Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    hmmm, i might be debunking myself here...locke's dad was the real sawyer, right? and the sawyer on the island went to australia to try and find the real sawyer...so if locke's dad didn't do that i wonder why he'd go to australia?
    Locke's dad was the real Sawyer. Before Sawyer (James) killed him, he told Sawyer that as a con man he used many names, including Tom Sawyer, because the ladies loved that one.
    In S1, Sawyer went to Australia to kill the man he thought was Sawyer. It turned out he'd been tricked and the man he killed was somebody else.

BTW, in the Sideways universe Sawyer seems pretty easygoing although he still goes for the nicknames (called the flight attendant Earhart, I think). I know we're all expecting him to try scamming Hurley but I've been wondering if maybe he's not a con artist anymore.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Wow, somebody has been translating what Dogen says in each episode:

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/02/wha ... n-say.html

I am way too obsessed with this show. :oops:
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    edited February 2010
    hmmm, i might be debunking myself here...locke's dad was the real sawyer, right? and the sawyer on the island went to australia to try and find the real sawyer...so if locke's dad didn't do that i wonder why he'd go to australia?
    Locke's dad was the real Sawyer. Before Sawyer (James) killed him, he told Sawyer that as a con man he used many names, including Tom Sawyer, because the ladies loved that one.
    In S1, Sawyer went to Australia to kill the man he thought was Sawyer. It turned out he'd been tricked and the man he killed was somebody else.

BTW, in the Sideways universe Sawyer seems pretty easygoing although he still goes for the nicknames (called the flight attendant Earhart, I think). I know we're all expecting him to try scamming Hurley but I've been wondering if maybe he's not a con artist anymore.

yeah, so if locke's dad was never a con artist obviously he wouldn't have scammed james' mom which would change the reason he went to australia, though others like locke, jin, sun, jack, claire, obviously kate were the same.

another difference between the 2 universes is in the alternate 1 hurley is 'the luckiest man alive'. i liked when locke got fired and tried to put the ramp down on hurley's hummer but it stopped just short

did they ever explain locke's dads relationship to the island?
    Post edited by Pepe Silvia on
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    Wow, somebody has been translating what Dogen says in each episode:

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/02/wha ... n-say.html

I am way too obsessed with this show. :oops:

nice, thanks! i didn't notice mac in the episode from an earlier season but laughed when i heard his voice in episode 3 :lol:
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• Options
    ok got my eyes closed...im on season 1 ep 13....

but the theme tune to lost at the end of it and the end of not for you is the same note for note..or am i drunk

can someone pm me the answer as im not coming in to read to find out and sod up my viewing of lost

thanks you can go back to season 6 now
  • Options

yeah, so if locke's dad was never a con artist obviously he wouldn't have scammed james' mom which would change the reason he went to australia, though others like locke, jin, sun, jack, claire, obviously kate were the same.

another difference between the 2 universes is in the alternate 1 hurley is 'the luckiest man alive'. i liked when locke got fired and tried to put the ramp down on hurley's hummer but it stopped just short

He was kidnapped by the others so Locke could kill him. I honestly believe that to be his only connection.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Not enough Kate in last night's episode :thumbdown: .....and I'm totally against that lame ass Jacob now...I hope Claire's friend and Sawyer form an ultimate badass duo and pistol whip all of these little panty wastes..maybe even resurrect that prick Michael just to knock about a bit for good measure..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    so, who do you think the boy fake locke and james/sawyer sees in the jungle in 'the substitute'? maybe an older aaron?
    Post edited by Pepe Silvia on
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    He was kidnapped by the others so Locke could kill him. I honestly believe that to be his only connection.[/quote]

maybe but what else would've changed to make locke and his dad get along and like each other? or maybe the flash sideways we are seeing is before he conned him out of the kidney when they were getting along but that was supposed to happen before australia, obviously...i wonder when they will show how locke ended up in a wheelchair if it wasn't from his dad?

what if that isn't even his real dad? i'm kinda fuzzy on his birth scene now at the hospital
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    2 things i didn't catch until watching the enhanced version of the substitute
    locke's boss was hurley's boss at mr clucks (should've gotten that, though)

it was already established Rose lived with Bernard in NY but in the flash sideways she was in LA working at Hurley's temp agency

it also said common themes are destiny vs free will and good vs evil represented by the white and black stones and backgammon
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Its interesting that Claire is now the new Rousseau (spelling?). All alone, going crazy, and claiming the others took her baby.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,692
    So is it going to end with one of the candidates taking over Jacob's role on the island?
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    does anyone remember what episode had locke's birth? was it 'lockdown'? it's been so long since i saw it but just the vibe i got from his father when he went to the hospital seems more than just a con man so what if the guy that conned locke out of his kidney and pushed him out the window wasn't even his dad? what if he was just a con man exploiting and conning him to get his kidney?
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    does anyone remember what episode had locke's birth? was it 'lockdown'? it's been so long since i saw it but just the vibe i got from his father when he went to the hospital seems more than just a con man so what if the guy that conned locke out of his kidney and pushed him out the window wasn't even his dad? what if he was just a con man exploiting and conning him to get his kidney?
    I don't remember which episode but a quick check of Lostpedia reveals it to be Cabin Fever from S4.
  • Options
    by the way i was crackin up when i first saw mac from sunny in lost!! :lol::lol: (the translation vid reminded me, thanks for that!)

