The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757

igotid88 said:

I'm more sad that Mattingly won't get a chance for a ring, than Jeter's retirement.

Maybe he shouldn't have sat his best player
    I don't understand that at all.
    Struck out 8 of his last 9 I believe
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

I'm more sad that Mattingly won't get a chance for a ring, than Jeter's retirement.

And he is still the best player on the team.

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

And he is still the best player on the team.
    It was a tough decision I bet. But they have other good players. And his replacement got on base twice. I guess I'll root for Buck.
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

igotid88 said:

He's not a great manager. I think managers are overrated for the most part but, damn, Bochy seems to make some magical moves in the postseason.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited October 2014
    imalive said:

igotid88 said:

He's not a great manager. I think managers are overrated for the most part but, damn, Bochy seems to make some magical moves in the postseason.
    The players make you great. He didn't have a bullpen. if so he would have been able to take Kershaw out earlier
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

The players make you great. He didn't have a bullpen. if so he would have been able to take Kershaw out earlier
    disagree.....donnie's lack of faith does not go unnoticed. Players might reward him if he showed some faith.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Anybody already point out who lead the Yankees in batting average this year?
    Was it Cervelli?

:D=))
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

Anybody already point out who lead the Yankees in batting average this year?
    Was it Cervelli?

May be him, but only like 300 at bats probably. I assume it was Gardner/Ellsbury around .285 for the full season. Not good.
    Sounds like they want to bring Headley back, which I don't hate. That though means Arod at DH, Beltran in the outfield and no Tomas, which sucks.

Was it Cervelli?

May be him, but only like 300 at bats probably. I assume it was Gardner/Ellsbury around .285 for the full season. Not good.
    Gardner went down to .256
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Was it Cervelli?

Gardner went down to .256
    Good god. That slump dropped him down that far?

Was it Cervelli?

Ellsbury .271. Ichiro .284 but not enough ABs. McCann your RBI leader at 75 :fp:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Kevin Long and Mick Kelleher are out
    I miss igotid88
    would anyone like to explain/justify the cashman extension?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited October 2014
    imalive said:

I can't and won't. The only ring I give him credit for is 2009. He inherited Gene Michael's foundation in the 90's.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
    I just read a bunch of articles from NY papers regarding a-rod....this is going to be real interesting if he is determined to play. And, marking his territory? a class act, for sure :fp:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

I just read a bunch of articles from NY papers regarding a-rod....this is going to be real interesting if he is determined to play. And, marking his territory? a class act, for sure :fp:

I wish he would just go away.

imalive said:

I am very excited for arod haha. I am in the vast minority, I know. For one, the offense sucks and I don't know if he can dh regularly and hit after almost 2 years off, but they need anything he can give. Also, I don't think this team is all that great and I am looking forward to the circus that is spring training and him going on the the road. Should be comical

imalive said:

I can't and won't. The only ring I give him credit for is 2009. He inherited Gene Michael's foundation in the 90's.
    I don't necessarily agree with this. He was a big part of that front office before he was GM. Also, the team in 1996 was very different than the team in 2001.

Baseball is a very different game than it was in the 90's. The yankees haven't adapted well, but I think they clearly understand that

• imalive said:

I am very excited for arod haha. I am in the vast minority, I know. For one, the offense sucks and I don't know if he can dh regularly and hit after almost 2 years off, but they need anything he can give. Also, I don't think this team is all that great and I am looking forward to the circus that is spring training and him going on the the road. Should be comical
    I guess in a way it will be good to see him eat shit everywhere like he deserves. I don't even care about the roids, it's all the bullshit he spewed that makes me despise him. Such a phony.

imalive said:

I guess in a way it will be good to see him eat shit everywhere like he deserves. I don't even care about the roids, it's all the bullshit he spewed that makes me despise him. Such a phony.
    Oh yeah, he is a phony and a huge dirtball, but I don't know, I never hated him as much as the rest of the world. I guess it's because I have just always loved watching him play baseball
    Yankees trade Cervelli to Pittsburgh
    I miss igotid88
    Yankees must love the fact they get to pay Arod another $6M when he catches Mays. I'm sure there will be a big celebration.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    I so have to go on a Yankee Stadium tour when I get to New York.
    Kind of surprised by the report that the Yankees are prioritizing signing Robertson. I thought they would let him walk.
    Miller and a draft pick or Robertson?
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

Miller and a draft pick or Robertson?

Robertson

edited December 2014
    Oh boy, gonna be one of those Friday's. Yankees always seem to make moves on Friday's.

Sounds like Jeter's replacement may be Didi Gregorious. Shane Greene likely traded. If that is all, big big fan of the trade.

Could be a really strange infield.

1st: Tex/Arod
    2nd: Refsynder
    SS: Didi
    3rd. Prado

Miller next to fall this afternoon?
    Done deal. Interesting move. Not a ton of power on this team.