Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    LukinFan said:

photo IMG_5045_zpsczrmnsqn.jpg
    The Doors - The Soft Parade (Spain Version)

photo IMG_5046_zpsscxlfr0o.jpg
    Back Cover

Cool
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    Wings Over American - Wings/Paul McCartney

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    New:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2012 Reissue.

A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    By the way - Red Hot Chilli Peppers - $16 shipped - http://merchandiseoutlet.com/red-hot-chili-peppers-by-the-way-vinyl/
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Houses of the Holy remaster (European version; I had to return the U.S. version)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Houses of the Holy remaster (European version; I had to return the U.S. version)

Did you have the distortion on The Ocean?
  • Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    Pre-ordered Ultramega OK - Soundgarden.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    New:
    2017 Remastered reissue.

Thought I'd better see what all the fuss is about...

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    MedozK said:

dankind said:

Yeah, someone tell me that the UK version is clean please... The US version has horrible reviews. Love the album but have held off until I get this straight.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

dankind said:

Yeah, someone tell me that the UK version is clean please... The US version has horrible reviews. Love the album but have held off until I get this straight.
    Why not just get an original? There were millions of them pressed back in the 70's and you can still find good one's cheaply. I have an original German gatefold pressing, sounds amazing...
    Post edited by reesdog on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

dankind said:

The EU is the one I have. They are perfect, they were pressed at Optimal while the US version was pressed at Pallas.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

dankind said:

The EU is the one I have. They are perfect, they were pressed at Optimal while the US version was pressed at Pallas.
    How does it sound? My experience with the early albums is that Zep I and III are very good. Zep II is a little flat. Where does this one stand?
  • Options
    reesdog said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

dankind said:

Why not just get an original? There were millions of them pressed back in the 70's and you can still find good one's cheaply. I have an original German gatefold pressing, sounds amazing...
    Hmmm. Would definitely consider an early press. I so like 180 grams thouugh..
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

reesdog said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

dankind said:

Hmmm. Would definitely consider an early press. I so like 180 grams thouugh..
    Haha, fair call, they are nice. But Euro originals to my knowledge and ears sound very sweet. Just saying! :)

• Options
    edited February 2017
    mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

dankind said:

How does it sound? My experience with the early albums is that Zep I and III are very good. Zep II is a little flat. Where does this one stand?
    Sounds really good to me, but I don't have an original to compare. So, I can't help you much with that comparison. The Zep II you need to be on the outlook for is the double RL Monarch pressing. These go for a couple hundred in VG shape.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I like the sound of the remasters, and the US version of Houses of the Holy just had horrible QC issues--side two: when it wasn't skipping all over the place, it had cacophonous dissonance.

The EU pressing is good.

OGs are obviously great, but they did some pretty amazing separations for the remasters to try to get it to sound like it did in the studio.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    dankind said:

...side two: when it wasn't skipping all over the place, it had cacophonous dissonance.

dang bro.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    I always thought that's what CD stood for all these years...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Old 97's---Too Far To Care (reissue)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    New:
    2x Vinyl gatefold.

Great up-and-coming band these guys out of Seattle and one off the best albums I picked up at the end of last year. Highly recommended..
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Rolling Stones Let it Bleed...Didnt have any markings that it was clear vinyl..cool surprise
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options

Rolling Stones Let it Bleed...Didnt have any markings that it was clear vinyl..cool surprise

I've been watching these and getting ready to buy one. They are from a series called "Clearly Classics" or something like that and they are all clear vinyl. This is my fav Stones album. How does it sound??
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    edited February 2017
    mrussel1 said:

I've been watching these and getting ready to buy one. They are from a series called "Clearly Classics" or something like that and they are all clear vinyl. This is my fav Stones album. How does it sound??
    Sounds great to me..no pops or crackles and the mix is good..love the sleeve says " this record should be played loud"...will try that tomorrow. Sidenote..its 180 g and you can actually get it in and out of the " shell " without cussing,
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options

mrussel1 said:

Sounds great to me..no pops or crackles and the mix is good..love the sleeve says " this record should be played loud"...will try that tomorrow. Sidenote..its 180 g and you can actually get it in and out of the " shell " without cussing,
    I like it!!! I just blew a lot of cash on records in the past week, but I'm locked in as this being the next up..

On another note, I've discovered I can launder money, hiding from my wife, using paypal.
  • Options
    Riot Act - $175 off flea bay - Studio collection complete......
  • Options

Congrats!!!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Congrats!!!
    Thanks, needed a bit of liquid courage- but it was inevitable- she would be mine!!!
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Congrats!!!
    Thanks, needed a bit of liquid courage- but it was inevitable- she would be mine!!!
    Seems like you never regret the things you buy....only the things on which you pass.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

Nice!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Congrats!!!
    Seems like you never regret the things you buy....only the things on which you pass.
    Right, like the time I saw self-titled in the used bin for 30 dollars and passed. That topic could be a thread on its own...