The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

We have Chris Young batting 5th the body formerly known as Stephen Drew batting 6th and Indianapolis Colts RB Trent Richardson in Right field. How can we lose?

Ha, yeah, man. Last night had Ichiro, Drew, Young, Ryan as the bottom half of the order. How could you not no hit that lineup?
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited September 2014
    Aside from our 5 run outburst last night. I can't remember the last stretch of offense we've had this bad over a couple weeks.
    edited September 2014

Aside from our 5 run outburst last night. I can't remember the last stretch of offense we've had this bad over a couple weeks.

Brutal. Nothing like extra innings in the first of a double header.

Good thing for expanded rosters
  • Aside from our 5 run outburst last night. I can't remember the last stretch of offense we've had this bad over a couple weeks.

Brutal. Nothing like extra innings in the first of a double header.

Good thing for expanded rosters
    The way it's been going, I wouldn't be surprised to see a rain delay followed by more extra frames in the second game.
  • Young!

Young!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, Is this real life?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757

Young!

Mets fans are pissed
    I miss igotid88
  • Young!

I remember him being streaky but pretty solid for a short time out here in AZ. I think he had some injury problems, but this is crazy!
    igotid88 said:

Young!

Mets fans are pissed
    haha, gotta be so pissed

Young!

I remember him being streaky but pretty solid for a short time out here in AZ. I think he had some injury problems, but this is crazy!
    Nuts.
  • And that is why you don't use your closer in a tie game on the road. This one is on Girardi.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK

And that is why you don't use your closer in a tie game on the road. This one is on Girardi.

I dont agree. I think you use your closer in the biggest spot. Needed to get out of those innings before they needed to close it out.
    FUCK FUCK FUCK
  • And that is why you don't use your closer in a tie game on the road. This one is on Girardi.

I dont agree. I think you use your closer in the biggest spot. Needed to get out of those innings before they needed to close it out.
    Why not exhaust all your best set up guys first? I get bringing in Robertson if you only have mediocre or call up pitchers available.

Why not exhaust all your best set up guys first? I get bringing in Robertson if you only have mediocre or call up pitchers available.
    Does the 11th matter if Warren walks the park in the 10? Better to use your players than leave them sitting on the bench. It's not like he had Nelson or Stanton waiting out there.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

Does the 11th matter if Warren walks the park in the 10? Better to use your players than leave them sitting on the bench. It's not like he had Nelson or Stanton waiting out there.
    Good point. Maybe I'm just beyond frustrated and burnt out on this season. A bunch of spoiled fucking fans we are the last 20 years. Hahaha
  • We definitely had no fight left after that first game.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

And that is why you don't use your closer in a tie game on the road. This one is on Girardi.

Nelson and Stanton, enough said. You ain't beating the yanks by the 6th inning, game over. Those were the days.
  • badbrains said:

Nelson and Stanton, enough said. You ain't beating the yanks by the 6th inning, game over. Those were the days.
    Yeah. Thats why when anyone says Torre is better than Girardi I chuckle. How hard was it to manage those teams? Ummm. We're up by 2 runs after 6. What do I do now? Hmmmmmmmm......
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    edited September 2014
    Well I have two options this Season the Yankees and the Cubs and having checking out the latest Standings it's the former which will be the way to go lol
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

badbrains said:

Yeah. Thats why when anyone says Torre is better than Girardi I chuckle. How hard was it to manage those teams? Ummm. We're up by 2 runs after 6. What do I do now? Hmmmmmmmm......
    it's the american league. not like there is a lot of strategy involved anyway.

hey oh
    www.myspace.com
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    And thus goes the season
    I miss igotid88
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    edited September 2014
    WOW>That Yankee & Sox throw-away with the walk-off.
    Fell asleep before that debacle, thankfully.

Think I am heading up next Sunday to see Jeter one last time.
  • Kelly Johnson traded for Stephen Drew and gets the game-winning hit for the Orioles. #thatsoYankees
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Wow I just noticed that Drew is even hitting worse on the Yanks.
    He hit .176 with the Sox and is hitting .135 with the Yanks.
    What happened to this guy.

• Shutout again. X(
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

Wow I just noticed that Drew is even hitting worse on the Yanks.
    He hit .176 with the Sox and is hitting .135 with the Yanks.
    What happened to this guy.

I never did think he was any good.

The Captain sits...

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • So they may have Tanaka in a real game soon.. Not sure what to think of that.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)