Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

I'm waiting till they are released individually. Not a big enough fan of all his stuff, but will prolly pick up a couple.

Me too
    This was my plan too originally. But I do think they will release individual...however I haven't read it anywhere yet.
    I think the only one that may be released individually in the next couple of years is Wildflowers. He's talked about releasing a deluxe album with the bsides because it was originally going to be a double album. He's also talked about doing a Wildflowers tour in smaller venues, which would be awesome.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    mfc2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

I'm waiting till they are released individually. Not a big enough fan of all his stuff, but will prolly pick up a couple.

Me too
    This was my plan too originally. But I do think they will release individual...however I haven't read it anywhere yet.
    I think the only one that may be released individually in the next couple of years is Wildflowers. He's talked about releasing a deluxe album with the bsides because it was originally going to be a double album. He's also talked about doing a Wildflowers tour in smaller venues, which would be awesome.
    I agree that's the likeliest. I thought that deluxe was coming out this year. However I did not hear he would do a small venue tour. I thought perhaps this upcoming tour would be WF heavy.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I'm waiting for them individually or a dynamite deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wildflowers deluxe thing is put off for awhile. Haven't heard talk of it for a long time.

Seems like a pretty common timeline to release the full catalog as a set or two, then a year or two later put them out individually.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

I'm waiting for them individually or a dynamite deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wildflowers deluxe thing is put off for awhile. Haven't heard talk of it for a long time.

Seems like a pretty common timeline to release the full catalog as a set or two, then a year or two later put them out individually.

I think that's what Bruce essentially did. I was gifted box 1 so that meant I needed to buy box 2. It was a moral obligation. That's why my plan changed. Otherwise I would have waited it out and prayed it didn't become like the live box set which goes for a lot of money aftermarket.
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Second-hand:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Australian original from 1983.
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Tom Petty The Live Anthology
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:

On vinyl??? That sucker ain't cheap.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    reesdog said:

Second-hand:

Cool. Were the Australian versions cut by Robert Ludwig like the US versions?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:

bflynn1 said:

I love this collection, but I chose not to purchase the vinyl since it was all digitally sourced anyway.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

mrussel1 said:

bflynn1 said:

I love this collection, but I chose not to purchase the vinyl since it was all digitally sourced anyway.
    I believe there are 24/96 files. Are those the ones you got? If not I believe I have them.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Thing Soundtrack Reissue from Waxwork Records
    Back in stock for preorders until the end of today. Sold out yesterday in minutes.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Back in stock for preorders until the end of today. Sold out yesterday in minutes.

You get the Ice or Snow version?
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Snow. The Ice was too rich for me right now, tho it looks like its an impressive edition.
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    MedozK said:

reesdog said:

Second-hand:

I'm not too sure, I don't think so, checked for the RL on there, but can't find it. Still sounds great though!

A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    reesdog said:

MedozK said:

reesdog said:

Second-hand:

I'm not too sure, I don't think so, checked for the RL on there, but can't find it. Still sounds great though!

Does it have the 'Masterdisk' stamp?
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    MedozK said:

I grabbed the Ice version. I couldn't resist, my favorite horror/sci-fi flick.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

dankind said:

mrussel1 said:

bflynn1 said:

I believe there are 24/96 files. Are those the ones you got? If not I believe I have them.
    I have the CD set. I was going to buy the vinyl, but then I noticed that the recordings were all digitally sourced, put the vinyl set back on the shelf and bought the CDs.

It would've been neat to have, but if it's a digital recording, I'm going with the digital format.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

MedozK said:

I grabbed the Ice version. I couldn't resist, my favorite horror/sci-fi flick.
    It is a dandy. I have most of Carpenters S/T's tracked down but not all yet.
  • Options
    Hell yeah! What a deal. Don't forget that one of the sides plays in reverse. Start from the inside. There's also an angel hologram in the run out.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,354
    Couldn't pass this up for $10.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

It should be owned regardless of the price.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    RP112579 said:

Love that site & check it daily.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Lazaretto is neat to have for all its gimmicks, but it's probably Jack White's weakest musical output.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Lazaretto is neat to have for all its gimmicks, but it's probably Jack White's weakest musical output.

Which is still better than most musical outputs these days..
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

dankind said:

True.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

mrussel1 said:

dankind said:

True.
    But I do like it better than most Dead Weather efforts and Broken Boy Soldiers.. fwiw.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    mfc2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

Me too

Bullmoose just tweeted that all the petty albums will be released individually except Wildflowers.
  • Options

mfc2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

Me too

Bullmoose just tweeted that all the petty albums will be released individually except Wildflowers.
    Wow.... Why would he hold that one back? The only reason is to encourage box set purchases. They don't want to cannibalize the box set. If it was purely about an upcoming deluxe release, well that's still an individual release. Just a guess...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    That seems like good news on the Deluxe Wildflowers front imo. Like it will be part of a different run/format if release.