The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    1378157_10151669038565924_1897277274_n.jpg
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Newch91 wrote:
    I thought Lou was retired? If anything, I would love to have Donnie as manager.

Well managing the yankees would be appealing enough to come out of retirement, I prefer Donnie as well but Lou would be a good get if it came down to it.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Newch91 wrote:
    1378157_10151669038565924_1897277274_n.jpg

Ahhhh, paveno's ex.
  • This look familiar :lol:

Swisher 0-4 2K's 5 LOB
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    This look familiar :lol:

Swisher 0-4 2K's 5 LOB

Yes, russell Martin on the other hand...

And just to add that AB late in the game with two one and swisher swinging out if his shoes on 3 straight pitches was as bad as it gets
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    cubs fans out here are DROOLING over the possibility of having girardi as their new coach.

it's quite funny.

but as someone mentioned earlier, it could be a great time for girardi to leave the yankees now with the respect as a manager that clawed and scrapped the entire season with a completely depleted roster, rather than sticking around with a team on a rapid decline(face it, the yanks are going to be bad for the next couple of years).

don't know if it is the right time to bring in donnie, but pena is a great option for "rebuilding" years.
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    If you are from NYC pm me?
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • rival. wrote:
    cubs fans out here are DROOLING over the possibility of having girardi as their new coach.

it's quite funny.

but as someone mentioned earlier, it could be a great time for girardi to leave the yankees now with the respect as a manager that clawed and scrapped the entire season with a completely depleted roster, rather than sticking around with a team on a rapid decline(face it, the yanks are going to be bad for the next couple of years).

don't know if it is the right time to bring in donnie, but pena is a great option for "rebuilding" years.

I think it's way too early to just assume the yankees will be bad over the next few years considering the resources they have at their disposal.
    rival. wrote:

it's quite funny.

I think it's way too early to just assume the yankees will be bad over the next few years considering the resources they have at their disposal.

Agree with this for the most part but when the team is doing things like letting Martin walk, replacing him with Chris Stewart (and shitty Cervelli) and picking up Wells, Ichiro and Soriano for multiple years, I don't have a lot of confidence.
  • Those 3 guys are going to cost us 13.9mm so it's not like they're gonna handcuff us. No confidence in wells and Ichiro but I think sori will put up some decent numbers once again. They should've never given Ichiro that second year but he doesn't have a no trade and we could probably move him if we need to and wells is as good as gone.
    Those 3 guys are going to cost us 13.9mm so it's not like they're gonna handcuff us. No confidence in wells and Ichiro but I think sori will put up some decent numbers once again. They should've never given Ichiro that second year but he doesn't have a no trade and we could probably move him if we need to and wells is as good as gone.

Yeah, I didn't really want to include Soriano in there but there is still a bit of risk with him next year. Agreed on the money aspect, it's just a few pretty bad decisions. Wells cannot have a roster spot with all the rule 5 guys.

I like Martin a lot, but I really hated seeing him club those the other night.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Those 3 guys are going to cost us 13.9mm so it's not like they're gonna handcuff us. No confidence in wells and Ichiro but I think sori will put up some decent numbers once again. They should've never given Ichiro that second year but he doesn't have a no trade and we could probably move him if we need to and wells is as good as gone.

Yeah, I didn't really want to include Soriano in there but there is still a bit of risk with him next year. Agreed on the money aspect, it's just a few pretty bad decisions. Wells cannot have a roster spot with all the rule 5 guys.

I like Martin a lot, but I really hated seeing him club those the other night.

Agree that was a short sided move by cash 2 years would've been a good stop gap for Sanchez Romine and Murphy. I think we gotta get McCann and keep Murphy or Romine as the backup until Sanchez is ready. I really hope they move on from Stewart we cannot have him as the starter again.
    :corn:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Newch91 wrote:

What's that for the Arod stuff?
    Newch91 wrote:

Gotta be. Phenomenal stuff. I can't wait.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Gotta be. Phenomenal stuff. I can't wait.
    Yes it is.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    I've been working in the Helmsley building here in NYC and have been around these losers on 46th & Park.... Wow what a bunch of wastes of sperm. Fucking free Arod, honk for Arod.... Do some charity. Regardless of how big of a dick Selig is and his motives Arod is no saint

I say fuck em both

Hope both of their reps get forever damaged.

Hasn't there been rumors Arod paid for these nuts to show up? I don't buy that, but with him you truly never know :lol:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I've been working in the Helmsley building here in NYC and have been around these losers on 46th & Park.... Wow what a bunch of wastes of sperm. Fucking free Arod, honk for Arod.... Do some charity. Regardless of how big of a dick Selig is and his motives Arod is no saint

I say fuck em both

Hope both of their reps get forever damaged.

