The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Fucking love it
    Oh my god this is awesome
  • David Freese, maybe says the Daily News:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... -1.1515663

might be good if they can get him cheap off a bad year, and given his injury history. that said, I wouldnt give up anything of value for him
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,896
    imalive wrote:

Not surprising he won't testify under oath, that piece of shit is a bigger liar than Arod.

I'd say they're about equal on the liar and POS scale.

...but not Bonds, though, right? ;)

I didn't think it was possible, but Barry is looking almost dignified when compared with Alex :shock: :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Peter Gammons on lupica today :fp:

“I’ve had people with the Yankees say this to me, he is just — he wants to blow up the world. You know, he’s like the marathon bombers,” Gammons said. “It’s just, he’s going to get them.”
  • looks like Brian McCann is a Yankee. Notofficial yet, but multiple reports they have agreed on a 5 year, $80-85 mill deal. I dont think of him a s a $17 mill a year player, and I hate to lose the draft pick if Mccann was offered arbitration. But this is the guy they needed this winter. Catcher was a black hole last year. beyond a majr upgrade both defensively, offensively and even as a clubhouse leader.
  • looks like Brian McCann is a Yankee. Notofficial yet, but multiple reports they have agreed on a 5 year, $80-85 mill deal. I dont think of him a s a $17 mill a year player, and I hate to lose the draft pick if Mccann was offered arbitration. But this is the guy they needed this winter. Catcher was a black hole last year. beyond a majr upgrade both defensively, offensively and even as a clubhouse leader.

Lefty hitting catcher in Yankee Stadium that can handle a pitching staff? That is a tremendous pick up. Well worth the cash (relatively speaking.) I think it was also a message to Cano. They are prepared to move on without him if necessary. Sign the contract, Robby.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    looks like Brian McCann is a Yankee. Notofficial yet, but multiple reports they have agreed on a 5 year, $80-85 mill deal. I dont think of him a s a $17 mill a year player, and I hate to lose the draft pick if Mccann was offered arbitration. But this is the guy they needed this winter. Catcher was a black hole last year. beyond a majr upgrade both defensively, offensively and even as a clubhouse leader.

Lefty hitting catcher in Yankee Stadium that can handle a pitching staff? That is a tremendous pick up. Well worth the cash (relatively speaking.) I think it was also a message to Cano. They are prepared to move on without him if necessary. Sign the contract, Robby.

Wow five years for a 30 year old catcher who has already played eight years behind the plate.
    Good luck with years three through five.
    Fucking love it. Fucking.love.it
    My one offseason move that I was hoping they made. I have faith in this team. His swing is perfect. A nice catcher, dh, first base rotation until tex is gone. Perfect fit. Fucking love it. Kind of move this team has had to make. Overpay for a player they need, that's the Yankees I know and love

Wow five years for a 30 year old catcher who has already played eight years behind the plate.
    Good luck with years three through five.

Well, first off his express intent in going to an AL team was so he could get more ABs from out of behind the plate. So, clearly even he understands what he might need to do to prolong his career. And there is precedent fo a catcher playing at 34. They didn't give him a 10 year deal where he will be almost 40.

Folks also worry too much about lengths of deals. They are paying for today. If he can still catch in 5 years, bonus. If they get 3 great years then a deterioration, so what? You got what you paid for. They're not paying for a 34 yo c. They're paying for a 30 yo c that had a great year by any measure despite only playing 2/3 of a season.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    looks like Brian McCann is a Yankee. Notofficial yet, but multiple reports they have agreed on a 5 year, $80-85 mill deal. I dont think of him a s a $17 mill a year player, and I hate to lose the draft pick if Mccann was offered arbitration. But this is the guy they needed this winter. Catcher was a black hole last year. beyond a majr upgrade both defensively, offensively and even as a clubhouse leader.

clubhouse leader.....or dick?

he is a good pickup for you guys.....and it gives me another yankee to dislike :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

clubhouse leader.....or dick?

he is a good pickup for you guys.....and it gives me another yankee to dislike :mrgreen:

Love firey catchers. Posada was awesome with that stuff. Pretty pumped about this.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Love firey catchers. Posada was awesome with that stuff. Pretty pumped about this.

do you like guys who walk halfway up the line and block home plate? ;)

what a dick. good pickup.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

do you like guys who walk halfway up the line and block home plate? ;)

what a dick. good pickup.

Ha. I did enjoy that very much.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Now get working on Cano.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    I am so pumped about this signing. Sounds like thy have a lot of offers out too. I am getting lukewarm on cano. They need him but if someone is gonna pay him $200 mil or more, beat it
  • heard Francesa say that "Kuroda is back" is that official? I guess they needed him, given that this team can not draft and develop starting pitching, but man, that guy just ran out of gas and crapped out late last year
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,760
    So Hughes is going to Minnesota for 3 years 24 million. And Chris Stewart is traded to Pittsburgh for a player to be named later.
    I miss igotid88
  • 24 million...imagine what he could have got if he didnt suck....he should be better in cavernous Target Field, but still
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,760
    24 million...imagine what he could have got if he didnt suck....he should be better in cavernous Target Field, but still

I don't think he sucked. He had a bad year. But there were a lot of big contracts this offseason. NYS killed him.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    24 million...imagine what he could have got if he didnt suck....he should be better in cavernous Target Field, but still

I don't think he sucked. He had a bad year. But there were a lot of big contracts this offseason. NYS killed him.

I like Hughes as much as anyone, really wanted him to do well and hope he does well with the Twins, but he sucked. All pitchers have to deal with YS and yeah it hurt him, but everyone is playing on the same field in that stadium.

This from RAB over the weekend

In his four years as a starter (since 2010) Hughes has averaged under 150 innings per year, and he failed to eclipse that mark in his walk year. Of the 96 pitchers who have recorded at least 500 innings since 2010, Hughes’s 4.65 ERA ranks 89th. In that time he has produced 3.1 bWAR*, which ranks 80th.
    One year offer out to Kuroda. I like.
    24 million...imagine what he could have got if he didnt suck....

:lol::lol:

this is why I troll the yankees thread

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    So yeah, this team is going absolutely ape shit this offseason
    Think it's safe to say the 189 plan is out the door. Sounds like so much money but it looks like Hal doesn't give a fuck.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Think it's safe to say the 189 plan is out the door. Sounds like so much money but it looks like Hal doesn't give a fuck.

I guess not since i just saw on the bottom-line the Yanks & Ellsbury agree on a 7/$142 deal.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I guess he's taking lessons from his father.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    I'm not a fan of this deal , $153 million

Dudes hurt a bunch and I see that continuing
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I'm not a fan of this deal , $153 million

Dudes hurt a bunch and I see that continuing

The dollars on the surface are terrible but it looks like the Yankees don't give a fuck about money. Already reports that this isn't going to stop them from potentially signing cano, although not at $200 mil, and they haven't even started with pitching yet

Dude does get hurt and his power has been down but he is a legit center fielder.

I always fucking hated him. Damon part 2