Big East Basketball thread

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:
    way to represent the big east uconn. :clap::clap:

highest seed in the final four :lol:

what an unreal tourney.
    UCONN!!!! It's going to be a different game against Kentucky than back in November in Maui.

i love how no acc team reached the final four when all the talk going into this past weekend was about how they had one more team in the sweet 16 than the big east. :lol::lol:
    :lol: Now I'm hearing UConn is the favorite to win it?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    UCONN!!!! It's going to be a different game against Kentucky than back in November in Maui.

i love how no acc team reached the final four when all the talk going into this past weekend was about how they had one more team in the sweet 16 than the big east. :lol::lol:

i guess their odds would be better on the other side of the bracket...but they are the highest seed remaining.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

i guess their odds would be better on the other side of the bracket...but they are the highest seed remaining.
    Yep. This week is going to drag by so much. The Butler/VCU game should be fun to watch.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Article from ESPN talking about UConn and if they're one of the "blue bloods" of college hoops.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketba ... -blueblood
  • Options
    Wow. Nate Miles is finding any excuse to be in the news now that UConn is in the final 4. He did this in 2009 also when UConn went to the final 4. This guy is pathetic.
  • Options
    GO HUSKIES!!!
  • Options
    so much for the big east being overrated.

:lol:

congrats to uconn
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Holy shit!!!! I can't believe it! I'm in so much shock right now.

Big what? The BIG FUCKING EAST!!!!

UConn!!
  • Options
    Posted this in the college basketball thread. Way to make the Big East look bad Georgetown.

Wild and crazy finish in China.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... aab-wp4252
  • Options
  • Options
    sad day for the conference....pitt and syracuse bolt for the acc.

the big east is on shaky ground right now...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Wow, can't believe they're chickening out. Everyone knows the Big East is the best conference in the nation.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

Wow, can't believe they're chickening out. Everyone knows the Big East is the best conference in the nation.

...be interesting to see what the fallout is though
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

Yep. ACC is less competitive. All you have to really worry about in that conference is Duke and UNC.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Yep. ACC is less competitive. All you have to really worry about in that conference is Duke and UNC.

...and pitt and syracuse. it's a beast of a conference again all of a sudden.

there are all different directions the big east can go now.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

...and pitt and syracuse. it's a beast of a conference again all of a sudden.

there are all different directions the big east can go now.
    Big East should've gotten rid of Depaul, Rutgers, Seton Hall, and maybe Providence and South Florida.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    so it looks like.....4 super confrences are shaping up

:?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I don't want UConn to be a candidate to join the ACC.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... e-coup-acc
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627
    Ha, Syracuse chickening out. Yeah, that's exactly what they're doing. Going to be very strange and not sure how I feel but that is one hell of a conference. Looking forward to seeing unc in the dome.

Assume the biggest rival will be Pitt.
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    As much as I'd like UConn to stay in the Big East, them going to the ACC would make it just about the scariest conference ever.
  • Options
    f the acc

gonna miss those rivalries :x
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    f the acc

Yeah, that's going to be the weirdest thing for me. UNC-Duke already have their rilvary, so anything aside from Pitt is going to be pretty manfactured. If UConn goes to the ACC that will obviously still be there. Will be interesting. Your boys are going to be in a tough spot if UConn ends up leaving. Nova-Georgetown-ND as the top 3 teams?
  • Options
    f the acc

The UConn-Syracuse rivalry still better happen.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    f the acc

Yeah, that's going to be the weirdest thing for me. UNC-Duke already have their rilvary, so anything aside from Pitt is going to be pretty manfactured. If UConn goes to the ACC that will obviously still be there. Will be interesting. Your boys are going to be in a tough spot if UConn ends up leaving. Nova-Georgetown-ND as the top 3 teams?
    And West Virginia could be in the talks for top teams in the Big East.
  • Options
    Well BC didnt have a shot in hell in the previous ACC....
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
  • Options
    talk of a merger with the big 12 now.

:roll: this is a sad time. i don't think people realize that this conference is on the verge of/in the middle of armegeddon. it will never look the same.

syracuse not playing in the big east tourney at msg? msg was like their home away from home. the acc commish is now talking about moving the acc tourney to new york. i fucking hate this.

and it's the basketball centric catholic schools like nova, st johns, and g town that will suffer the most.

dana o'neil sums this up perfectly. she used to write in philly about nova and the big 5 a lot. she knows her shit:
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... basketball
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Big East and the ACC could have their tournaments in NYC with the new arena opening in Brooklyn.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    Newch91 wrote:
    The Big East and the ACC could have their tournaments in NYC with the new arena opening in Brooklyn.

There's a new arena opening in Brooklyn...for which pro team is it for and where exactly in Brooklyn? That was once my home loong time ago.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

There's a new arena opening in Brooklyn...for which pro team is it for and where exactly in Brooklyn? That was once my home loong time ago.

Peace

Atlantic Ave and Flatbush. Its for the Nets. Opening after next season I believe.