The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

So they may have Tanaka in a real game soon.. Not sure what to think of that.

Gotta figure they are trying to find out if he is going to need Tommy John before getting into next season where he could miss part of 2016 if they wait.
  • So they may have Tanaka in a real game soon.. Not sure what to think of that.

Gotta figure they are trying to find out if he is going to need Tommy John before getting into next season where he could miss part of 2016 if they wait.
    Good point Cliffy. And I guess even a mediocre, possibly short start, is'nt too bad in their current position.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    edited September 2014
    Betances breaks Mariano's strikeout record for a Yankee reliever
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • I was just about to post this in here....really cool. Not a Yankees fan, but I am just eating up all this stuff for Jeter. I couldn't even imagine if this was a guy I grew up rooting for...

I was just about to post this in here....really cool. Not a Yankees fan, but I am just eating up all this stuff for Jeter. I couldn't even imagine if this was a guy I grew up rooting for...
    Yeah, man. Pretty awesome. Starting to get rough. Kind of hit this morning when I realized his last game in New York is a week away.

Heading up Sunday for likely the last time to see him play....sucks.

I am 31 so he has been there since I was 12. Nuts. Going to be really weird next year.
  • I was just about to post this in here....really cool. Not a Yankees fan, but I am just eating up all this stuff for Jeter. I couldn't even imagine if this was a guy I grew up rooting for...
    Yeah, man. Pretty awesome. Starting to get rough. Kind of hit this morning when I realized his last game in New York is a week away.

I am 31 so he has been there since I was 12. Nuts. Going to be really weird next year.
    Yeah, crazy that he's been with the Yanks for 19-20 years....just don't see that anymore these days. Enjoy the last few days of #2.

I'm going through the same (to a lesser extent) with Konerko's last year with the white sox...16 years with the Sox. Going to be so weird not seeing him next year plus he's the last guy left from 05 world series team.

I was just about to post this in here....really cool. Not a Yankees fan, but I am just eating up all this stuff for Jeter. I couldn't even imagine if this was a guy I grew up rooting for...

Yeah, crazy that he's been with the Yanks for 19-20 years....just don't see that anymore these days. Enjoy the last few days of #2.

I'm going through the same (to a lesser extent) with Konerko's last year with the white sox...16 years with the Sox. Going to be so weird not seeing him next year plus he's the last guy left from 05 world series team.
    Yeah, man.

Oh for sure. He had one hell of a career. That amount of time with one time will be really rare to see. Has he been able to get back on the field? Was a cool moment with Jeter and Konerko at Yankee Stadium.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Major, major chills
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • awesome segment.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Home run!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Newch91 said:

Home run!

Love it.
    Newch91 said:

Home run!

Yeah that was awesome
    Glad to see Betances not come out. Need to give him as little work as possible here on out
    Yeah, Jeets.

Headed up yesterday and got to see him play in person one last time. Great time. Awesome game. Crowd was great. Thursday is going to be insane. We lost it when he ripped that double.

Does the dude have timing or what? Was just in a terrible slump, 0- twenty something. Comes home and has 2 hits in each game of the first four games of the home stand. He is something else.

This is also a great article.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/09/derek-jeter-private-photos.html
    edited September 2014
    http://mlb.mlb.com/social/one_word_for_two/?partnerId=as_mlb_20140922_32064326#

This is going to get painful for fans of the other 29 teams. I love it.

Tanaka's is the best. "Funny" since he probably doesn't know a ton of the other stuff.

Clint Hurdle wtf

"One dream. One man. One team. A Yankee from start to finish. Well done, thy good and faithful servant."
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    edited September 2014
    Tanaka is eligible for rookie of the year right? I think he has enough starts. I'm not sure about the other rookies in the league. But I don't thinkthere are many standouts.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Tanaka is eligible for rookie of the year right? I think he has enough starts. I'm not sure about the other rookies in the league. But I don't thinkthere are many standouts.

Um, Jose Abreu
    oh yea

igotid88 said:

Um, Jose Abreu
    oh yea. I keep thinking that was last year
    I miss igotid88
    Yeah, jeets

God damn, he is awesome
  • Yeah, jeets

God damn, he is awesome

Looks like he is going to go out strong.

Yeah, jeets

God damn, he is awesome

Looks like he is going to go out strong.
    Yessir. Small thing but I would like to see him keep his career average at .310. Was down to .309 before yesterday. Also, if I am getting really greedy, one more home run at home would be nice. That place would lose it
    So far Thursday's game is not looking good weather wise
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

So far Thursday's game is not looking good weather wise

God dammit. Didn't even think of this. And tomorrow is at 1. Fuck fuck fuck. They will get that game in, at least part of it.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    igotid88 said:
    haha--i was just going to post that.

so, you guys agree? is derek jeter overrated? pretty compelling case...
    www.myspace.com
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    he is/was a great player. This whole circus this year, these videos, numerous farewell games are way over the top (and IMO have been a distraction to the Yanks for the past 2 seasons)

Olberman's piece IMO is just meant to be an over the top counterbalance to all the over-hype

igotid88 said:
    haha--i was just going to post that.

so, you guys agree? is derek jeter overrated? pretty compelling case...
    It is not a compelling case. Jeter is overrated and underrated at the same time. It seems like no one has a sane opinion on the case.

Olbermann cherry picked stats. To put Willie Randolph in the same breath as Jeter is idiotic. Jeter's peak was never as high as other players, which is all Olbermann really pointed out, but he was so damn good for so long.

5th in Yankees all time WAR, 4th in offensive WAR, 1st in hits, 8th in batting average, 2nd in runs scored, 3rd in total bases, 1st in doubles. Oh and only 6th in the history of baseball in hits.

If Jeter sucks, how come there are 5 people in the history of baseball with more hits than him?

Olbermann can go fuck himself and stop trolling. He and the Yankees clearly had some sort of falling out, it has been going on for a year now.