The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    That was the best thing I have ever seen. Ever. Holy fuck my eyes won't dry
    Agreed. Pettitte and Jeter completely made me lose it. I can't stop crying right now.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,762
    Yeah I almost broke down crying.
    I miss igotid88
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    That was even better than the other "42" ceremony the other day.

Loved when he went back to the mound for some dirt,
    i thought he was taking the rubber.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Wow. Thank you, Mariano. I'm almost 21, so my memories of the Yankees have always included Mo. Only attended 1 game this season, really really glad I got to see Mariano pitch in it.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Trivia time this was in the daily news today good luck :lol:

The last time a mathematically eliminated Yankees team played a home game was 10/3/1993 who was the starting pitcher that day?

The last time a mathematically eliminated Yankees team played a home game was 10/3/1993 who was the starting pitcher that day?

I will guess Andy Hawkins.

I will guess Andy Hawkins.

Nope here's a clue he was the last yankee to wear 42 before Mo.
    Trivia time this was in the daily news today good luck :lol:

I cheated. John Habyan. I don't remember him.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:

Nope not him
    igotid88 wrote:

Nope not him

Oh Domingo Jean. Him I do remember
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:
    Oh Domingo Jean. Him I do remember

Bingo sadly his career was just a bit short of Mo's :lol:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I would have said jimmy key. 1993 is tough to remember
    Cash should've extended him a few years ago, not as bad but we're going to have to overpay for DRobb and Gardy after next year as well. He continually fails to lock in our key players and it comes back to bite us in the ass. I hope the yankees seriously consider replacing not only cashman but Oppenheimer who has failed to deliver any serious major talent since he got promoted after the 2005 season. Every year it's the same line our best players are in the lower levels. With the resources the Yankees have we should have a top farm system instead oppy reaches in the first round for players that aren't even worth a top 10 round pick. I liked the last draft but the lack of major league talent in our upper levels is a fucking joke. We need a complete overhaul of our player development system and heads need to roll to make that happen.

Sounds like Oppenheimer and Newman may be out. That would be a huge change.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cash should've extended him a few years ago, not as bad but we're going to have to overpay for DRobb and Gardy after next year as well. He continually fails to lock in our key players and it comes back to bite us in the ass. I hope the yankees seriously consider replacing not only cashman but Oppenheimer who has failed to deliver any serious major talent since he got promoted after the 2005 season. Every year it's the same line our best players are in the lower levels. With the resources the Yankees have we should have a top farm system instead oppy reaches in the first round for players that aren't even worth a top 10 round pick. I liked the last draft but the lack of major league talent in our upper levels is a fucking joke. We need a complete overhaul of our player development system and heads need to roll to make that happen.

Awesome news if it winds up being true.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Awesome news if it winds up being true.

Agreed. And they have a lot of players eligible for the Rule 5 draft next year, so should be interesting.
  • Some interesting guys on the rule 5 list, anyway cubs fired sveum will be interesting to see what Girardi does.
    If Girardi doesn't come back. Would you take Willie? I don't think they'll go to Pena.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:
    If Girardi doesn't come back. Would you take Willie? I don't think they'll go to Pena.

No don't want him or Pena , Donnie will be in the discussion as he's a free agent as well and I'm sure scioscia will be a top candidate if the angels fire him. At least there's no chance of bobby v. :lol:
    igotid88 wrote:

No don't want him or Pena , Donnie will be in the discussion as he's a free agent as well and I'm sure scioscia will be a top candidate if the angels fire him. At least there's no chance of bobby v. :lol:

Oh, I was going to ask if Mattingly was a free agent. Good-bye Girardi.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Oh, I was going to ask if Mattingly was a free agent. Good-bye Girardi.

It would be great to see Donnie come back home where he belongs.
    igotid88 wrote:

Mattingly has a club option for next year. Why no Pena? That may be my go to if Girardi left.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I would hope Pena gets the job, love that guy, unless Donnie's available of course.
  • I would hope Pena gets the job, love that guy, unless Donnie's available of course.

Donnie! I suppose this post season with the Dodgers will reveal a lot.
    What Pena is this you speak of?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I would hope Pena gets the job, love that guy, unless Donnie's available of course.

Donnie! I suppose this post season with the Dodgers will reveal a lot.
    What Pena is this you speak of?

Tony
    tony-pena-540x362.jpg

Had some manager experience with the Royals a few years back, former Catcher, always liked him. Just worry if he can handle the NY media.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I'd take scoscia or however you spell his name. I think he can handle New York
  • Yanks to offer Girardi a contract tomm
  • Heard on MK show sources said the cubs are going to offer 6mm per for girardi, MK mentioned Pinella and Larussa as possible replacements if he leaves.
    Heard on MK show sources said the cubs are going to offer 6mm per for girardi, MK mentioned Pinella and Larussa as possible replacements if he leaves.

Damn! i cant stand Larussa, that would make me sick.
  • Heard on MK show sources said the cubs are going to offer 6mm per for girardi, MK mentioned Pinella and Larussa as possible replacements if he leaves.

Lou would be the obvious choice totally forgot about him.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Heard on MK show sources said the cubs are going to offer 6mm per for girardi, MK mentioned Pinella and Larussa as possible replacements if he leaves.

Lou would be the obvious choice totally forgot about him.
    I thought Lou was retired? If anything, I would love to have Donnie as manager.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful