The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,726
    Girardi outmanaged Torre big time. Torre fucked up going to Broxton with a 4 run lead, leaving him in there for 40 pitches, and bringing in a shitty lefty to get Cano. Torre should know better than anyone that Cano hits lefties well. The decision to go to Mo down 6-2 turned out great. And the kids, Huffman & Curtis,,,,big time at bats

Watching Torre butcher his bullpen last night was pretty sweet. Why do you let your star closer throw almost 50 pitches?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Girardi outmanaged Torre big time. Torre fucked up going to Broxton with a 4 run lead, leaving him in there for 40 pitches, and bringing in a shitty lefty to get Cano. Torre should know better than anyone that Cano hits lefties well. The decision to go to Mo down 6-2 turned out great. And the kids, Huffman & Curtis,,,,big time at bats

Watching Torre butcher his bullpen last night was pretty sweet. Why do you let your star closer throw almost 50 pitches?

so fucking overrated with us it wasn't even funny
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

so fucking overrated with us it wasn't even funny

My 3 gripes were that he had no clue how to manage the bullpen, was not half as good once he lost Zimmer and the book.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,232
    I know Joe wanted to win that game but he should have had Belisario start the ninth and only insert Broxton if someone gets on base. Bringing in Sherrill is a strictly by the book move as Cano was 0-for-11 off him. However, those 11 at-bats were buy a less mature hitter and in a matchup with someone struggling like Sherrill against someone hitting like Cano, the odds tend to favor the hitter.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789
    It felt like October in July last night! I was besides myself, a great way to end a weekend

after watching that crazy error inning and kershaw being on.... I didn't think we had a shot. They must of partied their asses off after the game being in Hollywood and having a day off today

they deserve it!!

Oh and jorge's catching ability :)
    thank god he can hit
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    That game sucked a**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    It felt like October in July last night! I was besides myself, a great way to end a weekend

after watching that crazy error inning and kershaw being on.... I didn't think we had a shot. They must of partied their asses off after the game being in Hollywood and having a day off today

they deserve it!!

thank god he can hit

Agree 100%, I was dozing off in the 8th but woke up for the 9th and couldn't fall back asleep after. That was one hell of a win.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    managed to stay up to see the yanks lose for 8 innings... passed out before the 9th. :lol:

what a win. ironic to see the dodgers undoing was because of torre's inability to manage his late inning guys.
    rival. wrote:

what a win. ironic to see the dodgers undoing was because of torre's inability to manage his late inning guys.

Pretty funny, right?

I heard Paul Quantrill, Tanyon Sturtz, Scott Proctor, and Steve Karsay all called Broxton after the game to wish him well and let him know his arm will probably fall off in about 6 months.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

they deserve it!!

thank god he can hit

Agree 100%, I was dozing off in the 8th but woke up for the 9th and couldn't fall back asleep after. That was one hell of a win.

Even the part where I said it was october in July :shock: , that just goes to show where my head is....the weekend!! this week is gonna drag :?
    Lizard wrote:
    That game sucked a**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:

Hi Lizard :wave:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

they deserve it!!

thank god he can hit

Even the part where I said it was october in July :shock: , that just goes to show where my head is....the weekend!! this week is gonna drag :?

Ha. Didn't catch that, guess I am right there with you.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Pretty funny, right?

I heard Paul Quantrill, Tanyon Sturtz, Scott Proctor, and Steve Karsay all called Broxton after the game to wish him well and let him know his arm will probably fall off in about 6 months.

I love that when Torre took the job in LA, Proctor was a Dodger. Think he demanded a trade? I agree whole eartedly that Torre was overrated. I have no doubt that if Buck was the skipper from 96-07, they win at least 4 titles. Also agree that Zimmer was a huge influence. they pretty much stopped running aggresively whn Zim left. Too bad Zim wasnt there in 04. They run like crazy with Wakefield to Varitek, and there is no collapse. Also agree that he was the worst when it came to the bullpen. And Girardi is one of the best. Not one Yankee has been in the top 15 in appearances since he took the job. They had 3 of the 5 most Torre years
    clifford and hughes tonight ...a preview of our 2 and 3 starters next year :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,795
    Let's Go Yankees
    I miss igotid88
    Damn, let's keep it here Hughes. Can't give lee much room
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,795
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Damn, let's keep it here Hughes. Can't give lee much room

looks a little rusty. hasn't fallen apart. but you could see he's finding his way. And the Yankees were doing good working the count against lee the first 2 innings. But 2 first pitch outs didn't help in the 3rd.
    I miss igotid88
    Lots of base hits. Nothing hit terribly hard though. Yeah, gotta be tough to work a count on lee though with all his strikes. The first couple innings were nice though.

Well that was hit hard but a dp, I'll take it
    And as soon as I say that, 2 balls are scorched. Thank god for the dp
    Man, not hughes night. Hopefully he is just off and it has nothing to do with the skipped start, skipping starts seemed to fuck with joba last year. I get they have to be careful, routines just seem to be so important to pitchers
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Keith Law's updated list of top 25 prospects in the minors...new version out today

just one yankee on the list

6. Jesus Montero, C/DH, NY Yankees. The bat is starting to come around, although he's still not performing at the level he showed the previous two years. Previous ranking: No. 9

Romine was one of 3 guys that 'Just Missed'

Dom Brown is the new #1. word
    According to the mariners play by play guy, it seems the mariners just won the world series. Funny thing is, he keeps ranting and raving about how great lee is but it is possibly the last time he sees him pitch in mariners uni.
    Hahahahhahahahahahaah. Lee is saying how great Yankees fans are! Fucking fantastic! We will be a fan of you in 6 months
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    According to the mariners play by play guy, it seems the mariners just won the world series. Funny thing is, he keeps ranting and raving about how great lee is but it is possibly the last time he sees him pitch in mariners uni.

it was probably dave simms. he's actually from philly...probably a phils fan. I think the M's announcers are pretty solid
    Yeah, that's him. He mentioned he was from Philly. He was pretty brutal.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, I guess when your team is playing no opposing announcer is good. I dont know the name of the M's other play by play guy (older guy...been around a long time). He's better than simms. It's weird, the old guy starts the game and simms finishes it.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,232
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, I guess when your team is playing no opposing announcer is good. I dont know the name of the M's other play by play guy (older guy...been around a long time). He's better than simms. It's weird, the old guy starts the game and simms finishes it.

The older guy is Niehaus, whom I believe won the Ford Frick award in the Hall of Fame. Sims has always been a solid announcer from his days doing the mid-morning show on WFAN. He also does Sunday night football on Westwood One.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/magaz ... -t.html?hp

someone sent me a 6 page article on Mo

Just came here to post this. Going to be an unproductive half hour or so.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Keith Law's updated list of top 25 prospects in the minors...new version out today

just one yankee on the list

6. Jesus Montero, C/DH, NY Yankees. The bat is starting to come around, although he's still not performing at the level he showed the previous two years. Previous ranking: No. 9

Romine was one of 3 guys that 'Just Missed'

Dom Brown is the new #1. word

I am happy with this. Suprised Montero moved up though with his poor start. With all the type A free agents the Yankees have signed, I am very happy with their farm. Romine is going to be good. Brackman is pitching much better this year as he moves further away from TJ. McAllister, Banuelos, Nunez, Nova and Sanchez are all solid prospects as well.