The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited September 2014

First inning and I want to turn the game off. What are we? The bad news fucking bears now? Jesus.

That was the fucking worst. I wanted to punch the tv
    If it wasn't Jeter's last season I would be packing it in right about now. I've watched about 90 percent of their games the last 20 plus years if I had to guess. This season has been one of the more frustrating ones. Starting to get burned out.
  • What the fuck was jeter doing?

I don't know man. #-o
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

First inning and I want to turn the game off. What are we? The bad news fucking bears now? Jesus.

That was the fucking worst. I wanted to punch the tv
    If it wasn't Jeter's last season I would be packing it in right about now. I've watched about 90 percent of their games the last 20 plus years if I had to guess. This season has been one of the more frustrating ones. Starting to get burned out.
    I hear you. Thought the same thing tonight. Don't have a lot of interest but only like 20 more games for jeter, so I'll be tuning in. Yanks got real lucky with mo and jeter for these late season games the past two years

What the fuck was jeter doing?

I don't know man. #-o
    Old man fell asleep between home and third
    There is absolutely nothing better than Paulie busting Kay's balls. That was fun.

Some power from Jeter.
  • There is absolutely nothing better than Paulie busting Kay's balls. That was fun.

Some power from Jeter.

I wish it was only Paul, Coney, and Kenny. I don't even mind Flaherty. I can't stand Kay or Leiter.
    Dude will not give it up., Has he ever admitted he's wrong? I don't mind Kay as much as most and I don't particularly like Flaherty. I'd take that booth any day. Seems like Paul has done more games this year. Hope it keeps up. He seems to enjoy it and he has gotten a lot better.
    Fucking stirrups! Legit ones too. That's awesome.
  • Fucking stirrups! Legit ones too. That's awesome.

I flipped over to football. Who's rocking stirrups?

Fucking stirrups! Legit ones too. That's awesome.

I flipped over to football. Who's rocking stirrups?
    Josh outman, whoever the fuck that is. Awesome awesome stirrups though. The tall ones that come all the way up.
    Bronx is starting to get loud for jeter. I gotta get to one more game this season
    Fuck yeah tex!
  • Fuck yeah tex!

I did catch that! Woo hoo!

Fuck yeah tex!

I did catch that! Woo hoo!
    Chase!!!!!!
  • Fuck yeah Headley!
  • Nice win!
    Love how he had his arm in the air as soon as he hit it. That's how you get out of the box, Ortiz

Nice win!

Yeah, that was nice. Needed that if they had any chance
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Like those walk off home runs where they just know it
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

Like those walk off home runs where they just know it

I like the emotion there. I can't imagine what that adrenaline would be like.
    To go from 9th inning heroics to a dud the next day
    I miss igotid88
    Gotta resign McCarthy right?

What is this number 6 next to the yankees? Not familiar with this
  • Gotta resign McCarthy right?

What is this number 6 next to the yankees? Not familiar with this

Haha, McCarthy is worth a look. Been solid since he came over.
    edited September 2014
    Damn Hughes almost got to 16 wins. He has the best k/bb ratio with someone over 125ip. Tied with Saberhagen. He probably should had taken the Angels offer of year $8 million and gotten a bigger contract in the offseason.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

Damn Hughes almost got to 16 wins. He has the best k/bb ratio with someone over 125ip. Tied with Saberhagen.

True, but it is in Minnesota where nobody's watching. No pressure.

igotid88 said:

Damn Hughes almost got to 16 wins. He has the best k/bb ratio with someone over 125ip. Tied with Saberhagen.

A good season is a good season. We salivate when other pitchers do the same. And I don't think he problems with the pressure.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

A good season is a good season. We salivate when other pitchers do the same. And I don't think he problems with the pressure.
    I agree that a good season is a good season, but you can't deny some guys just can't handle it in NY.
    Nice words from Derek. Can't believe this is it

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

I agree that a good season is a good season, but you can't deny some guys just can't handle it in NY.
    He could.
    I miss igotid88
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited September 2014
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

He could.
    Best two full seasons with NY, 18 and 16 wins. Both seasons a 4.19 era. He benefited from good run support and had 13 losses one of those years. Only season he posted below a 4 era was a partial season of 80 something innings. Solid but not great for a couple seasons spaced apart. I'd take him over Capuano but not a huge loss if our rotation didn't all end up injured.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on