Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Leeze wrote:
    Aaaaargh! Yesterday, I sent a vinyl package home in order to lighten my luggae, but today I just couldn't resist entering when I walked by a record store ...

The played this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRikuZgwbbvMz97q9FojFSQiri3ToYOCJb_OfjWuu3Sxy5ODlgo and it made me feel good and so I weakened and bought it :lol: Well, this one's going to travel by my side ...

That's a pretty good series that - I have the Stevie Wonder one of those, and have seen a few other nice ones on my travels. Good sound too
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Hit charity shop gold today, some collectible records very cheap.

Got Waiting for the Sun (doors), early 'Butterfly' pressing - which sounds so much better than my 80s pressing.

Also Blood on the Tracks with an alternative cover that I've not seen before - nice looking record which will probably be my back up of this album

Then Desire (Dylan), I have two 1970s copies of this album, but was playing it the other day, and they are both a bit patchy- this one sounds a lot better.

• Options
    i finally bought LOST DOGS !!

i'm waiting fot ir to arrives, it's been almost 2 weeks so i'm very ansious :D
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    tremors wrote:

Got Waiting for the Sun (doors), early 'Butterfly' pressing - which sounds so much better than my 80s pressing.

Also Blood on the Tracks with an alternative cover that I've not seen before - nice looking record which will probably be my back up of this album

Then Desire (Dylan), I have two 1970s copies of this album, but was playing it the other day, and they are both a bit patchy- this one sounds a lot better.

Love Blood on The Tracks... What's the alternative cover?
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    finally received my pre-order today :)
    white vinyl, no. out of 500 only (MOV) and a What Records exclusive LP
    JeffBuckleywhitevinyl.jpg
  • Options
    jshin wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Love Blood on The Tracks... What's the alternative cover?

BOTTSA.jpg
    BOTTUKBack1.jpg (back cover)

I have an earlier UK pressing of this album, which sounds out of this world - but I'm nervous about playing it sometimes. Just played the new one, and it sounds great - so will probably give it a bit of mileage. I like to have two or even three nice copies of certain albums - if I can find a cheap and nice earlyish version like this, then I'm happy!

• Options
    A couple months ago my in-laws came to visit us and brought with them two big boxes of vinyl.. There are so many great albums all original presses .. The Beatles,Kinks,Pink Floyd,Zappa,Dr John,Eric Burdon,Traffic,Zeppelin,The Who,Yes,Blue Oyster Cult,The Doors... just on and on... Only problem is, They were stored in these boxes, in an outside shed, in all sorts of weather for 20+ years.. I'm going to take a few of the really good ones and have them cleaned. I just hope there isn't damage to the vinyl from heating up and freezing and what not... I put Black Sabbath 'Master of Reality' on the turntable one day(for about 10 seconds) and it sounded so horrible.. I'm really hoping they just need a good cleaning.

• Options
    jshin wrote:
    A couple months ago my in-laws came to visit us and brought with them two big boxes of vinyl.. There are so many great albums all original presses .. The Beatles,Kinks,Pink Floyd,Zappa,Dr John,Eric Burdon,Traffic,Zeppelin,The Who,Yes,Blue Oyster Cult,The Doors... just on and on... Only problem is, They were stored in these boxes, in an outside shed, in all sorts of weather for 20+ years.. I'm going to take a few of the really good ones and have them cleaned. I just hope there isn't damage to the vinyl from heating up and freezing and what not... I put Black Sabbath 'Master of Reality' on the turntable one day(for about 10 seconds) and it sounded so horrible.. I'm really hoping they just need a good cleaning.

Sounds great - good luck! I've inherited quite a few records in recent years - from people who have big old collections that only play CDs, and know I collect the vinyl - I have got some great great records this way. You will probably find that a few will play absolutely brilliantly, some will need some salvaging, and some are beyond repair. Cleaning up an early pressing (for me) is infinitely preferable to buying a later reissue - even if there is a bit of noise - on average the tone of first pressings of records between 1965 - 1975 roughly is streets ahead of anything that has ever been produced since imho, so I have found it is worth persevering. When you hit gold you will know it!

