The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Damn Hughes almost got to 16 wins. He has the best k/bb ratio with someone over 125ip. Tied with Saberhagen.

True, but it is in Minnesota where nobody's watching. No pressure.
    A good season is a good season. We salivate when other pitchers do the same. And I don't think he problems with the pressure.
    I agree that a good season is a good season, but you can't deny some guys just can't handle it in NY.
    He could.
    Best two full seasons with NY, 18 and 16 wins. Both seasons a 4.19 era. He benefited from good run support and had 13 losses one of those years. Only season he posted below a 4 era was a partial season of 80 something innings. Solid but not great for a couple seasons spaced apart. I'd take him over Capuano but not a huge loss if our rotation didn't all end up injured.
    The first full year with 18 wins he hadn't pitched over 100ip in 2 years because of injuries and bullpen. 2011 he had a tired arm and was topping out at 89-90. Came back better in 2012. And last year just had a bad year. Which happens even to the best. The stadium did hurt him a lot. And he does have babip bad luck. Even this year it's high. We don't know what would've happened if he didn't hurt his hamstring and changed his pitching style.
    I miss igotid88
    @BryanHoch
    Video tributes from former teammates. Phil Hughes (boos), Nick Swisher (loud cheers), Robbie Cano (boos), Curtis Granderson (mild applause).
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    So that just about does it for the season, huh?
    There was absolutely zero chance Phil Hughes was coming back. I like the guy but let's not kid ourselves. Yankee stadium and the Yankees were not a good fit by the end. He needed a change of scenery.

There was absolutely zero chance Phil Hughes was coming back. I like the guy but let's not kid ourselves. Yankee stadium and the Yankees were not a good fit by the end. He needed a change of scenery.

If last year went better there was a chance. It was the wrong time for what happened last year to.happen.
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Anybody see Jeter answer that reporters phone and hang up on the guy? That was funny.
  • Sounds like our booth is giving up too. The most uninspired HR call I have seen. Even if it was the opposing team.
    This blocking the plate rule is terrible. Drew was out by a mile but dude was clearly blocking the plate before he had the ball
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited September 2014

This blocking the plate rule is terrible. Drew was out by a mile but dude was clearly blocking the plate before he had the ball

They need to make up their mind on how to call it. The guy was camping without the ball in the middle of the baseline. Drew should have ran his ass over.
    That'll do it.
    Al leiter does not shut the fuck up
    Oh good. Al leiter's daily how to hold a baseball lesson. Scram dude. Go back to mlb network
    That almost looked like it was going to be the last at bat for Jeter ever.
    I miss igotid88
    Just as they were showing Giancarlo Stanton getting hit on the face. Chase Headley takes one on the chin
    I miss igotid88
    Walk offffff
    I miss igotid88
    Hahahhahha hahahahahah. Is that serious?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    I never watch your team....yet I saw the walk off vs. Koji and now this one. :|
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wow. Love it.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    igotid88 said:

Walk offffff

From the Met Reject>LOL!!
  • cutz said:

igotid88 said:

Walk offffff

From the Met Reject>LOL!!
    He's been hitting for us the last couple days. We will take it. Hahaha
  • 8 games behind Baltimore with 7 games against them coming up. "So your telling me there's a chance!" Hahaha
    Definitely the most improbable win of the season. I was convinced they were getting no hit.

Let's play 2
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Definitely the most improbable win of the season. I was convinced they were getting no hit.

Let's play 2

I actually stopped watching the game when tex struck out on 3 pitches in the 8th. Woke up and heard on boomer and carton of a walk off. Smh
  • 8 games behind Baltimore with 7 games against them coming up. "So your telling me there's a chance!" Hahaha

Chris Davis suspended for PED (Amphetimines). That has to be the least surprising drug suspension so far. When is Ortiz finally getting caught?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

8 games behind Baltimore with 7 games against them coming up. "So your telling me there's a chance!" Hahaha

Chris Davis suspended for PED (Amphetimines). That has to be the least surprising drug suspension so far. When is Ortiz finally getting caught?
    He's still investigating how he failed the 2003 drug test. I am sure he will have an answer any day now.

He's still investigating how he failed the 2003 drug test. I am sure he will have an answer any day now.
    Yeah. I should edit that. He has already been caught. When will he be suspended would be the better question. Doesn't matter. And, I honestly think all those old ones (including A-Rod) should have been thrown out, but whatever. It is what it is. Just a bit funny.

I love Davis' response - Yeah, I used. I had a medical clearance at one time, but I no longer do.

So, basically - I kept doing what I knew was illegal until I was caught. Not sure why we care so much about baseball but not other sports.

Let's sweep this DH and get within 6!!!! Now that their .150 hitter is suspended it should be a lot easier. :))

8 games behind Baltimore with 7 games against them coming up. "So your telling me there's a chance!" Hahaha

Yeah. I should edit that. He has already been caught. When will he be suspended would be the better question. Doesn't matter. And, I honestly think all those old ones (including A-Rod) should have been thrown out, but whatever. It is what it is. Just a bit funny.

I love Davis' response - Yeah, I used. I had a medical clearance at one time, but I no longer do.

So, basically - I kept doing what I knew was illegal until I was caught. Not sure why we care so much about baseball but not other sports.

Let's sweep this DH and get within 6!!!! Now that their .150 hitter is suspended it should be a lot easier. :))

Yeah, man. Those old tests were supposed to be anonymous to see how bad the drug problem was in MLB. They weren't even supposed to have names connected to them.

I don't give half a shit about steroids. You use, you get caught, you get suspended. There are rules in place now. As I always say, at least steroids in baseball are only contributing to breaking records, not peoples brains.

Yeah, man.

• We have Chris Young batting 5th the body formerly known as Stephen Drew batting 6th and Indianapolis Colts RB Trent Richardson in Right field. How can we lose?