Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Reportedly 210 million? Shit is getting out of control.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Yanks had a private workout for Yoan Moncada. Get it done.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    I think I'll root for the Evil Empire as they try to withhold arod's bonuses. :))

can't wait for Yankees' spring training.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    imalive wrote: »
    I think I'll root for the Evil Empire as they try to withhold arod's bonuses. :))

The Yankees will lose that fight. They knew he was juiced when they signed him. To try and fuck him over with his contract is just wrong. There's a contract, you honor the contract.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

The Yankees will lose that fight. They knew he was juiced when they signed him. To try and fuck him over with his contract is just wrong. There's a contract, you honor the contract.

with arod.....there's no way to fuck him over.

but you're right.....they knew and now everybody knows.

I really don't want to see him collect when he catches Mays. who knows?.......maybe he won't.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

with arod.....there's no way to fuck him over.

but you're right.....they knew and now everybody knows.

I really don't want to see him collect when he catches Mays. who knows?.......maybe he won't.

He's needs what, 6 more homers to collect another bonus? I think he can do that not juiced up. The Yankees have to play him, right? I'm sure they were hoping and praying he'd retire during his suspension.
  • They don't have to play him.
    The Yankees have no business not paying those bonuses. Man up and honor the contract you gave him.
  • Agreed with Cliffy.
    Agreed with Cliffy.

If you don't want to pay him the bonuses, you cut him and pay him out his contract getting nothing on the field.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    If he's not playing well and someone else can play better I could see him not playing often. But then Jeter wasn't playing well last year and was still in the lineup almost every day. So I don't know.
    I miss igotid88
    They don't have to play him.

Pretty high priced bench warmer.
    igotid88 wrote: »
    If he's not playing well and someone else can play better I could see him not playing often. But then Jeter wasn't playing well last year and was still in the lineup almost every day. So I don't know.

Ha, well yeah, Arod is not Jeter though. If he doesn't hit, they are going to cut him. They need something out of him at DH though.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    I heard Bill Madden of the NY Daily News on MLBNetwork Radio today and he's reporting the bonus' for A-Rod are not in his contract.

Why don't the Yankees just buy him out and be done with him?
    cutz wrote: »
    I heard Bill Madden of the NY Daily News on MLBNetwork Radio today and he's reporting the bonus' for A-Rod are not in his contract.

They are a separate "marketing" contract.

Because they need anything they can get from him. No reason to eat $60 mil before you know anything.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »
    cutz wrote: »

They are a separate "marketing" contract.

Because they need anything they can get from him. No reason to eat $60 mil before you know anything.

Before you know anything? The Yankees know what he's all about: HIMSELF.

$60 MIL to the Yankees is really like $600.00>LOL!

• gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »
    Yanks had a private workout for Yoan Moncada. Get it done.

Looks like this could turn into a bidding war between the Yanks and the Sox.
    Been a few years since we had one of these.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    A report in the Buffalo News today said that during the season last year, Jeter looked into buying the Buffalo Bills. Not much info was given, who might have been behind Jeter with Billions/partners, how far he got in the process, etc...
    edited February 2015
    A-Rod and Torrie Wilson have broken up. Lasted longer than I thought it would.
    I miss igotid88
    Yankees are retiring 46
  • Yankees are retiring 46

Why?

Yankees are retiring 46

Why?
    Pettitte.

Assume this means all 4 will have their number retired and that Bernie will be left out. Bernie better get something out there. No business giving tino a plaque and not having anything for Bernie
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited February 2015

Yankees are retiring 46

Why?
    Pettitte.

Assume this means all 4 will have their number retired and that Bernie will be left out. Bernie better get something out there. No business giving tino a plaque and not having anything for Bernie
    Agree. Even during Tino's best years he wasn't one of the best in the game. Bernie had a couple of seasons that were really fucking good and he was up there. Didn't he get a hit in twelve straight at bats once? And yes, why the fuck isn't Bernie getting the love?
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Should petite have his number retired?? He's not even a Hall of Famer is he??
  • Should petite have his number retired?? Not even a Hall of Famer is he??

Huge reason for a few of our championships and the most wins in post season history. Doesn't have the stat totals for the hall but meant a lot to the Yanks. Definitely deserves his number retired.
  • Should petite have his number retired?? Not even a Hall of Famer is he??

Huge reason for a few of our championships and the most wins in post season history. Doesn't have the stat totals for the hall but meant a lot to the Yanks. Definitely deserves his number retired.
    Then good for him. It won't be long before the active Yankee roster will be using numbers 49 and higher.

Yankees are retiring 46

Why?
    Pettitte.

I think they said they would do something for Bernie next year. I don't get how Tino gets a plaque in Monument Park and Bernie gets nothing.
    I miss igotid88