Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,713
    GlowGirl said:
    static111 said:
    Picked these up today.  Started listening to Cohen...this thing smokes.  Very clear pressing, sound is phenomenal.  Gonna crank All That You Can’t Leave Behind tomorrow and party like it’s 2000
    I can’t believe that U2 album is 20 years old. I clearly remember buying the CD when it came out. Was that 20 years ago. Yikes!

20 years?  No way!  Whoa!!! 

Great albums, both!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options

• Options
    Loujoe said:
    good mail day. Now I just have to find a quiet spot to blast this. 
    I was a big exploited fan back in the day.  Not sure how it would translate to me now?

What'd you think?
  • Options
    static111 said:
    Picked these up today.  Started listening to Cohen...this thing smokes.  Very clear pressing, sound is phenomenal.  Gonna crank All That You Can’t Leave Behind tomorrow and party like it’s 2000
    I bought the Leonard Cohen one a month or two ago. One of my absolute favorite live albums. Streamed it to death before picking up the vinyl.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    Loujoe said:
    I was a big exploited fan back in the day.  Not sure how it would translate to me now?

What'd you think?
    I was too.  But I just can't get into punk, speed metal, and all things I listened to as a youth anymore.  I've gone much, much softer.
  • Options
    A friend picked up this for me, cost 9 bucks.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

What'd you think?
    I was too.  But I just can't get into punk, speed metal, and all things I listened to as a youth anymore.  I've gone much, much softer.
    Really?  I still love the Misfits, Minor Threat and Dead Kennedys.  Am even enjoying Stiff little Fingers and Bad Brains still.  It's the basic stuff that doesn't quite do it for me anymore.

Oh and the album Flex Your Head is still in heavy rotation for me.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

What'd you think?
    Really?  I still love the Misfits, Minor Threat and Dead Kennedys.  Am even enjoying Stiff little Fingers and Bad Brains still.  It's the basic stuff that doesn't quite do it for me anymore.

Misfits I could probably listen to.  Not the Kennedys,  milkman, MOD, etc.  In fact,  I listen to as much jazz as rock these days.  As a wise man once said.... what a drag it is getting old...
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,784
    Loujoe said:

What'd you think?
    It's truly bad like nasty punk should be. Wattie is mean and obnoxious to certain people. I don't agree with all that. I thought it would be tough to get with only 500 pressed. I got it for cost on discogs with little regrets. Keep your money and just listen to someone yelling at you for a similar thrill!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832

how you have enough money for food is beyond me. 
    Hope I’m not coming across as a douchebag HFD!  
    I’ve developed a real addiction lol.  I went to three other shops and bought more. After today I’ve told myself that I can only buy the Facelift RE until after Xmas. No more. The 2nd haul today:

LMAO. of course not. you use your hard-earned money for whatever you please. it was more out of jealousy than anything. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,655
    VMP Dead Anthology.  
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited November 2020
    static111 said:
    I bought the Leonard Cohen one a month or two ago. One of my absolute favorite live albums. Streamed it to death before picking up the vinyl.
    Yeah I have wanted this album for a while and finally went for it. Glad I did. It’s beautiful and the sound is amazing.  I’m just now listening to the 180g 20 year anniversary U2.  It is phenomenal and if anyone is a fan I highly recommend it. One bonus is that they have added the Salman Rushdie penned non album track “The Ground Beneath Her Feet” as the closing track.  
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638
    May 30th said:
    DC29940 said:
    I had to take my Matt Berninger back to the store. It was super warped. Just a heads up. 
    Ordered mine online and lucked out. Played it this weekend and it was nice and flat. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    pjpjpaul said:
    VMP Dead Anthology.  
    That’s a nice set. Already owned everything in it except Without a Net. When you dig into it, you’ll have to report back.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,867
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

What'd you think?

I still love all of those bands as well. Also, Rancid. 
  • Options
    DC29940 said:
    May 30th said:
    DC29940 said:
    I had to take my Matt Berninger back to the store. It was super warped. Just a heads up. 
    Ordered mine online and lucked out. Played it this weekend and it was nice and flat. 
    Had no issues with mine thankfully. Came with a Green slip mat too..that I won't use, but nice little extra.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

What'd you think?

Lets PARTY!!!!
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

What'd you think?

I'm a big fan of Tim and his work with the Agrolytes.  Wish he'd do another album like that.

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

What'd you think?

Misfits I could probably listen to.  Not the Kennedys,  milkman, MOD, etc.  In fact,  I listen to as much jazz as rock these days.  As a wise man once said.... what a drag it is getting old...
    DK Frankencrist is a must listen still for me.
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

What'd you think?

I'm a big fan of Tim and his work with the Agrolytes.  Wish he'd do another album like that.

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

What'd you think?

DK Frankencrist is a must listen still for me.
    yeah I woudl probably find that closer to tolerable.  Definitely wasn't hardcore punk. 
  • Options
    Wow...what the heck is that!^^^
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    The famous Classic cuts.  They're all outrageously expensive.  I had no idea you could do a figgin' box of them. 
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Just got the email about it and thought you guys could appreciate it.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    The famous Classic cuts.  They're all outrageously expensive.  I had no idea you could do a figgin' box of them. 
    Imagine scratching one of those. I wonder if they sound incredible.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited November 2020
    ahhh, the Classic Zeppelin cuts. Very nice
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    How does this differ from the boxsets that were released individually?
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited November 2020
    MedozK said:
    How does this differ from the boxsets that were released individually?
    As far as I know, (and I'm sure @mrussel1. can correct me if I'm wrong), but these 45 RPM Classic cuts were never released to the public. Classic records folded before they could be released.

Test pressings of these go for THOUSANDS.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    And each record has only one side of music.