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    jshin wrote:

Sounds great - good luck! I've inherited quite a few records in recent years - from people who have big old collections that only play CDs, and know I collect the vinyl - I have got some great great records this way. You will probably find that a few will play absolutely brilliantly, some will need some salvaging, and some are beyond repair. Cleaning up an early pressing (for me) is infinitely preferable to buying a later reissue - even if there is a bit of noise - on average the tone of first pressings of records between 1965 - 1975 roughly is streets ahead of anything that has ever been produced since imho, so I have found it is worth persevering. When you hit gold you will know it!

I guess my biggest concern is groove damage from being exposed to high heat and freezing cold for so long.

• Options
    jshin wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    jshin wrote:

I guess my biggest concern is groove damage from being exposed to high heat and freezing cold for so long.

Yeah, that sounds like a worry. Have they really been exposed to a lot of extremes? Sounds like they could all be ruined :( . This wouldn't work if the grooves are damaged, but I was just reading about getting warps out of records, by putting them between two sheets of glass, and into a not very warm oven for a few minutes. I'm yet to try this, but it sounds viable for some records. Risky though - probably only worth trying as a last resort for some records.

• Options
    They were packed in the boxes pretty tight so warping isn't a problem, as far as the temperature goes Below freezing for the winters and anywhere from 90-100 degree's in the summers.. The good news is that they were standing up as opposed to laying in stacks.

• Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,515
    Picked up a few things today...

U2 - War
    U2 - The Joshua Tree
    R.E.M. - Reckoning
    Simon and Garfunkel - The Concert In Central Park
  • Options
    EdLawEdLaw Posts: 194
    Just got an (original) copy of Vs. Glorious!

Finally bought a half decent turntable, amp and speakers a couple weeks back, so I'm gonna be going a bit vinyl mad.
    And I planted my bolo knife in the neck of mad John Finn. I took his wretched life.
    Now I'm over near the bandstand, every hand moving on John Finn's wife...
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,056
    Primus - Green Naugahyde - 2lps 45rpm Green Vinyl - with cd. Ordered from their website.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Mailman just dropped it off..

2011-09-15135443.jpg

Probably gonna stay on the turntable until Monday..

• Options
    jshin wrote:

2011-09-15135443.jpg

Just got mine in the mail as well. Currently spinning it right now.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    jshin wrote:

2011-09-15135443.jpg

Just got mine in the mail as well. Currently spinning it right now.
    I'm about to flip back to side A, for the third time... Loving it!

• Options
    No kidding, such a great album. It's kind of cool because I've only been buying vinyl for about 6 months now, and I had yet to buy a record of something that I hadn't already heard before. American Goldwing is the first one I've bought and heard for the very first time on the turntable. I fought the urge to listen to the online streams and all that good stuff, I was proud of myself :lol:
  • Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    -Grave_Dancers_Union_3.jpg
    been wanting this one for a while...
    ~JzP
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    JzP wrote:
    -Grave_Dancers_Union_3.jpg
    been wanting this one for a while...

nice!!! would love to own that record...some really great tunes!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    queens-of-the-stone-age.jpg
    Picked up one of these at PJ20! My first QOTSA vinyl, sounds great. :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:

nice!!! i almost bought one as well, but remembered that my local store has it & didn't want to carry it all day. :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

nice!!! i almost bought one as well, but remembered that my local store has it & didn't want to carry it all day. :)
    Slack Matt! :lol: I carried that bitch all the way home to the end of the world! :lol::lol::lol:
    Nah, just kidding I would have done the same. :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Primus - Green Naugahyde - 2lps 45rpm Green Vinyl - with cd. Ordered from their website.

How is the new Primus album? I had it in my hands at the record store yesterday, looked like it was a limited edition version because it said something out of 750 on it. But, I didn't pull the trigger on it and now I'm thinking about going back and seeing if they still have it.
  • Options

How is the new Primus album? I had it in my hands at the record store yesterday, looked like it was a limited edition version because it said something out of 750 on it. But, I didn't pull the trigger on it and now I'm thinking about going back and seeing if they still have it.
    Could be wrong but I think there's none left. Damn! :(

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:

Don't say that! I'm regretting it now :? Gonna call them first thing in the morning.
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:

Lorna---my local shop has 3 copies of it! Just say the word & I'll pick one up for ya!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

Lorna---my local shop has 3 copies of it! Just say the word & I'll pick one up for ya!

Freakin sweet, thanks man. I'll let you know in the morning after I call my shop.
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

Aww thanks mate, I'll do the same as the Capt. and I'll get back to you. Very nice of you. :)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2