left to see the final,battle as it seems..?..hugo,sawyer,jin-sun...desmond???
    Richard!!!
    Hopefully Jacob and Un-Locke too!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Richard!!!
    if i count well till episode 14 will go like this.....and all together...war..bad ,good,dead, alive...raise from the deads,,chosens. some cant die,some cant kill themselfs,cant kill others.....what a great show...unbeliavable....the best ever..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Richard!!!
    if i count well till episode 14 will go like this.....and all together...war..bad ,good,dead, alive...raise from the deads,,chosens. some cant die,some cant kill themselfs,cant kill others.....what a great show...unbeliavable....the best ever..

and then.....shows that just don't compare :(

lost is really all i watch on tv but i will miss it

hbo should bring carnivale back!
    don't compete; coexist

• Options

i dont wanna think about it,,i think im gonna be so sad,,,kinda...LOST...
  • Options

Nahhh, think of all the times we get to rewatch it looking for all the hidden clues after we know the answers :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

Nahhh, think of all the times we get to rewatch it looking for all the hidden clues after we know the answers :mrgreen:

haha yeah, i know and a little before the last season comes out on dvd i will start adding them to my netflix que and rewatching the whole show, i meant no more new episodes of a really great show to look forward to. well, i guess i still have it's always sunny in philadelphia but it just isn't the same
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Michael Emerson is the man! Great performance from him last night. So who are the remaining 6 candidates? Jack, Hurley, either Jin or Sun.......who else?
    Brian
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    Michael Emerson is the man! Great performance from him last night. So who are the remaining 6 candidates? Jack, Hurley, either Jin or Sun.......who else?

wallace, sawyer, i guess sayid is out now?
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    so....

do i really need to be the first to speculate?

pearl jam announces a tour. a tour with a mysterious, as yet to be announced stop....

lets look at the tuesday schedule of two of our favorite things in the world: Pearl Jam and Lost (minor spoiler ahead)

5/4 Pearl Jam will be in Kansas City while that episode of Lost is called *SPOILER ALERT....Across the Sea ....SPOILER ALERT OVER*

5/11 Pearl Jam is off that night while Lost airs...hmmmmmm
    5/18 Lost is...not on?!?!....wha-wha-WHAAAAAA? and coincidently, Pearl Jam doesnt know where they will be...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

5/23 is the last episode of our beloved show. (on a sunday non-the-less)

coincidence?...i think NOT. it is clear that our candidates are to be treated by the late Jacob to an awesome night with Pearl Jam (do i smell a "You All Everybody" cover?). during this performance Jacob realizes that ed, stone and matt are all candidates. realizing their companions are *ahem* LOST, Boom, having experience as an island man, leads Mike (face melter/enforcer) and jeff (skateboarder/transporter) after the other half of the band. through flash sideways effects, the band will be able to perform all shows inbetween subconciously untill they are reunited on 5/18 by The man in BlAck or TBA. we all join the boys at msg to tear the roof off in nyc while the rest of our candidates are whisked back to the island by smokeLocke for the last encounter.

i know, i know....it almost makes TOO MUCH sense...
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I can't wait for this show to be over with.
  • Options
    so....

pearl jam announces a tour. a tour with a mysterious, as yet to be announced stop....

lets look at the tuesday schedule of two of our favorite things in the world: Pearl Jam and Lost (minor spoiler ahead)

5/4 Pearl Jam will be in Kansas City while that episode of Lost is called *SPOILER ALERT....Across the Sea ....SPOILER ALERT OVER*

5/18 Lost is...not on?!?!....wha-wha-WHAAAAAA? and coincidently, Pearl Jam doesnt know where they will be...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

coincidence?...i think NOT. it is clear that our candidates are to be treated by the late Jacob to an awesome night with Pearl Jam (do i smell a "You All Everybody" cover?). during this performance Jacob realizes that ed, stone and matt are all candidates. realizing their companions are *ahem* LOST, Boom, having experience as an island man, leads Mike (face melter/enforcer) and jeff (skateboarder/transporter) after the other half of the band. through flash sideways effects, the band will be able to perform all shows inbetween subconciously untill they are reunited on 5/18 by The man in BlAck or TBA. we all join the boys at msg to tear the roof off in nyc while the rest of our candidates are whisked back to the island by smokeLocke for the last encounter.

:shock: Maybe PJ will be playing the Island on the 23rd!

Live from the Temple!!
    With Special Guests Geronimo Jackson!!

Pre-sale only for the first 108 10 Club Members.
    Rows 4,8,15,16, 23 and 42 for members only.

TBD on the 24th for Hydra Island.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    so....

MY GOD!!!!!

when you put it all together like that how can one NOT see it!?
    don't compete; coexist