The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    edited December 2014
    Tanaka (elbow?), Pineda, CC (?)

Where do they go with the rotation? Nova should be back in June but who knows.

Fill out with guys they know? McCarthy has to be an imperative now. Am sure they would take Kuroda on another 1 year deal. Add Scherzer to that mix? Scherzer, Tanka, Pineda, McCarthy, CC/Nova/Kuroda? There is no shot that happens, but my god.

Not a ton of power, but have to figure as it stand today Catcher: McCann, 1st/DH: Tex/Arod, 2nd: Refsynder, SS: Didi, 3rd: Prado, RF: Beltran/Young (when Beltran is DH), CF: Ells, RF: Gardner

Pen; Betances, Robertson/Miller, Lindgren, etc.

Starting rotation above.

This team could be in a lot worse shape. Infield is getting younger. Still have old and very bloated contracts, but I don't hate this. Like I said. No power though.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    I miss igotid88

• don't think I've heard of him

Talented shortstop. Not a lot of big league experience. 243 average. Only 24, hopefully he can figure out the hitting part. If he can hit 280 and play the field well, I will take it.

don't think I've heard of him

Talented shortstop. Not a lot of big league experience. 243 average. Only 24, hopefully he can figure out the hitting part. If he can hit 280 and play the field well, I will take it.

Sounding like more of a .260 hitter but a good glove. Maybe a little bit of power in yankee stadium. 10 home runs maybe. Not a bad pickup, I don't think. Love the cheap, young, cost controlled aspect. That's what this team needs.
    And Andrew Miller. 4 years, $36 mil
  • don't think I've heard of him

Sounding like more of a .260 hitter but a good glove. Maybe a little bit of power in yankee stadium. 10 home runs maybe. Not a bad pickup, I don't think. Love the cheap, young, cost controlled aspect. That's what this team needs.

I like it too. He's young, he could still develop a little as a hitter. I wish Arod would just retire. I have a feeling he will be a strikeout machine when he comes back unless he really shortens his swing.

don't think I've heard of him

I like it too. He's young, he could still develop a little as a hitter. I wish Arod would just retire. I have a feeling he will be a strikeout machine when he comes back unless he really shortens his swing.

Going to be a really interesting team next year. As bad as it sounds. If Arod can provide any power, they need it desperately. If McCann can rebound, Beltran can stay mildly healthy, I like this team and they are still going after pitching.

FUCKING GET SCHERZER NOW

Miller got less than I expected.
  • What the hell is happening when I quote today? Jesus.
    This is the most exciting thing ever

Please, Joe, Please. Outside of Mo, a 9th inning closer is the most overrated position in sports. Use your best pitcher in the biggest situation, period.
    Two beast relievers, one from the left and one from the right. What I would give to keep Robertson still, though they aren't doing $80 mil to two relievers.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    who the hell is Jonah Keri?

Cliffy either got his old job back or got the hang of his new one.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

He is a journalist. Mostly sports/baseball. Wrote an awesome book on the Rays.

haha. A slow Friday after a busy week and the Yankees making moves.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

imalive said:

Who's Joel Sherman? ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

imalive said:

Who's Joel Sherman? ;)
    The worst
    Didi Gregorius sounds made up. I think the Yankee were duped
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    igotid88 said:

Didi Gregorius sounds made up. I think the Yankee were duped

didi is actually short for dolores.
    www.myspace.com
    Disappointed in the Robertson news. I never saw them spending $80 million on two bullpen pieces, but still sucks seeing a home grown player leave like that.

Disappointed in the Robertson news. I never saw them spending $80 million on two bullpen pieces, but still sucks seeing a home grown player leave like that.

Damn. But I think we saw this coming when he turned down the $15 mill
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Damn. But I think we saw this coming when he turned down the $15 mill
    Yeah, I know. Still sucks.
  • Disappointed in the Robertson news. I never saw them spending $80 million on two bullpen pieces, but still sucks seeing a home grown player leave like that.

So how excited should I be for Robertson with the White Sox? I know he's coming off a great year, but is the contract they gave him crazy or a good deal?

So how excited should I be for Robertson with the White Sox? I know he's coming off a great year, but is the contract they gave him crazy or a good deal?
    I think it is a fine contract. He is coming off his worst year in a couple years, but he is still an elite reliever and it isn't the easiest job replacing Mo. You will like him. He is a lot of fun to watch pitch.
    Awesome Boston lost out on Lester. They don't sign Hanley and Pablo and go into the season with that rotation, so they either have to dump potentially $200 mil into Scherzer (not going to happen) or trade some of their young good pieces for someone like Hamels who is also 30. Always like when they have to trade away pieces from their solid farm.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

Awesome Boston lost out on Lester. They don't sign Hanley and Pablo and go into the season with that rotation, so they either have to dump potentially $200 mil into Scherzer (not going to happen) or trade some of their young good pieces for someone like Hamels who is also 30. Always like when they have to trade away pieces from their solid farm.

Think the Yankees sign Scherzer? I doubt the Sox will.

cutz said:

I don't want Scherzer.
    I miss igotid88
    Dodgers sign Brandon McCarthy 4 year $48 million
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

cutz said:

I don't want Scherzer.
    I would love Scherzer but not at $200 mil.
    igotid88 said:

Dodgers sign Brandon McCarthy 4 year $48 million

This sucks, but that is steep for a guy with that shoulder history. That said, he is awesome and that sucks.
    Gotta hope Kuroda comes back