The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Well that was a good weekend. Every time I think this team is done, they pull something like this. That had to feel great for McCann.

Playing the White Sox seems to help a lot of teams...god, we suck.

Class move by the Yankees honoring Konerko before the game yesterday...
    Ha, yeah, they had 6 games against bad teams a lost the first two but ended up 4-2, so I'll take it.

Yeah, that was cool. Yankees have had their share of those things on the road over the past 2 years so cool to see them do it.
    And now they are rolling. Big road trip. Every game is big here on out, obviously
  • And now they are rolling. Big road trip. Every game is big here on out, obviously

Pineda looks real good.

And now they are rolling. Big road trip. Every game is big here on out, obviously

Pineda looks real good.
    Big mike!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    was flipping through the channels last night and caught Jeter's last at bat in Kansas City. what a cool moment and great thing for the KC fans to do. Can't think of another current player who would get the same treatment.
    pjhawks said:

was flipping through the channels last night and caught Jeter's last at bat in Kansas City. what a cool moment and great thing for the KC fans to do. Can't think of another current player who would get the same treatment.

It's pretty wild. Happening in every city. Bittersweet for sure.
  • pjhawks said:

It's pretty wild. Happening in every city. Bittersweet for sure.
    We have been spoiled with some of the guys to come through NY the last 20 years. Shit, 100 years really.
  • 8 straight hits off Price? The guy has given up 11 hits and recorded six total outs. How is he still in the game?
  • Nine. This is almost embarrassing to watch. There's the hook. Still nobody out.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    edited August 2014

8 straight hits off Price? The guy has given up 11 hits and recorded six total outs. How is he still in the game?

sounds like he's on your fantasy team
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

8 straight hits off Price? The guy has given up 11 hits and recorded six total outs. How is he still in the game?

sounds like he's on your fantasy team
    Haha, I haven't done fantasy baseball the last couple years. Detroit is in trouble if Price slumps, but anyways fuck David Price! Better? Haha, I did say almost...

Got off a flight last night looked at the score and they had just put up an 8 spot on 9 straight hits off of price. Didn't think I was looking at the right team's score.

Win today.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited August 2014
    Shit.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited August 2014
    Another good win. In other news, how fucking funny is it that a scout bought Jesus Montero an ice cream and had it sent to him in the dugout at an A ball game? Pineda could retire tomorrow and that trade would still be worth it.

Another good win. In other news, how fucking funny is it that a scout bought Jesus Montero an ice cream and had it sent to him in the dugout at an A ball game? Pineda could retire tomorrow and that trade would still be worth it.

He could have helped us I believe in the 2011 playoffs. But he was barely used.
    I miss igotid88
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

Yeah, another Yankee suspect/prospect not panning out. When was the last time a Yankee suspect/prospect, that was traded, has panned out?(besides Austin Jackson).

cutz said:

Yeah, another Yankee suspect/prospect not panning out. When was the last time a Yankee suspect/prospect, that was traded, has panned out?(besides Austin Jackson).

Phil Hughes
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

He could have helped us I believe in the 2011 playoffs. But he was barely used.
    I agree. Maybe he realized he was traded to Seattle and went on an eating binge. Maybe any potential talent he had went down the toilet when he stopped juicing.
    igotid88 said:

cutz said:

Phil Hughes
    No, i mean a prospect from their Minors.

cutz said:

igotid88 said:

cutz said:

Phil Hughes

He was a prospect
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

cutz said:

igotid88 said:

cutz said:

Phil Hughes

He was a prospect
    oh wait you mean traded. I see
    I miss igotid88
    edited August 2014
    igotid88 said:

cutz said:

igotid88 said:

cutz said:

Phil Hughes

He was a prospect
    Post edited by cutz on
    ^^^^LOL>Never mind man.^^^^
    1 hit
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

1 hit

I watched 4 minutes of this game and saw the hit. Terrible
  • igotid88 said:

1 hit

I watched 4 minutes of this game and saw the hit. Terrible
    3 wasted solid starts out of four for Pineda since he's been back.
  • Quiet here. Gardy was right to get tossed. He got hosed on a few pitches. That ump sucked tonight. It's a shame Jeter is probably going to go out missing the playoffs.
  • First inning and I want to turn the game off. What are we? The bad news fucking bears now? Jesus.

First inning and I want to turn the game off. What are we? The bad news fucking bears now? Jesus.

That was the fucking worst. I wanted to punch the tv
    What the fuck was jeter doing?