Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    There is no denying that Ben is a character that people love to hate. You have to admit though, the character Ben has brought a lot to the Lost storyline. In addition, Michael Emerson (who plays Ben) is one of the best actors, if not the best, on the show. The only one who comes close is Terry O'Quinn (Locke).

I still think the best is yet to come for Ben. Being manipulated by smokey to kill Jacob seems to have changed him. Sure, he still have that evil imbedded in him, but I think he will emerge as one of the good guys. Maybe Jacob has had a plan for him all along?
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    A lot of similarities between those that have crashed on the island vs. those that were inhabitants.

Someone mentioned how Claire is now like Frenchy...all filthy, and in the jungle rambling about them taking her baby. Then, the walk out of the temple for Kate was very reminiscent to the stroll through the Dharma camp after Ben massacred all of them. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but it seems like this could be some kind of vicious cycle where the Losties could wind up like the "Others"

Just a thought
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    well, i will be watching the rest of LOST on the internet now that cable has decided to pull abc off. How soon after the episode airs does it become available to watch online? thanks
  • Options
    ^next day

i've been doin it this way for years (you should follow your provider's lead with the abc thing and just shut off the rest of your cable ;) )

its really not much of a hassle, and i never get anything spoiled
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    im pretty sure there are websites that air it as its airing too. i use justintv sometimes. ill be using it more often now that im blacked out on long island. cant really tell who is to blame on this one. cablevision may be greedy, but is that damn mouse. anyways, still looking forward to tuesday!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,537
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    igotid88 wrote:
    It's LOSING to Fringe!! :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    TONIGHT!!!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    TONIGHT!!!!

West-Side-Story_l.jpg

TOOOOOOONNNNIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTT!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    Great episode tonight! Loved it. Ending was pretty sweet also.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,493
    spoiler alert

Much more interesting episode tonight

WIDMORE!
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Does anybody else think that the Smoke Monster and Jacob are the same person?
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    TONIGHT!!!!

West-Side-Story_l.jpg

TOOOOOOONNNNIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTT!
    :lol::lol::lol::mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    So much to say!!!! So little caffeine in my system..... :?

Off the top of my head though, my favorite "small moment" of the night was when Dr. Linus was teaching and said "Ok, back to the island" or something like that and then...Clever cut back to Island action! A little hammy, but I smiled. :D
  • Options
    OK that was certainly the best episode of the season and might be in my top 3 of all time. Michael Emerson deserves every accolade he can get for that performance. As a kid who was not part of the cool crowd, I felt the emotions turn on in Ben's last scene on the beach. He finally told the truth and was redeemed for it. Sayid truly is dammed for having this kid lose his childhood and become the monster that he was.

On a side note, my 7 year old screams out Charles Widmore right as the periscope clears the water and before we see inside. I love that kid :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,356

On a side note, my 7 year old screams out Charles Widmore right as the periscope clears the water and before we see inside. I love that kid :mrgreen:
    I called that one too, so I'm as smart as a 7 year old! Yay me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrfhjLd9e4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYabrQrXt4A

:mrgreen:

Damn good episode.
    Looks like Jack is breaking out of his whiny 5 season funk, and as I predicted last year will end up the hero of the group at the end, as it was in the very beginning. I enjoyed his scenes with Richard. Nice to see Alex again, though it would have been better to see her being coached by Ben on swim team or gymnastics team rather than history club. :twisted:

Interesting when Ben said to Lapidus, "the island got you anyway".

Loved Miles' line "why do I need $3.2 million when there's 2 jabronies here named Nikki and Paolo buried with $8 million worth of diamonds"...and at the end he had a diamond...maybe that episode wasn't a complete waste afterall, maybe Miles changes his name to Zale when he leaves the island.

Lots of good stuff last night.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Oh also speaking of Alex, you guys know that actress is dating/dated Jeff Goldblum, right? :shock:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    fuckin great episode!!!!!!!where is kate and saywer?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Oh also speaking of Alex, you guys know that actress is dating/dated Jeff Goldblum, right? :shock:
    WHAT???? :o
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,356
    cdp1223 wrote:
    I had heard that, I guess a 14" **** helps.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:

u29UO5dDeIws.jpg

I mean....I'd totally do him too.... :lol:
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:

u29UO5dDeIws.jpg

I mean....I'd totally do him too.... :lol:
    So tall jewish guys with 14" pee pees. I have been told I have some resemblence :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    So tall jewish guys with 14" pee pees. I have been told I have some resemblence :mrgreen:

You just made me feel funny. :? :lol: :? :lol:
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Loved last nights episode! The lines of good vs. Evil are being drawn and widmore returns. Amazing
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I have a question about the repeat episode last night. I was watching it, but not totally focused like I am on the new epi. Anyway, did one of the pop-ups or whatever you call them say that Ben Linus had sent the freighter with Keamy and Omar to kill all the inhabitants of the island? I thought it was Widmore. Anyway, I am all confused now. Do we even know who sent the freighter? And does it matter?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    I have a question about the repeat episode last night. I was watching it, but not totally focused like I am on the new epi. Anyway, did one of the pop-ups or whatever you call them say that Ben Linus had sent the freighter with Keamy and Omar to kill all the inhabitants of the island? I thought it was Widmore. Anyway, I am all confused now. Do we even know who sent the freighter? And does it matter?

I thought Widmore had sent it to kill Ben
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

I thought Widmore had sent it to kill Ben

I did too. I must have misread that.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:

I called that one too, so I'm as smart as a 7 year old! Yay me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrfhjLd9e4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYabrQrXt4A

:mrgreen:

Damn good episode.
    Looks like Jack is breaking out of his whiny 5 season funk, and as I predicted last year will end up the hero of the group at the end, as it was in the very beginning. I enjoyed his scenes with Richard. Nice to see Alex again, though it would have been better to see her being coached by Ben on swim team or gymnastics team rather than history club. :twisted:

Interesting when Ben said to Lapidus, "the island got you anyway".

Loved Miles' line "why do I need $3.2 million when there's 2 jabronies here named Nikki and Paolo buried with $8 million worth of diamonds"...and at the end he had a diamond...maybe that episode wasn't a complete waste afterall, maybe Miles changes his name to Zale when he leaves the island.

Lots of good stuff last night.

History Club story line was definitely silly. If Alex needs a tutor to get her through high school history how could she ever get into Yale, much less survive the first semester? And Ben said she was his brightest student?????? Advanced physics maybe, but history?

I loved Ben's line to Lapidus. I really like Lapidus. Last night he was asked something about what he was doing when the plane crashed, and I can't remember his response, but I do remember that when the fake crash was shown on tv in a prior season, wasn't Lapidus sick or disabled or something and is showed him watching it on tv?

And I thought it was funny when Miles talked about Nikki and Paulo.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    OK that was certainly the best episode of the season and might be in my top 3 of all time. Michael Emerson deserves every accolade he can get for that performance. As a kid who was not part of the cool crowd, I felt the emotions turn on in Ben's last scene on the beach. He finally told the truth and was redeemed for it. Sayid truly is dammed for having this kid lose his childhood and become the monster that he was.
    I was also struck by how caring he was to his elderly dad in the Sideways world, after killing him on the island.

BTW I keep forgetting to mention this. In the episode The Lighthouse a couple of weeks ago, did anybody else notice that Jack's kid had The Who's Maximum R&B poster on his ceiling? The kid listens to The Who and plays Chopin? Besides having great taste in music :P I'm still trying to work out what it means. I mean, there's a bazillion other posters he could have had in his room. :think:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    Just an ok episode.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."