Hasn't there been rumors Arod paid for these nuts to show up? I don't buy that, but with him you truly never know :lol:

Agreed, but fuck Selig and his witch hunt. I want Arod out for all of next year to get out of that contract, but love what he is doing to Selig.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    This is all about '98 for Selig.... Oh look people will forget I was so stupid and an enabler for Marky mark and Sam " I only speak English in TV commercials" Sosa

Guy is such a douche
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    This is all about '98 for Selig.... Oh look people will forget I was so stupid and an enabler for Marky mark and Sam " I only speak English in TV commercials" Sosa

Guy is such a douche
    That's a given.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,761
    Is it okay if I call them the Los Angeles Mattinglys?
    I miss igotid88
  • http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?stor ... rc=desktop

Hmmm seems to me that the yanks are willing to let girardi walk and be the bad guy here.
  • During a radio interview with Mike Francesa this afternoon, Yankees managing general partner Hal Steinbrenner said he’s personally spoken with Joe Girardi twice about coming back to the Yankees as manager.

“I made it clear to him that we do want him back,” Steinbrenner said. “We think, my family thinks, that he did a great job this season given everything that happened. We’re going to try to work something out. We’re going to try to work out a deal that’s fair for both of us and acceptable. As always there’s other factors involved and things to be overcome, but we’re working on it.”

The Yankees made a contract offer at the end of last week and are still waiting for a decision from Girardi.

“I think we both agree, both sides agree, that it needs to be done quickly,” Steinbrenner said. “Because, quite frankly, we’re going to be starting our baseball meetings as we always do soon, and we want the manager — whoever that is, hopefully Joe — to be a big part of them. So, sooner rather than later. I think we both agree on that.”

A few other topics Steinbrenner discussed with Francesa…

The Alex Rodriguez suspension hearing
    “That’s a two-way street. None of us know what’s going to happen of course, but if he’s not with us, obviously that’s a (financial) factor that makes a difference, but at the same time, you’ve lost one of the best third basemen in baseball. There’s a downside either way, I guess, is the way I would put it.”

Rodriguez’s lawsuit against team physician Dr. Chris Ahmad
    “I really don’t want to talk about that. It’s an ongoing litigation at this point. We’re not involved with any of it. … I can say that we, we, have a lot of confidence in Chris Ahmad, and I know a lot of the players do as well. I can’t comment on the lawsuit itself, but we certainly have confidence in Chris Ahmad.”

Robinson Cano’s free agency
    “It sounds like he wants to go out and test the market and talk to whoever he needs or wants to talk to, and that’s not unusual of course. We want him back, he knows that, and within reason, we’re going to do everything we can to make sure that happens. Time will tell.”

Derek Jeter coming back next season
    “Nobody’s got a better chance than him. Nobody has more drive and nobody wants to be there to contribute more than he does. We’re absolutely planning on him being back. But having said that, his age is his age, and the injury is a fairly severe one, but we’re hoping and praying and we expect him to be with us.”

Struggles of the minor league system
    “I am disappointed. I think that is a good word. I think we all are. We finally got – with all the injuries – something not normal for us, we finally got a chance to really try to bring a lot of these players up and see how they could contribute, and it was not as good as we had hoped. I think that is fair to say, but started working two months ago, looking at everything having to do with player development: Scouting, process, personnel, you name it. We’re going to do what we need to do to make it better, I can assure you of that.”

Last season’s string of injuries
    “You would have to call it a freakish year, but we are looking into everything we do, the programs we have, even in the minor leagues. Strength and conditioning and all that, training programs. We’re not going to leave any stone unturned. I’m not going to assume it’s all coincidence.”

Reaction to diminished attendance and ratings
    “Nothing we didn’t already know. New York is a marquee town. You know that better than me. People love to see Derek Jeter and Mark Teixeiras, and that just wasn’t the situation this year. Having said that, I thought there were a lot of great stories on the team, and I think the team did great staying in contention, but there’s no doubt that New York is a marquee town and they expect to see the Derek Jeters of the world.”

Cutting payroll beneath $189 million
    “For several reasons, it’s important, and it’s certainly a goal that we take seriously and we’re going to strive for, but as I’ve said before on numerous occasions, it’s not going to come at the expense of fielding a championship-caliber team. We know that’s what we’re expected to do, and we’re going to do it.”

Good stuff here Ive read the push for the minor leagues is coming from Hank :o
  • He said a lot of the same stuff on the Michael Kay show.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Joe G back 4/16
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Joe G back 4/16

WHOOHOO!! :clap::clap:
    Joe G back 4/16

Word. Love it. Saw a tweet that assuming Girardi finishes this contract, the Yankees will have had 2 managers in the last 22 years. That is very unyankeelike.

Now lets get this team going. Hal has no time for rebuilding so let's see what they can do.
    In honor of the occasion

madjoe.gif
    9543471792_a93acd9bcd_o.gif
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Joe G back 4/16

Word. Love it. Saw a tweet that assuming Girardi finishes this contract, the Yankees will have had 2 managers in the last 22 years. That is very unyankeelike.

Now lets get this team going. Hal has no time for rebuilding so let's see what they can do.

Abreu did his workout for teams last week at our Dominican complex, we need to sign this guy righty power is what this team lacks.