Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    edited September 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

Excellent! 

I hope you found a good copy of Cheap Thrills.  It took my a few tries a couple years ago to find a suitable replacement for an old beater.  Such a great album!
    will put that on next.
    vinyl looks pristine. no scuffs or surface scratches. doubt its been played many times at all. nm is my estimation.

Sweet!  I can hear that opening riff and wild driving intro to "Combination of the Two" just thinking about it! 
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwww!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,801
    edited September 2020
    its a 68 press too
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    amazon purchase. arrived yesterday.
    How does this sound?  

havent spun yet but bought this version cuz @dankind has it and posted in the on turntable thread.
    off topic: I found out the other day that the 80's hair metal band Ratt's first name was actually Mickey Ratt at the beginning, and they later just changed it to Ratt. Is that the origin of your username?
    HA!  I wrote him and asked the same thing!
  • Options

Can’t wait for all these beauties to arrive. 
    Down by Law. Wow!
  • Options

Can’t wait for all these beauties to arrive. 
    Down by Law. Wow!
    That is a great album. Can’t wait to spin it 👍
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    On vacation in Southern BC. Wildfire smoke from south of the 49th put a damper on things so I visited a few record shops. I remember this OLP record is better than Clumsy (which just doesn’t hold up well) and it $17.99CDN so I took a flyer. 
    Really pumped to stumble upon the Flogging Molly wax though! 

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    @brianlux Looks like that Palo Alto Thelonious show is coming on the 18th.  https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/152033/Thelonious_Monk-Palo_Alto-Vinyl_Record
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    @brianlux Looks like that Palo Alto Thelonious show is coming on the 18th.  https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/152033/Thelonious_Monk-Palo_Alto-Vinyl_Record

On Acoustic Sounds no less!  Awesome- thanks for the heads up, M!    I don't often pre-order but I did on this one- a no brainer!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

What's on this?
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

What's on this?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

Man, that record store of yours!  Mighty fine stuff!

• Options
    edited September 2020
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

from 2 bins...... out of 6 used new arrival bins

except the jonathan winters came from a thrift store

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

Used Kids!  Gotta be in the mood to bin dig when you get there, especially if you are looking for old stuff. I have spent a lot of time sitting on the floor there.  One day I'll dig through the 45 wall.  I think I'll have to eat and have a lot of caffeine first.  My husband just told me that it is his favorite.  (Though he has pretty good luck at Magnolia.)  We definitely set aside a chunk of time when we visit Used Kids.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

Used Kids!  Gotta be in the mood to bin dig when you get there, especially if you are looking for old stuff. I have spent a lot of time sitting on the floor there.  One day I'll dig through the 45 wall.  I think I'll have to eat and have a lot of caffeine first.  My husband just told me that it is his favorite.  (Though he has pretty good luck at Magnolia.)  We definitely set aside a chunk of time when we visit Used Kids.  
    becoming a regular sunday thing....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

You could chip away at that wall for me.  Looking for a '91 single. :smiley: 

I'm a few hours north.  Haven't been down to Columbus in well over a year.  COVID crushed some traveling stuff.  
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

I'm a few hours north.  Haven't been down to Columbus in well over a year.  COVID crushed some traveling stuff.  

91 single?  pj?

• Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

91 single?  pj?
    Yup. Besides the ones we are waiting on, it's the only single I do not have. Square Records in Akron had a collection turned in. I believe I bought 13 from them. A friend worked there. He was keeping an eye out for me. No 91 though. My husband has chipped away at getting the others they didn't have. eBay, Discogs and The Exchange for those. 
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

91 single?  pj?
    Yup. Besides the ones we are waiting on, it's the only single I do not have. Square Records in Akron had a collection turned in. I believe I bought 13 from them. A friend worked there. He was keeping an eye out for me. No 91 though. My husband has chipped away at getting the others they didn't have. eBay, Discogs and The Exchange for those. 

so which? xmas single or ....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

91 single?  pj?

so which? xmas single or ....
    Sorry. Christmas single. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

What's on this?

what's the sound like on this?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

What's on this?

what's the sound like on this?

some better than others. overall I grade c.  woukd liken it to ok fan shot video....

But I like that its early and raw from them.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,795
    reminds me of when Rerun, from What's Happening, was recording the Doobie Brothers for some sketchy dudes and his tape deck fell out of his overcoat. Those Doobies were mad. I miss that show...
  • Options

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    ^ Super bueno.  I've always loved those sessions. 
  • Options
    Got two super cool LPs today!  Stoked!

• Options
    edited September 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    ^ Super bueno.  I've always loved those sessions.
    I used to have a boot of the June 27 69 set. Played the hell out of it. Jimmy just killed White Summer/Black Mountainside. Found that boot again and bouht it. But I ran through that above one night on Apple Music.

Fuck me were all those sets on fire.... couldnt NOT have it.