The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Toast.

Time to buy a ticket for September 25th
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    So is Shane.Greene really this good or are the Rays that bad? is he one of those pitchers that sucks in the minors and excels in the majors?
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

So is Shane.Greene really this good or are the Rays that bad? is he one of those pitchers that sucks in the minors and excels in the majors?

He's not as good as he's been and will be exposed by higher volume. Tons of pitchers (and hitters) have had great few months only to be exposed). Plus post steroids, pitching overall looks better. And the Rays line up is not great.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    This is a pretty interesting look at Greene and the Yanks system.

http://riveraveblues.com/2014/08/greenes-success-product-recent-player-development-changes-107719/
    Big 6 games here this week. Heading up for the game on Saturday. Hope I get in in time for part of the Torre ceremony.
    This ump is fucking horrible
    Fuck. Terrible loss
  • Fuck. Terrible loss

Now our bullpen can't even get guys out. I think the wheels are coming off.
    Throwing down the middlebis risky. Should have just tried to hit the corner and if he walks him then he walks him.
    I miss igotid88
    stupid Yankees fans and their booing
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

Yeah, I don't get it. If Robertson had blown a bunch of saves in a row I could partially understand, but the guy is solid.
    igotid88 said:

Throwing down the middlebis risky. Should have just tried to hit the corner and if he walks him then he walks him.

2 pitches there were strikes a couple innings ago against the Yankees. If you're bad, be bad consistently
    igotid88 said:

So stupid. Idiots
    That loss really sucked
  • igotid88 said:

So stupid. Idiots
    I agree that the booing is beyond stupid. Never quite got that.

However, this does expose what has always been a concern for Robertson - losing the plate. That being said, he's a well above average closer who gets the job done on most nights.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    This is frustrating to watch. Two solid starts by Pineda and this team can't hit for him and the bullpen blows it again.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 said:

This is frustrating to watch. Two solid starts by Pineda and this team can't hit for him and the bullpen blows it again.

Team is toast
  • Newch91 said:

Team is toast
    Frustrating to watch for sure.
  • A good couple wins. Who knows, maybe losing Machado will be a let down for the O's and they will collapse down the stretch. I'd be happy with the wildcard though.
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    edited August 2014

A good couple wins. Who knows, maybe losing Machado will be a let down for the O's and they will collapse down the stretch. I'd be happy with the wildcard though.

Machados been out for a couple weeks already. And if you saw it happen, you had a good idea he wouldnt be back. Today's news was just confirmation, don't see it impacting anything it hasn't already.
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited August 2014

A good couple wins. Who knows, maybe losing Machado will be a let down for the O's and they will collapse down the stretch. I'd be happy with the wildcard though.

Machados been out for a couple weeks already. And if you saw it happen, you had a good idea he wouldnt be back. Today's news was just confirmation, don't see it impacting anything it hasn't already.
    I saw it happen. I didn't think he'd be back but you never know. Don't crush my pipe dreams man, I'm trying to find motivation to keep watching every game faithfully when we have been stinking it up lately.
    :))
  • A solid win today.
  • Terry Pendleton is an idiot. McCann is just fine in NY.

If I remember correctly, McCann started playing better right after he said that.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Just keep winning.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful

If I remember correctly, McCann started playing better right after he said that.
    It was right around the same time. Like guys have never started out slowly before. And good catching d and handling pitchers travels anywhere.

It was right around the same time. Like guys have never started out slowly before. And good catching d and handling pitchers travels anywhere.
    That's why I liked Martin even though he couldn't hit after awhile. Alot of guys take awhile to get going when they come to NY.
    Well that was a good weekend. Every time I think this team is done, they pull something like this. That had to feel great for McCann.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

Well that was a good weekend. Every time I think this team is done, they pull something like this. That had to feel great for McCann.

Playing the White Sox seems to help a lot of teams...god, we suck.

Class move by the Yankees honoring Konerko before the game yesterday...