I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,655

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,713
    May 30th said:

Excellent!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited October 2020
    Skid Row - Slave to the Grind
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,867

Didn’t find any RSD albums today, but picked these up because who can leave a record store empty handed. I got The Who to replace my beat up copy from the early 80s. I played that record out. The Lynyrd Skynyrd thread inspired me to get this one. I realized I didn’t have any in my collection. The Cure and Count Five - I just wanted. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Didn’t find any RSD albums today, but picked these up because who can leave a record store empty handed. I got The Who to replace my beat up copy from the early 80s. I played that record out. The Lynyrd Skynyrd thread inspired me to get this one. I realized I didn’t have any in my collection. The Cure and Count Five - I just wanted. 

Count Five in the way-back machine!  Very cool.  Haven't seen that album in any form in forever- nice!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    edited October 2020
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Count Five in the way-back machine!  Very cool.  Haven't seen that album in any form in forever- nice!
    Yeah. One of the early garage bands. The one I got was a special edition on white vinyl. Someone had just sold the store several garage band albums - Shadows of Knight, The Pretty Things, early Yardbirds, the Standells, and a few other bands I was less familiar with. I should have bought them all.
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
    edited October 2020
    I tried for this all day yesterday. Something tells me all of the copies didn’t make it from the distributor to the shelves. I’m gonna sit and wait and hope more turn up later.
  • Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388

my gord downie collection is almost complete. got all of his solo records just now, save for Secret Path, which I bought when it came out. now just need the record he did with the Sadies (which was sold out at the time i ordered these). 

FFS. after i had thought i had placed this order, i didn't receive any email confirmation or anything. so i contacted the website folks, and they said they had no orders under my cell number i provided them.

today i got my second box of all of these records. now i remember....when i had placed my first order, it had auto-completed with my old cell number, which changed this summer. i didin't realize it when placing the order. so when they told me they had no record of my order, i placed it again. 

now i have two of almost every gord downie vinyl. SMFH
    Oh no way!!! That sucks but is kinda funny 😆😆😆
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,784
    I tried for this all day yesterday. Something tells me all of the copies didn’t make it from the distributor to the shelves. I’m gonna sit and wait and hope more turn up later.
    Not again...I think that may have happened with brandie c release too. 16,000. Maybe a new sales tactic.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    toolie said:

my gord downie collection is almost complete. got all of his solo records just now, save for Secret Path, which I bought when it came out. now just need the record he did with the Sadies (which was sold out at the time i ordered these). 

FFS. after i had thought i had placed this order, i didn't receive any email confirmation or anything. so i contacted the website folks, and they said they had no orders under my cell number i provided them.

today i got my second box of all of these records. now i remember....when i had placed my first order, it had auto-completed with my old cell number, which changed this summer. i didin't realize it when placing the order. so when they told me they had no record of my order, i placed it again. 

now i have two of almost every gord downie vinyl. SMFH
    Oh no way!!! That sucks but is kinda funny 😆😆😆
    i looked at the packing slips today. i had actually used my new cell number both times....just my old area code on the first one. in fairness, the person that i was emailing said they had nothing under my cell number nor my name. so they are kinda culpable in this. i'm going to ask if there's anything that can be done. i realize this is mostly my fault, but if she had actually looked for my name, she would have found it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,655
    edited October 2020
    Just preordered the new Blue Note Classic Series of Lee Morgan's Sidewinder. Looks to be another great reissue campaign from Blue Note for next year and the Tone Poet series just keeps on coming. They're really on a roll. This one seems to contain more "familiar" titles but if the quality is as consistent as the Tone Poet series then they should have no problem selling tons of them. 

http://www.bluenote.com/classic-vinyl-reissue-series/

Post edited by pjpjpaul on
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,076
    Riot Act! I now have 7 PJ studio albums on vinyl, I really should just complete the collection.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,762
    ceska said:
    Riot Act! I now have 7 PJ studio albums on vinyl, I really should just complete the collection.

quite happy to have backspacer as a hole in my collection. not butthurt about lightening bolt(backspacer part 2) either......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,076
    Lightning Bolt has some of the best artwork though. My holes are Binaural, Avocado, Lightning Bolt, and Gigaton

• Options
    pjpjpaul said:
    Just preordered the new Blue Note Classic Series of Lee Morgan's Sidewinder. Looks to be another great reissue campaign from Blue Note for next year and the Tone Poet series just keeps on coming. They're really on a roll. This one seems to contain more "familiar" titles but if the quality is as consistent as the Tone Poet series then they should have no problem selling tons of them. 

http://www.bluenote.com/classic-vinyl-reissue-series/

I'm amazed and delighted at the resurgence of interest in great jazz!  Looks like another great one you have coming there!

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    Yeah I agree. Thanks for the heads up on the new series. It's nice that they have the schedule out there.  
  • Options

Acoustic Sounds Series 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    pjpjpaul said:

Acoustic Sounds Series 
    Enjoy. Was my family’s dinner music over the weekend.
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:

Acoustic Sounds Series 
    Probably one of the most played albums at dinner or cocktail parties. Great music in the background or the forefront. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Acoustic Sounds Series 
    Probably one of the most played albums at dinner or cocktail parties. Great music in the background or the forefront. 
    It feels like an episode of Mad Men
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Acoustic Sounds Series 
    It feels like an episode of Mad Men
    So true. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,528
    Electric 6 (Known as The Wildbunch) - Live RSD
    City and Colour - The Hurry and the Harm
    Spice Girls - Greatest Hits (seriously)
    Janet Jackson - Janet
    White Stripes - Greatest Hits (TMR Vault pre-order)
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Enjoy. Those will keep you busy.  You'll be mighty impressed with the live set. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Yay!! You got your Miles Davis.

• Options
    have run out of room on the bookshelf. have arrived at buy ikea or build that bin stand....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

Massively cool!

• Options
    edited October 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    have run out of room on the bookshelf. have arrived at buy ikea or build that bin stand....
    Sooner or later, you gotta do it!
    I finally made a space in my room for the 4x4 Ikea Kallax (I went with the "black-brown").  It was a bit of a challenge to put together (had to redo about half way through which was a pain), but once done have been super pleased with it and can at last have my 55 + years worth of LP collection all in one place (including a few added since this photo):
    (Weird- again using Postimage, the photo is squashed.  Wonder what's up with that?)
    Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I finally made a space in my room for the 4x4 Ikea Kallax (I went with the "black-brown").  It was a bit of a challenge to put together (had to redo about half way through which was a pain), but once done have been super pleased with it and can at last have my 55 + years worth of LP collection all in one place (including a few added since this photo):
    (Weird- again using Postimage, the photo is squashed.  Wonder what's up with that?)

50 or so per cube?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

50 or so per cube?
    I built four bins for my records that sit on a cubicle stand.  Stained them to match everything else and look great.  I found plans to build a stand alone bin that I think will hold a few hundred.  Going to start on that when the winter begins.  I'm also just about out of space.