why arent we talkin about this?
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    Talkin about what? :?
  • Options
    I don't remember which episode but a quick check of Lostpedia reveals it to be Cabin Fever from S4.

thanks, yer the best!
    don't compete; coexist

• Options

thanks, yer the best!

hmm maybe that wasn't his dad at the hospital

Later, Emily and her mother are standing over John, now in an incubator. The nurse enters and is overjoyed at the fact that John is the youngest premature baby to survive at the hospital. Emily's mother, Mrs. Locke, seems less than thrilled at this information. At the prospect of holding him for the first time, Emily becomes upset. She runs out of the room crying, saying that she cannot do it. Mrs. Locke then casually asks whom she should speak to about adoption. Before getting an answer, she is surprised to see a man at the viewing window. The nurse asks if he is the father of the baby, and she responds by saying that she doesn't know who he is. The man is Richard Alpert, who looks the same age as he does on the Island in the present day.
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    Talkin about what? :?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN5OXzOUBKs&feature=related

its always sunny...where ever the hell that island is at any given place and time...except for when its raining, and the spooky voices whisper to everyone. and dead people show up. and then it just stops raining
  • Options
    by the way i was crackin up when i first saw mac from sunny in lost!! :lol::lol: (the translation vid reminded me, thanks for that!)

That was hilarious. Not his first appearance either. Remember back to season 3 when Kate and Sawyer are attempting to escape the Hydra Island, they confront Mac when he sitting outside a compound, reading. Kate knocks him out, and I think he makes a comment to her about that in the S6 episode.

I would die if Charlie Kelly were to pop-up somewhere, that would be amazing. :lol:
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 498

BTW, in the Sideways universe Sawyer seems pretty easygoing although he still goes for the nicknames (called the flight attendant Earhart, I think). I know we're all expecting him to try scamming Hurley but I've been wondering if maybe he's not a con artist anymore.[/quote]

This IS an interesting question. I'm sure they will get to Sawyer's sideways story at some point. But yes, he has a totally different dispostion from the pilot episode. I too wonder if he's even a con man at all. Maybe his parents are still alive, and he has no reason to be bitter and angry.

I don't think Anthony Cooper (Locke's father) had anything to do with the island back in the day. I think the Others just brought him to the island (Man From Tallahasee) as part of the test of Locke - if Locke was truly leader-worthy. In the sideways word, it appears Anthony Cooper isn't a con man either. Thus, he probably didn't kill Sawyer's parents (see above!)

In the end - the blowing up with Jughead changed EVERYTHING in ways we do not understand yet. But I think we will at some point. But we can safely assume these characters were going to be involved in each others' lives no matter if they were on the island or off.
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
    2024 Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 498
    IwasBit10 wrote:

That was hilarious. Not his first appearance either. Remember back to season 3 when Kate and Sawyer are attempting to escape the Hydra Island, they confront Mac when he sitting outside a compound, reading. Kate knocks him out, and I think he makes a comment to her about that in the S6 episode.

I would die if Charlie Kelly were to pop-up somewhere, that would be amazing. :lol:

I'm calling my shot - Sweet Dee is David's mother!
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
    2024 Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2
  • Options
    igotid_8 wrote:
    IwasBit10 wrote:

I'm calling my shot - Sweet Dee is David's mother!

McElhenney said that 50 weeks of each year are consumed by acting, producing, and writing for the show, but he did find time to appear in the third season of the television show Lost as Aldo in the seventh episode, "Not in Portland". He is shown reading Stephen Hawking's A Brief History Of Time 22 minutes, 40 seconds into the episode. This was as a result of McElhenney meeting Lost co-creator and executive producer Damon Lindelof. Lindelof is a fan of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and offered to give Rob a small role in an episode. Though Aldo is thought to be deceased, Damon Lindelof revealed that Aldo isn't dead (Lindelof also joked that "No one dies on that fucking show") and may actually appear in a new Lost episode.[2] He reprised his role as Aldo in the season 6 episode "What Kate Does."

ya never know, it says 1 of em is a fan

i saw mac's mom on something recently and it made me laugh but i forgot what it was
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    mrs.....mac

haha :lol:
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    TONIGHT!!!!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    TOOOOOONIIIIIIIIGHHTTTT!!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    LOL, Thanks Maria ;)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    cdp1223 wrote:
    LOL, Thanks Maria ;)

Who's Maria? :?
  • Options
    :shock:

I thought you were doing the Tonight, Tonight song from West Side Story :oops:

I have now officially gotten old...
    GoiMTvP.gif